• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Apple is doomed

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple mobile phone trading is nothing compared to their forefathers illegal drug opium trade at China door step.

From 1750s to 1900s was a long illegal drug trading in the far East. Is a a world domination and monopoly drug trade. 50 years of forced drug trade on the Chinese was unprecedented and yet pommies can cause they are only grows and suppliers. They don't deal in drug trade in China.

Moreover opium was grow in India. None of their White invaded colonies have grow opium. Did america, Australia and Canada grow opium in these lands?

Amazingly stupid argument.

Does Apple hv 2 gunboats opium trade wars with the Chinese?

What so great of these cheap sake angmohs where they can cannot manufactured in their motherland England. Only China can do it from them already showed you angmoh are the worse useless human species on earth.

Chinese are the best. 华人强。

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cash out with a win. Thank you, AAPL.

Stocks will come down significantly when the Trump's billionaire buddies pull out of the market ...they have made their money and are leaving the bags for the institutional investors and retail investors to carry.

I have owned some of the Apple shares since even before Steve Jobs returned to Apple. During the financial crisis things were really, really bad & I couldn't sell any of my Malaysian or Spore shares because everyone was terrified & hanging onto their $. The PAP had to increase the insurance of money held in banks because they were fearful of bank runs. Even my US bank sent out assurances that accounts were insured in case of a bank failing.

It was in this kind of environment that Apple prospered & their share prices increased :eek:
People were running for the shelters like gold, ... & Apple.

Trump is I think bad for the economy because of the uncertainty he has created. However Apple has weathered the financial crisis because they have been careful about how they manage their money & now they have over $200+ billion of cash. I'm sure that the $200+ billion will outlast the Trump years .

Some predict that the price is going to increase to $150. As long as they are paying dividends I don't care because I've already recoup the money I've spent on buying the shares. I've only spent $100,000 or less on the shares from $20 to $180 & this was before the split by 7 when it reached $700 :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who are buying into the Trump rally will lose if they don't take their profit now. The billionaire pals of Trump are gradually getting out with their profits.

Why you confused? You buy low and then sell high. You may not buy at the lowest or sell at the highest ...but you still can make a good profit. The greedy ones are those who end up with the bag. If you are not greedy, you will always be on top ...just have patience some times.

Post archived and earmarked for future reference to ridicule and mock winniepeg the delusion sadfuck

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have owned some of the Apple shares since even before Steve Jobs returned to Apple. During the financial crisis things were really, really bad & I couldn't sell any of my Malaysian or Spore shares because everyone was terrified & hanging onto their $. The PAP had to increase the insurance of money held in banks because they were fearful of bank runs. Even my US bank sent out assurances that accounts were insured in case of a bank failing.

It was in this kind of environment that Apple prospered & their share prices increased :eek:
People were running for the shelters like gold, ... & Apple.

Trump is I think bad for the economy because of the uncertainty he has created. However Apple has weathered the financial crisis because they have been careful about how they manage their money & now they have over $200+ billion of cash. I'm sure that the $200+ billion will outlast the Trump years .

Some predict that the price is going to increase to $150. As long as they are paying dividends I don't care because I've already recoup the money I've spent on buying the shares. I've only spent $100,000 or less on the shares from $20 to $180 & this was before the split by 7 when it reached $700 :biggrin:

which is why gayphones need to die,without gayphones lets see how fast things will go south for Apple.they found the holy grail of all crack cocaine when they invented the gayphone.im going to buy lenovo and xiaomi and huawei stock now,they could be the gayphone killer one day.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which is why gayphones need to die,without gayphones lets see how fast things will go south for Apple.they found the holy grail of all crack cocaine when they invented the gayphone.im going to buy lenovo and xiaomi and huawei stock now,they could be the gayphone killer one day.

Buying Chinese stocks is risky because you don't really know if the financial reports are genuine or fake.

