• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are netizens unhappy because Mediacorpse drama dialogue is true?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local drama mocking Singaporeans?

Zenzen
inSing.com - 4 hrs 3 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pics / Screencaps)</cite>
Netizens are in an uproar over a new local Chinese drama that allegedly mocks Singaporeans.

In the locally produced Channel 8, 9pm drama titled "Love Thy Neighbour", one of the characters portrayed by actress Ng Hui scolded her husband, portrayed by actor Cavin Soh, for not earning enough money to support his family in Singapore.

Her character goes on to lament the high cost of living in Singapore, saying that despite her husband's salary of $4,000 a month, it will not be sufficient to pay for their house rental and child's education.

Many netizens are unhappy with how the show portrays the lifestyle of Singaporeans and for allegedly encouraging Singaporeans to emigrate.

In a poll on the Hardware Zone forum, more than 90% out of over 200 respondents felt that the drama should be pulled.

A netizen "andylyf" said, "This show is basically mocking Singaporeans. Local men are so pitiful, despite earning $4,000 a month, the man has to worry about paying for the children's education, housing, car and more."

Another netizen "mikeyzan" said, "I watched it because I thought it was a nice and heartwarming drama with elements of kinship, friendship and relationships. But it turned out this show is mocking Singaporeans."

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SGD 4,000 a month can be big or small amount, depending on the lifestyle. If everything also want to buy, SGD40,000 also not enough. Singaporeans all know the hidden cost of owning a car but still insist on getting one, knowing a huge chunk of the income goes to the car. Nobody put a gun on the head to buy a car, rite? Any why the need to use credit card to buy iphone, ipad, LVs and all the luxurious goods which they don't need in the first place. Many simply just misunderstood their wants as needs. So blame who?
What Singapore need is a wake up call. And that is to learn the basic economic theory of supply and demand, needs and wants.

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth sure hurts, isn't it. What are you going to do about it- this matters. 4K per month for a family for Sprean is not enough. Just how many are earning this 4K? But for the FTs, 4K SGD oer month is a dream come true. Goodness, what they can do back home with this money..... Wake up Sinkies!!!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the drama encourage to migrate is true where A$4,000 is OK to support a family in Australia/NZ/Canada. That is $1,000 a week pay. Man bring home money is call income, woman bring home money is call extra money (for who, you wonder?)

With a 2-4 y.o used car bought at $10,000-$15,000 easy re-payment and can keep for >10 years and still going OK. Cost of raw food can buy from wet market in cases/cartons, not hand pick 1 bunch, and split costs among few families to last for a week and that is a big savings.

Let the FTs have war with Leegime and become FTs to another country. If You don't leave your homeland the Ah Nehs and Ah Tiongs are leaving their homeland and going to join you as migrants in Singapore and to Australia/NZ/Canada also.

Hey! might as well leave and go places where you can pay off your new car in 4 years and fully own for the rest of your life. Fuck Singapore for being a small island trying to brag their ecomony and fake GDP. A small cock cannot fuck deep and change screw patterns right? so what can a small island do?

The truth sure hurts, isn't it. What are you going to do about it- this matters. 4K per month for a family for Sprean is not enough. Just how many are earning this 4K? But for the FTs, 4K SGD oer month is a dream come true. Goodness, what they can do back home with this money..... Wake up Sinkies!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$$ always never enough ok...

look at Tevez...25,000 pound per wk still not happy, go on strike...

if i have 25,000 pound a week, i will work 24/7 LOL

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$$ always never enough ok...

look at Tevez...25,000 pound per wk still not happy, go on strike...

if i have 25,000 pound a week, i will work 24/7 LOL

Bro Red, that prick Tevez is earning more than 25,000 per week..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-arrival-at-city-1746251.html?action=Gallery

KNN, if I was him, I would not mind even playing for the Man City reserves for the rest of my career.. If Mancini asked me to play just 10 minutes before full time, I would run the whole field just for the money... Fuckin stupid prick that Tevez.. That problematic bastard should count himself very very fortunate to be earning that sort of money.. If not because of football, he would be selling drugs or being gunned down in his Buenos Aires slums...

Anyway I watched the drama last nite on Channel 8, just for boredom's sake... Storyline cheesy as usual, lame acting... Aileen Tan is one hot MILF...:eek:

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can it be mocking Singaporeans when we are worrying about all these everyday. I am also amazed that so many people are still watching Singapore series.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Local drama mocking Singaporeans?

Zenzen
inSing.com - 4 hrs 3 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pics / Screencaps)</cite>
Netizens are in an uproar over a new local Chinese drama that allegedly mocks Singaporeans.

In the locally produced Channel 8, 9pm drama titled "Love Thy Neighbour", one of the characters portrayed by actress Ng Hui scolded her husband, portrayed by actor Cavin Soh, for not earning enough money to support his family in Singapore.

Her character goes on to lament the high cost of living in Singapore, saying that despite her husband's salary of $4,000 a month, it will not be sufficient to pay for their house rental and child's education.

Many netizens are unhappy with how the show portrays the lifestyle of Singaporeans and for allegedly encouraging Singaporeans to emigrate.

In a poll on the Hardware Zone forum, more than 90% out of over 200 respondents felt that the drama should be pulled.

A netizen "andylyf" said, "This show is basically mocking Singaporeans. Local men are so pitiful, despite earning $4,000 a month, the man has to worry about paying for the children's education, housing, car and more."

Another netizen "mikeyzan" said, "I watched it because I thought it was a nice and heartwarming drama with elements of kinship, friendship and relationships. But it turned out this show is mocking Singaporeans."

if sinkies got no balls to protest and kick out the current govt, this is what you get.. Getting screw daily.. sinkie deserve it!!!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called RUBBING SALT into open wounds.

Very glad they did this. Now more and more old aunties and uncles who does not use the internet will be more tulan........or more supportive of the SCUMS IN WHITE

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is called RUBBING SALT into open wounds.

Very glad they did this. Now more and more old aunties and uncles who does not use the internet will be more tulan........or more supportive of the SCUMS IN WHITE

tell that to those RC member who like to HELP around to GAIN SOMETHING IN RETURN like getting to a good school for children, having priority in getting a stall in hawker center and all the others self-serving and selfish motive by HELPING AROUND.

i have seen these sinkie losers many times before and i like to observe their sinkie facial expression of self-servitude, amazing things that i learn from them.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
tell that to those RC member who like to HELP around to GAIN SOMETHING IN RETURN like getting to a good school for children, having priority in getting a stall in hawker center and all the others self-serving and selfish motive by HELPING AROUND.

i have seen these sinkie losers many times before and i like to observe their sinkie facial expression of self-servitude, amazing things that i learn from them.

Now that we all know you're disgruntled EX-PAP grassroots member disowned by your Master after your creditors alarmed your grassroots leader about your debt situation, you continue to ball-lick your Master and gloat over the plight of ordinary Singaporeans, hoping to ball lick your way back to your Master.

You have been exposed !

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... [/COLOR]Her character goes on to lament the high cost of living in Singapore, saying that despite her husband's salary of $4,000 a month, it will not be sufficient to pay for their house rental and child's education.

In a poll on the Hardware Zone forum, more than 90% out of over 200 respondents felt that the drama should be pulled ...
$4k a mth oso no enuff in sg dunwan 2 show on tv? ... wanna sweep it under ze carpet? ...

hey! ... wait a min! ... electricity bill going 2 cum down ... u can soon save $1.20 per mth ... :eek: