• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any soups' fans out there ?

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to relish soups sold at MTR stations in HongKong, until I saw them taking them out from a pouch.
Recently there are many soup stalls in food courts but I heard that there is this special essence where one drop and the whole pot of soup will taste heavenly. Wished some govt agencies will test these soups in food courts to see whether they are the real thing or just souped up chemicals.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you for the visual feast so far. For me, meat-stuffed bittergourd and kiam chye soup is the taste of home.
When you refer to the meat-stuffed bittergourd stuff, i wouLd guessed you are taLikng about
the Hakka version of a bittergourd soup ?

How about this seLf-styLed version of a Hokien bittergourd soup with porkribs and tomatoes ? :

bitter-1.jpg

:wink:

Last edited:

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pub bill will send me fainting :biggrin:
I save the electricity by using a thermal pot. First heat to boil using gas cooker, then place the whole pot in the thermal pot and eight hours later just heat up to drink. Only minimal gas used and the soup is done. Though I must admit it does not taste as good as slow cooked charcoal boiled but save on electricity so eco friendly.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like the peanut chicken feet soup with lotus root. like it very thick and especially if cooked with lots of garlic. also love all ginseng chicken type soups and bakwan kepiting soup. rice + soup = one very satisfying meal for me!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chicken soup sLow boiLed with ginger sLices, white fungus & baby champignons:

chickenfungusoup.jpg

@bro erect; are you here seeing this ?..:smile:

MKPKB

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like the peanut chicken feet soup with lotus root. like it very thick and especially if cooked with lots of garlic. also love all ginseng chicken type soups and bakwan kepiting soup. rice + soup = one very satisfying meal for me!

good for the legs? can run fast.