An Apple iPhone is an aspirational product. Owning one is a sign that you have made it in the world. Same reason the chinese are paying $$$ for Rolls Royce, Beamers, Prada bags, ... They want to show off & impress their peers. :smile: Buying a cheaper Xiaomi Huawei, ... would not have the same snob appeal :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buying Chinese stocks is risky because you don't really know if the financial reports are genuine or fake.

An Apple iPhone is an aspirational product. Owning one is a sign that you have made it in the world. Same reason the chinese are paying $$$ for Rolls Royce, Beamers, Prada bags, ... They want to show off & impress their peers. :smile: Buying a cheaper Xiaomi Huawei, ... would not have the same snob appeal :biggrin:

it is an aspirational product,back in the days when iphone was the premium product around,but theres stronger competitors now,samsung,one plus,htc for example.even xiaomi and huawei are creating some pretty impressive stuff for their price points.unlike stupid handbags,technology is not a impenetrable moat,the only way steve jobs kept ahead of the competition is by coming up with new products all the time,simply coming up with new reiterations of the same old crap is not going to work for apple forever.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is an aspirational product,back in the days when iphone was the premium product around,but theres stronger competitors now,samsung,one plus,htc for example.even xiaomi and huawei are creating some pretty impressive stuff for their price points.unlike stupid handbags,technology is not a impenetrable moat,the only way steve jobs kept ahead of the competition is by coming up with new products all the time,simply coming up with new reiterations of the same old crap is not going to work for apple forever.

You statement already show you up as a clueless nerd fuck.
Iphone isn't about the price point or the most impressive technology though their tech is pretty kick ass. It's about the glam factor. You dun get it so no point explaining to you.
I bet you used to own a Creative zen instead of an ipod.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You statement already show you up as a clueless nerd fuck.
Iphone isn't about the price point or the most impressive technology though their tech is pretty kick ass. It's about the glam factor. You dun get it so no point explaining to you.
I bet you used to own a Creative zen instead of an ipod.

i own a creative muvo 2 and roar 2,despite being a complete failure of a company,creative sound cards are still pretty inpressive shit,creative know their sound tech very well.i remember owning a ipod once like back in 08 or something when my sis got one from US......didnt think much of it,never owned anything apple again,only my mom owns apple junk,even my sis eventually switched to other brand laptops and smartphones.in fact the connector and itunes was pretty retarded and turned me off.fuck apple.i guess apple do attract the morons.

glam comes and go,eventually apple will go the way of nokia and the dodo bird.even their laptops are going the way of the dodo bird.....apple is supposed to be a comp company but do u see anyone using their retarded notebooks?from 200six to 201six lenovo increased its market share from 7.0 percent to 20.7 percent.where the fuck is apple?apple has a huge fanbase but no one buying their laptops?shows that expensive junk is just that junk,when it comes to technology glam means fuck all.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is an old article from 2012 but I think it is still true today.

Apple has spent $$$...$$ designing the ARM processor & the OS(IOS). The are able to integrate HW & SW. Other manufacturers simply use generic chips like snapdragon & the generic android. Android phones do not have the same integration of HW & SW & that is why they will always have compromises. So if you want the best smartphone Apple is it.

Just look at all the chinese brands & you will notice that most copy are copies of the iPhone. Samsung's top models with all the fancy features are also not cheap . The problem with the Note 7 was probably caused when they tried to get longer battery life with a bigger battery. What is scary is that Samsung did not do adequate tests & that is the difference with the iPhone. You are paying for the design & testing that goes into the iPhone

6 Reasons Apple Is So Successful

By Tim Bajarin @bajarinMay 07, 2012

One of the more interesting questions I get asked about as an industry analyst who’s followed Apple since 1981 is why Apple is so successful. It’s an honest question because to those unfamiliar with Apple, the company’s rise and current dominance in non-PC devices is somewhat puzzling.

Most people have a working understanding of the fact that Apple lost the PC wars to Microsoft, and only nominally understand that when Apple created the iPod and then the iPhone, the company started to go in a new direction. And anyone who’s gone into an Apple store knows full well that Apple’s customer service and stores represent the gold standard for selling and supporting tech gadgets. But beyond that, the reasons why Apple is really successful are still a mystery to many.

