• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone Owns a boat?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Side Track abit..

Anyone owns a Jet-Ski?

I used to race jet-skis. How can I help?

My first was a Kawasaki Ultra 150 which was a quick as lightning but could be described as akin to riding a wild horse. The hull was terrible in rough seas and it threw me off more times than I can remember.

I then switched to a Yamaha GP1200 which was so much more stable and predictable.

They were all two strokes in those days but emission laws driven by the USA have pretty much killed most of the 2 stroke engines in favour of the 4 stroke variety which has way less power per cc. The end result is huge engines of 1500cc or more to make up for the lost horses.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
did you beat the jet skis.....and by how much?

In smooth waters, the jet-skis were faster. In choppy stuff, the wave runners would forge ahead so it all depended upon the conditions of the day.

The best all rounders when it came to handling were the sea doos. However, they suffered from poor reliability compared to the Japs and engines used to blow up and bits of hull were often seen falling off during the course of a race. The sea doo owner's best friend was duct tape.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's a sea ray 510. That's not mine. It's a stock image.

663671_0_230620101351_1.jpg

May I ask if name of your Sea Ray is Sammyboy?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Side Track abit..

Anyone owns a Jet-Ski?
How much does jet skis cost nowadays?
When I was interested in them they cost sgd 10k for a top of the line kawa JS 550....double or triple the price of those that looked like a motorcycle frame mounted on a surfboard type.
I knew a group of jet skiers who every weekend would ride their jet skis all the way to batam then...guess you can't do that now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yeah made by the same company Bombardier.

When I first heard and saw the model of Bombardier's new CSeries passenger aircraft I was pretty excited because the design is sleek and beautiful. Of course its a fresh change from the common Airbus' A320 and Boeing's 737 aircraft.

cseries.jpg

But when China announced the C919 I was not worried :( :( :(

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When I first heard and saw the model of Bombardier's new CSeries passenger aircraft I was pretty excited because the design is sleek and beautiful.

If Bombardier made their planes the same way they made their jet skis, there'd be a lot more dead people around.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i read somewhere Lufthansa placed a reasonable sized order of these C Series airplanes.

To have such a big player show confidence in your aircraft is very good.

When I first heard and saw the model of Bombardier's new CSeries passenger aircraft I was pretty excited because the design is sleek and beautiful. Of course its a fresh change from the common Airbus' A320 and Boeing's 737 aircraft.

:( :(

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things weren't so sophisticated in my days. A friend of mine swore he was in Singapore waters when the Malaysian marine patrol arrested him. However, that didn't alter the fact that he spent two days in a "hotel" in Johore before things were sorted out via an exchange of money for freedom.

As it turned out, it was the PAP's fault. They had offended the Johore prince who was told that he could not land his helicopter in the middle of the polo grounds.

Yes after that incident all Singapore boat that goes fishing at See Wan Toh, Karang Mas near Malaysian waters will arrested by the m&d Marine Polis,

I think if you love the sea the Best solution is to buy the milk and Drink it! Don't buy the Cow, very difficult to maintain!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro TV

I did not want to dampen your spirit and sense of adventure by posting my comments but could not hold back. I went thru a similar period. Enjoyed the wind catching the sails rather than suffering the constant drone of the engine and therefore went for sail and all the luxury of a home.

Owning a boat is as good as asking for a hole in the head. A better way is to rent the craft and you will still be ahead. Or consider long lease from an owner who has lost interest. If you are still keen after a year, go get a boat. As Sam pointed out, you need good company.

A better way to start is to join a class and get both your sailing and power boat qualifications. Your classmates will be where your buddies would come from as they have similar interest. There is also the options of sharing the cost of a boat with a few others. Lots of contacts on used craft or other boating needs.