• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Poker Fanatics here?

acester

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I am sure Texas Hold'em is a favourite game for many people. In fact, this frenzy has been catching on and lots of people are playing it online.

I have a good news for keen players who like to play Texas Hold'em for real. I am able to bring you guys to a certain cruise line where players can pit with one another.

If keen, please register at www.grandsapphire.com
Click on Join Free Membership. Under the Client Relations Executive, select "Ace Yap". I will be glad to serve you personally.

Thanks.

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can tell us a little more eg whats the minimum capital we need to bring.
Hi Guys,

I am sure Texas Hold'em is a favourite game for many people. In fact, this frenzy has been catching on and lots of people are playing it online.

I have a good news for keen players who like to play Texas Hold'em for real. I am able to bring you guys to a certain cruise line where players can pit with one another.

If keen, please register at www.grandsapphire.com
Click on Join Free Membership. Under the Client Relations Executive, select "Ace Yap". I will be glad to serve you personally.

Thanks.

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

As a local, I still prefer to play "pair", the asian style of playing poker. Every player will have 1 card closed and 4 cards open.

acester

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,

The purpose of having Texas Hold'em now is because we are aware that this frenzy is catching on in asia. In fact, there was one such competition which was held in Singapore last year at the Meritius Mandarin Hotel.

There is no minimum capital from what I know. At least I know they did not stipulate any so far. But we all do know that in order to sustain the game for a considerable time, one needs to have some tidy sum of capital.

pokerkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,

The purpose of having Texas Hold'em now is because we are aware that this frenzy is catching on in asia. In fact, there was one such competition which was held in Singapore last year at the Meritius Mandarin Hotel.

There is no minimum capital from what I know. At least I know they did not stipulate any so far. But we all do know that in order to sustain the game for a considerable time, one needs to have some tidy sum of capital.

The tourney was not hosted last year. It was hosted in 2006.
The APPT (Asia Pacific Poker Tour) 2009 Season 3 is coming soon.
Rumoured that its first stop is going to be in Singapore.....
Let's see then.........

acester

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Pokerkaki,

Ya you are right. Its held sometime between Oct to Dec 2006. Cant recall the exact date.

Anyway, hope you guys sign up the membership and I can get to see you guys in person when I arrange for you guys for any of the casion trips.

Cheers!

acester

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all brothers,

So far Texas Hold'em is not available on any of the ships. Not even Star Cruises and Genting.

A lot of brothers here have sent me email making enquiries.

I would suggest you guys add me in msn. It will be easier for me to explain and to give information. My msn add is [email protected]Thanks.

acester

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi justLooking,

I think wat u saw was Carribean Stud Poker. Or 3 card poker.

As for the Texas Hold'em, its gonna be limit type.

justl00king

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi justLooking,

I think wat u saw was Carribean Stud Poker. Or 3 card poker.

As for the Texas Hold'em, its gonna be limit type.
Bro ,

confirm not carribean stud- every player gets 5 cards or

3 card poker. These games very common and I know them.

I was at LJ last Saturday and they had a corner to let you learn this new game. They told me it's called Texas Hold em.

Players starts with betting in and first gets dealt two cards. Can call like poker with a table limt showhand. :smile:

acester

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh guys....

I am so sorry....

Texas Hold'em started liao in LJ.

Thats wat i am talking about.

Just got confirmation from my boss this morning.

I apologise.

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro ,

confirm not carribean stud- every player gets 5 cards or

3 card poker. These games very common and I know them.

I was at LJ last Saturday and they had a corner to let you learn this new game. They told me it's called Texas Hold em.

Players starts with betting in and first gets dealt two cards. Can call like poker with a table limt showhand. :smile:
U are right brother. sorry, I didnt go longjie lately as I was v.busy playing online.
Now that they have this poker game, I guarantee will join them as playing "pair" is my favourite game. Honestly, I still prefer Longjie to play those poker game we saw in chinese cinemas.