There are plenty of books about Apple that talk about everything from Steve Jobs’ history to tenets of Apple’s business models to secrets about Apple’s internal-management ideas. However, after years of watching Apple up close and personal and having to deal with every one of their CEOs, as well as interacting with various Apple execs over the years, I would like to suggest that the reasons the company is successful can be boiled down to six key principles that make it very hard for competitors to compete with Apple.

1. For any product that Apple creates, the people who create it have to want it themselves
So many times with projects I do with other tech companies, the goal is almost always based around the technology first, followed by whether or not people really want to use it. Geeky engineers are dazzled by the technology at their disposal and often create something because they can. But Apple’s approach is quite different. The engineers who are creating Apple products actually make them for themselves. And Jobs was the chief “user” of Apple products when he was alive. All of Apple’s products are based on the fact that Jobs represented the real customer. And his engineers had to come to grips with that when designing a product. It has to be something that they personally couldn’t live without.

2. The products have to be easy to use

Jobs was a stickler on this point. While industrial design is a critical component of any product Apple makes, if it is not easy to use, it is considered worthless to the consumer. This is what drove the company’s user-interface designs from Day 1 and is still the mantra pushed to the software and hardware engineers every day they go to work. All of the products they create have to be intuitive and easy to understand and learn. As technology has become more intricate and users want more features, the task of keeping things simple is sometimes difficult. And Apple creates tools for power users and rookies, which can mean a broad range of ease-of-use issues. But even with that, Apple is the only company I deal with where ease of use is more important than the product itself. Apple makes this a critical goal of its approach to creating anything for the market.

3. Keep things simple
I was in Paris in the past two weeks and had talks with various French telecommunications officials about many mobile-computing issues. But one conversation I had in particular emphasizes this keep-it-simple point. We were discussing how to compete with Apple — a major pastime for all Apple competitors and carriers these days — when the question of why Apple is really successful came up. And one exec nailed it when he said he felt that the real reason Apple is successful is because it has one product; in this case the iPhone. It minimizes the decisionmaking process for the consumer by making things simple. The person speaking was with a carrier in France, and he said that in their stores, they have to have as many as 25 different models of phones available. That makes it hard for his staff to be really knowledgeable about all of them all of the time, and their customers just have too many options to choose from.

But Apple only has one iPhone model, and anyone who has gone into an Apple store understands that every staff member there knows a great deal about each of the four major products carried in its stores. Apple doesn’t have five iPhone models to choose from; it has only one. While this may seem limiting given the amount of smart phones available to users, the truth is the reverse. Our company has done consumer research for over 30 years, and consumers constantly tell us that while choice is nice, in reality they want the process of choosing a tech product to be simple and not complicated by a plethora of choices.

Yes, there are tech-savvy people who like more choices and sometimes even like complexity, but from years of experience as a market researcher, I can tell you that in the end, the majority of users are not tech-savvy, and keeping things simple for them is a plus. Apple understands this in spades and is never tempted to add multiple versions of an iPhone, iPad or even more than one or two types of iPods. This makes buying an Apple product simple. And consumers seem to appreciate this considering the huge number of iDevices that are sold each year. I know the tech media and techies are the most vocal about this issue of choice, but in the end, while choice is good for competitive pricing, what nontechie consumers really want is simplicity.

4. Offer great customer service and in-store experiences

Jobs understood one of the major conundrums of technology: even if you create products that are easy to use, the variety of things that people want to use technology for often creates complexity. Because of this, consumers at all levels may need some hand holding from time to time. I was one of the most vocal critics of Apple when it introduced its first retail store in Tokyo in 2002. I thought it was crazy for Apple to try and go into retail. At the time, and even today, tech retail stores are in decline while big-box stores like Costco and Walmart sell products on price and nothing else. I thought that if price were the issue, an upscale retail store would be DOA. Wow, were other naysayers and I wrong about Apple’s retail strategy.

