• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apology to Ng Eng Hen

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
30955_432431856812828_28361646_n.png

Apology by Heng-Cheong Leong, MyAppleMenu

1. On or about 17 November 2012, I published on my website, SingaporeSurf (at http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/), the words "Ng Eng Han Lied To Singaporeans About Providing A NS Disruption List", followed by the following words:

"Sir, you also mentioned that you would publish annually a list of names of NSF who defer their enlistments ('NS disruption list to be open for public: Minister Ng', ST 20 Oct 2011). It seemed that it has been overdue or perhaps overlooked. Is the ministry taking the matter seriously? Let's be a little generous and give him until the end of this year for the list."

(collectively, the "Words", at http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/) with a link to words which were originally published by The Real Singapore (at http://therealsingapore.com/content/...isruption-list).

2. I recognise that the Words meant or were understood to mean that Minister for Defence, Dr Eng Hen, lied to Singaporeans when he said that he would provide a National Service disruption list.

3. I admit and acknowledge that this allegation is false and completely without foundation. The lists of names of full-time National Servicemen given permission to defer their enlistments have been provided, and are publicly available on the Ministry of Defence website (at http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/pre...isruption.html).

4. I unreservedly apologise to Dr Ng Eng Hen for the distress and embarrassment caused to him by this allegation.

5. I have removed the Words and the link and undertake not to make any further allegation to the same or similar effect.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This idiot shoot off without checking, and TRE thought it hit jackpot.
Both deserved it!

This episode is another ammunition for the govt & MSM to call for regulating the online community.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If one day Richard wan is sue I will jump for joy. That wolf in sheep clothing must be taught a lesson.

This idiot shoot off without checking, and TRE thought it hit jackpot.
Both deserved it!

This episode is another ammunition for the govt & MSM to call for regulating the online community.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fuck pap.
fuck all of them.
they are no better than bullies who ised to extort money from school kids outside the school gate.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These kinds of things could recur every few months. It is best to be guarded when online.

There are more serious problems happening that media spin and court cases cannot stop. You cannot sue a train to start but you can sue the train company bankrupt.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen has sent a lawyer’s letter to two websites asking them to apologise and remove a defamatory article about him.

The article questioned a statement Dr Ng made in Parliament last year

He had said Mindef would provide every year a list of full-time national servicemen given permission to defer from national service for their university studies. This list is available on the Mindef website.

But last Friday, The Real Singapore (TRS) published an article that accused Dr Ng of not keeping his word. Excerpts of it appeared later on the blog SingaporeSurf.

According to the lawyer’s letter sent to TRS, a copy of which was obtained by The Straits Times, the article contained “a false and baseless allegation”.

Lawyer Davinder Singh also said in the Nov 20 letter that the disruption lists are publicly available on the Mindef website.

He said the posting was “reckless and malicious”, and constituted “a very grave libel against our client”.

It “disparaged” Dr Ng and “impugned his character, credit and integrity”, he added.

Mr Singh asked that the posting be removed, and a drafted apology be published for the same number of days that the posting had been on the site.

He also asked for the identity and contact details of the publishers and editors of TRS.

As of today, both TRS and SingaporeSurf had removed the post and carried the apology.