• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone in this forum into mountain biking ?? .....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are two types of wannabie cyclists.

1. Those who want to ride around Bishan Park at a leisurely pace so they can smell the roses, get some fresh air, a bit of exercise and then a coffee shop stopover on the way home.

2. Those who want to ride the trails at Bukit Timah hill or MacRitchie and imagine themselves doing bunny hops over potholes and tree roots.

For 1, I recommend a commuter bike. Nobbly tyres on mountain bikes are hard going on footpaths and smooth surfaces plus they are hopeless when it comes to handling wet surfaces. Suspension isn't necessary and you'd be wasting your money buying a full suspension or even a hard tail model.

For 2, I'd recommend getting the best bike that you can afford. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed once your fitness and skill levels improve and you'll end up spending more money upgrading.

This isn't the best forum for discussing cycling. There are loads of forums dedicated to the sport. Do a search. Most sinkie cyclists hang out at http://www.togoparts.com

For 1..300 bucks Aleoca will do jus fine... For 2...ish de problem...upgrade neber end...i gib up completely n got myself a Brompton...nothing changes much btn 2001 and 2011 model...hence...no more bbb virus...:biggrin::biggrin:

I dun realli mind others calling it a gay bike...:p:p

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Hia!

global_20653801.jpeg

try this la, good for your back bone

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the practical side, make sure you get a good bicycle chain & lock if you are going to park the bike in the heartlands:smile:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Googled the trails and decided not the rough and tumble type but not so easy also. Zhenghua park trail looks ok. What bicycle to buy suitable?? Quite sick of usual exercise of 500 squats every morning binya.:o:o