Apple uses this conundrum to its advantage. Because it keeps product SKUs simple, the salespeople inside the stores know the products really well. Notice that when you go into an Apple store and are greeted by one of the sales staff, you’re not asked, “How can I help you?” Instead they ask, “What would you like to do today?” They go right to the heart of any technology user’s question, a question that’s always related to what they want to do with the technology the user is interested in.

And once you explain your needs, they take care of it on the spot in most cases. Or if you need more hand holding, they turn you over to the Apple Geniuses. No wonder 50% of people buying Apple products are new to Apple. Apple’s products are simple to understand and use, but if you do have a problem, Apple can take care of it at their stores or over the phone quickly.

5. Apple only makes a product if Apple can do it better

Apple normally doesn’t invent a new product or product category. Sure, the company did invent the first commercial PC with the Apple II, and the Mac improved on PCs with a graphical user interface and mouse input. But since then, all of Apple’s other products have been recreations of existing products. Apple did not invent the MP3 player; Apple reinvented it and made it better. Apple did not invent the smart phone; Apple reinvented it and made it better. And Apple did not invent the tablet; Apple reinvented it and made it better.

As Apple designer Jonathan Ive said recently, “Our goals are very simple — to design and make better products. If we can’t make something that is better, we won’t do it.” Clearly, Apple applied that thinking first to iPods, then smart phones and more recently, to the iPad.

6. Apple stays at least two years ahead of its competitors

This is the one that scares Apple’s competitors the most. While those competing with Apple are just getting products to market that are competitive, Apple is already working on the products at least two years out. For example, the new iPhone that will most likely go to market in October was designed and signed off on two years ago. And the iPhone the company is working on now is for the fall of 2014. The same goes for the iPad. The new iPad that we will most likely see next March was signed off on two years ago. The one that’s being worked on now we will probably see in 2015. This is a nightmare for Apple’s competitors and will continue to be for some time.

Besides having geniuses in design, software and retail, Apple also has the cash to invent components, manufacturing processes and things like that, which almost makes it impossible for the competition to make any real headway against Apple. And don’t let the fact that Android has become the No. 1 smart-phone operating system make you think that it’s the big winner. Yes, Android has gained ground by the sheer numbers of companies and products pushing Android. But the real measure of success is in the profits, and Apple is making as much as 70% of all the profits in smart phones and about 85% of the profits in tablets. Just ask any Android competitor which they would like more, market share or profits. You’ll get the answer relating to the real measure of success in this market.

These six principles may seem a bit simplistic given the fact that Apple also has great software, industrial design and a powerful ecosystem of content, apps and services as part of the company’s success equation. However, I can tell you that from my three decades of following Apple, it’s these six key principles that are what really makes it successful. And as long as it adheres to them, it’s pretty likely that Apple will continue to grow and command a relatively large share of the market in the company’s product categories where it competes.

Bajarin is the president of Creative Strategies Inc., a technology-industry-analysis and market-intelligence firm in Silicon Valley.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Snapdragon is generic?im sorry what?

for smartphones yes,the iphone os may be a bit more efficient and smoother.but when it comes to laptops and pcs,no one cares about Mac OS.save it for the editing idiots and artist wannabes and narcissists.u will find lots of people trying to emulate windows on Mac Os X,but u will never see any windows user trying to emulate Mac OS on windows,its useless and redundant.

and Mac hardware sucks,controlling hardware is foolish,u cant make the best everything in the world,thats why when people say snapdragon is generic we laugh.apple just wants to make money off idiots.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Snapdragon is generic?im sorry what?.....

Yes all the Android phones have to make do with a generic CPUs. Have you taken a look at the latest proprietory ARM fusion chip that is in an iPhone 7?
It is not the same as a generic ARM chip. Apple has made a lot of improvements to the design they are using.

Many think that Apple will eventually replace the intel processors currently used in their Powerbooks. Each iteration of the ARM processors have become more powerful. Apple has been hiring plenty of talented people from Samsung, AMD, .... They also have deep pockets to pay for it.

