• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any of the bros here been to DB before during NS?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If have please share. Narong i think you been inside before since you been to chalet resort changi and in thailand too.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beri kwai one in NS!

Neber Go Kinjio Kar.

Where got time to go DB?

My NS records was Excellent!! LOL!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If have please share. Narong i think you been inside before since you been to chalet resort changi and in thailand too.

I finished NS 30 years ago. Me officer only send soldiers go DB never sit myself before.
I got charged many times during reservist and supposed go DB in 2 instances but managed to siam with only a fine.
But I've visited DB before....what do you want to know?

Btw I also inside Malaysian jail before....machiam holiday stay

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I finished NS 30 years ago. Me officer only send soldiers go DB never sit myself before.
I got charged many times during reservist and supposed go DB in 2 instances but managed to siam with only a fine.
But I've visited DB before....what do you want to know?

Btw I also inside Malaysian jail before....machiam holiday stay

Why you sit prison maciam like go holiday? :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DB should be abolished. Most detainees in DB are with stoopid dumb reasons, the few acquaintance I know ever been to DB are :
1. Driver hit another vehicle sentence to 2 wks
2. Private pointing finger and fark officer, sentence to 3 wks
3. Malingering - 4 wks sentence

All the above 3 wouldn't happen without NS. I say abolish the farking NS.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never received any charges during NS, but on enlistment day at Mindef, two guys were singled out during the swear in ceremony. They were Jehovah Witnesses. I ran into them a year or so after that at Tanglin Dentention Barracks. They were assigned gardening duties and mostly left alone. I was told they do not have to report for reservist after ROD.

Cheers!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that is the case,,all singapore males should convert to JW,,,,from my personal experiences, JW chaps have reservist obligations..when they get called up for reservist,,they get sent to DB during the reservist period...so alot of work to process these JWs,,,send them to DB than get them out,,,,

I never received any charges during NS, but on enlistment day at Mindef, two guys were singled out during the swear in ceremony. They were Jehovah Witnesses. I ran into them a year or so after that at Tanglin Dentention Barracks. They were assigned gardening duties and mostly left alone. I was told they do not have to report for reservist after ROD.

Cheers!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the case,,all singapore males should convert to JW,,,,from my personal experiences, JW chaps have reservist obligations..when they get called up for reservist,,they get sent to DB during the reservist period...so alot of work to process these JWs,,,send them to DB than get them out,,,,

trust me you dont want to.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

bro, what is Jehovah Witnesses?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

JW spend their NS in DB ...working like dogs. They are servants there ...serving the MPs and officers.
For reservist, they spend it in DB again.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not worth it to convert to JW just to avoid NS training. I know some of you will disagree with me, but I don't think military duties in Singapore's NS is really that rough as some people make it out to be. We all somehow made it through the two or two and a half years. And some (like myself) actually had fun during that time. Being locked up in DB is a lot worse, can't plan for weekends or days off, can't see friends and relatives, no CNY. Also, I hear JW blokes have a "criminal record" for being in DB. Not a very wise move. Unless of course if one really believes in the faith and sees meaning in pursuing it.

Cheers!

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not worth it to convert to JW just to avoid NS training. I know some of you will disagree with me, but I don't think military duties in Singapore's NS is really that rough as some people make it out to be. We all somehow made it through the two or two and a half years. And some (like myself) actually had fun during that time. Being locked up in DB is a lot worse, can't plan for weekends or days off, can't see friends and relatives, no CNY. Also, I hear JW blokes have a "criminal record" for being in DB. Not a very wise move. Unless of course if one really believes in the faith and sees meaning in pursuing it.

Cheers!

It's not about rough and yes at times it can be quite fun. But the major problem is it is taking years of our productive lives away. When we go out and compete in the labour market, frequently we are 2-3 years older and it is a disadvantage and downright detrimental in career opportunities, loss of income, age discrimination,etc. We are not compensated for this loss. Time is the most valuable commodity, not money. You can always make more money but you can never buy more time.

For this sacrifice, we are rewarded with loss of jobs via competition with substandard FT's.

If I want to have fun, I can book a safari tour and shoot an elephant.