• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Computers Lower Priced in Singapore or in Johor ?

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where in Johor is the Computer mart located at nowsadays ?

Better to Buy in SG or in Johor ?

Thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Slightly cheaper for quite a few components but do compare before going down. Its no longer at the usual places, go to Plaza Pelangi (PP), 3rd and 4th floors are your best bet. Slighly negotiable on pricing, do join their membership for some of the stores. The parking is slightly expensive so you can choose to park outside especially near the BaWang Rice outlet. There is a Cold Storage there as well so good place to bring the missus.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia has a electronics tax so its never cheaper there. My other concern was warranty and where you have to send it. Think carefully

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mine was cheaper sir, i guess because i haggled, there were lots of people there when i last visited. Warranty will depends on whether they do in store exchange/RMA or you need to send it in yourself. I had a few PSUs in Sim Lim where they never called back about the mother boards or PSUs and i had to chase, they of course told me that the person in charge has left so my RMA PSUs etc are still somewhere out there.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine was cheaper sir, i guess because i haggled, there were lots of people there when i last visited. Warranty will depends on whether they do in store exchange/RMA or you need to send it in yourself. I had a few PSUs in Sim Lim where they never called back about the mother boards or PSUs and i had to chase, they of course told me that the person in charge has left so my RMA PSUs etc are still somewhere out there.
Usually people bring somethjng in that means your warranty is already in sim lim. The other thing is laptops i always buy 2nd hand. I dont find them to be worth their stupid starting price. Same for tablets. Like it or not johor 2nd hand market is more inconvenient. And less trustworthy

CamelBacks

Just get it delivered from outside.

Potentially travelling through Singapore and there's a ton of influencers that have been going there because it was open during the pandemic driving up prices.