Don't forget that the ARM processors are found in all iPhones, iPads, & even in the newer Macbooks. With so many ARM processor in use Apple can recoup their investment in R&D. So those who predict that demise of Apple better take a closer look :smile:

Go & google what people are saying about the latest ARM fusion chip. I'll include one:

iPhone 7 Performance: A10 Chip Smokes Galaxy S7, Gives Intel Problems

The iPhone 7's new A10 processor is so fast that Intel's newer PC processors are having trouble staying ahead, says a respected chip consulting group.

In an October 16 article entitled "Apple A10 bruises other CPUs," with the sub-heading "iPhone 7 processor uses really big core for top performance," The Linley Group makes it clear that Apple has become one of the world's premier processor design houses.

"The A10 Fusion...contains not one but two custom CPU designs," Linley Gwennap wrote in The Linley Group's Mobile Chip Report, referring to the two separate processor designs within the quad-core A10 processor. Gwennap provided me with a full-length copy of the report.

"The massive [Apple] Hurricane CPU improves performance by 35% over the previous-generation [Apple] Twister, boosting both the clock speed and the per-clock performance. The smaller Zephyr CPU helps the iPhone 7 extend battery life compared with its predecessor," according to Gwennap.

Apple’s new CPU actually compares better against Intel’s mainstream x86 cores. The current MacBook Air ultrathin notebook, which uses a 2.2GHz Core i7-5650U Broadwell processor, scores about the same as the iPhone 7 on single-core Geekbench...Apple’s CPU prowess is beginning to rival Intel’s. In fact, the new Hurricane could easily support products such as the MacBook Air that today use lower-speed Intel chips, should Apple choose to port MacOS to ARM.

Money is no obstacle: "Part of Apple’s advantage is its ability to spend money. Die area is expensive for a processor built in leading-edge 16 [nanometer] FinFET technology, and Hurricane uses plenty of it," Gwennap wrote. Die refers to the physical chip. FinFETs "are 3D structures that rise above the substrate and resemble a fin, hence the name," as explained here.

"Apple sells phones, not chips, adding a few dollars of die cost is of little importance if the resulting high performance enables it to sell more $600 products," Gwennap added.

"Blows" other chips "out of the water"
: "Owing to...improvements, Hurricane blows other CPUs out of the water," Gwennap wrote. For the comparison, the Mobile Chip report used an average of the Geekbench 3 and Geekbench 4 scores "to iron out some anomalies in the newer test."

As Gwennap explains, Geekbench focuses on CPU performance "the single-core result is a good measure of a CPU’s performance, whereas the multicore result combines the performance of all CPUs in the system...Apple’s new A10 leads in single-core testing but trails slightly in multicore owing to its lower core count."

Whereas previous Apple generations have lagged in CPU speed, the A10 is now on par with its competitors in this metric. Samsung’s custom M1 is the fastest at 2.6GHz, but it cannot sustain that speed when three or more cores are running, throttling back to 2.3GHz. By combining its much better IPC with a similar clock speed, the A10 delivers industry-leading performance.

Apple's focus on single-core performance gives it an upper hand. "Apple continues to focus on single-core performance. By designing its own CPUs, the company differentiates from its competitors on this metric. Although these competitors add more CPUs to improve their multicore-benchmark scores, the extra cores don’t help most applications, which run only on one or two CPUs," Gwennap said.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont think u understand the meaning of generic,just because something is used by everyone doesnt make it generic,its like saying all rolls royce engines are generic just because its used by airbus and boeing and fighter jets all over the world,or Panasonic lithium ion batteries are generic because everyone and his cow from smartphone makers to powerbanks to ebikes to tesla uses Panasonic batteries.they are still the best of the best,the creme de la creme of the industry.just like qualcomm is the best smartphone chip maker,Intel is the best CPU processor manufacturer,apple needs to get the fuck out.

also im confused,are smartphone cpus and laptop/pc cpus the same thing?there is no way a smartphone cpu can generate the same power and performance as a laptop/computer cpu can it?otherwise what the hell are we waiting for?just hookup a monitor to my smartphone already and off we go.the microarchitecture and instruction set and all that shit are different..... i dont even understand why they are comparing a apple smartphone chip to a intel chip.as far as i know apple is a nobody outside the smartphone arena,no one is going to use apple chips or gpus or processors or peripherals any time soon.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oculus will support Mac if Apple ever releases ‘a good computer’

Oculus Rift most likely won’t be coming to Mac any time soon, according to Oculus VR founder Palmer Luckey, who says an Apple-compatible version of the virtual reality headset won’t arrive until Cupertino decides to “release a good computer.”

Luckey qualifies what sounds like a bit of a harsh statement by elaborating on his point: “It just boils down to the fact that Apple doesn’t prioritize high-end GPUs. You can buy a $6,000 Mac Pro with the top-of-the-line AMD FirePro D700, and it still doesn’t match our recommended specs.”

If Apple prioritized high-end GPUs like it did “back in the day,” Luckey says he would be all too happy to bring Oculus to the Mac ecosystem. But right now, he says, “there’s just not a single machine out there that supports it.”

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Job wanted to get into the mobile phone industry. He went to many mobile phone companies and only AT&T give him this unconditional term to build his own phone.

Job biz plan was selll 50000 phone a year.

Job setup 3 teams and separate them and each ream don't know what others do.

At that time the computer schools were into software games development based on Javascript. Many games developers with to sell their simple games but we're thrown out by companies dominate the game industries.

Job adds 20 games to his iPhone and many game lover people buy his phones.

These new geek developers hacked iPhone and quietly sell their games in iPhone.

There were hundreds of games in iPhone like angry birds and so on.

Job was shocked but at the same times sells more phones that expected.

He organised meeting with game developers to help them sell more adding securities and marketing for them. Job charged 30% sales commission and $90 a year for ..... smart move.

Apple iphones become popular choice to buy and apple sales exceeded 50000 in a year.

Now moblie phones are getting electronic controls. The days of games and give u large memory spaces to store photos are over. It is back to pure electronic and UI will be control panel of a equipment.

Next time u buy a copier without control panel in it. Go download the copier App before u can even print. Lagi troublesome.

But u can get cheaper copier made in USA. But now can make in India get America in shit cheaper to buy from ah Neh.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
also im confused,are smartphone cpus and laptop/pc cpus the same thing?there is no way a smartphone cpu can generate the same power and performance as a laptop/computer cpu can it?otherwise what the hell are we waiting for?j....

If an android company is using the same processor isn't it a generic chip? Compared to Apple who is the only company that uses the faster ARM fusion.

If you read the article I've provided you'll see that the ARM fusion processor has the same performance as an Intel i5 Macbook Air. However it is still not as powerful as the Intel desktop processors like the i7. Don't forget that Apple offers the Mac Pro. Apple is probably getting a better price from Intel by doing volume purchases.

Currently it does not make financial sense to replace the Intel processors. The Apple ARM processor is good but not good enough to compete with the higher end Intel processors e.g. i7. Give it a few more iterations & it will improve. However don't forget that Intel is also working to improve their processors.

However If Intel fails to improve their processors then I wouldn't be surprise if Apple starts using ARM instead of Intel.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
China hv their own chip now Made in China. So next 10 years see more chippy on the market and make USA great is doomed.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.... ah Neh know how to squeeze angmoh balls. So next iPhone will hv double ii . Let wait for the badly made iPhone from India.

Microsoft hired 3000 indians IT to produced dodgy window 2000 and Vista. Then Microsoft struggled to rebuilt their bad image and forget the moblie phone market.

So let's see apple will be the same.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha.... ah Neh know how to squeeze angmoh balls. So next iPhone will hv double ii . Let wait for the badly made iPhone from India.

Why do you think the PAP has allowed so many ah nehs into Spore?
The PAP is probably sacrificing jobs in Spore , in exchange for entry into the Indian market