• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Any Info On........Pro Bono Lawyer.....or Affordable Lawyer......??

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone got info where to find...........Pro Bono Lawyer.....or Affordable Lawyer......?

got elderly neighbour.......not much money.......need to find lawyer to make will......for flat, insurance, CPF, bank account...........

so please help..............(if the old lady got will a bit to me.......share with you lah)

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful, you cannot "Will" your CPF. You can only nominate who will receive your CPF. To do CPF nomination, for elderly persons, better to have it done physically at a nearby CPF office.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
anyone got info where to find...........Pro Bono Lawyer.....or Affordable Lawyer......?

got elderly neighbour.......not much money.......need to find lawyer to make will......for flat, insurance, CPF, bank account...........

so please help..............(if the old lady got will a bit to me.......share with you lah)
I don't think the legal aid bureau provides legal advice on drafting or executing wills. Need a lawyer but can also draft one yourself using format templates.

http://leongszehian.com/?p=859 (yes! the one and only Leong Sze Hian)
https://singaporeprobate.com/wills/example-valid-will-singapore/

For CPF, as what @Damien-Mystic wrote.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful, you cannot "Will" your CPF. You can only nominate who will receive your CPF. To do CPF nomination, for elderly persons, better to have it done physically at a nearby CPF office.

the old woman nominated liao...........but wanna change nominees..........so if change also no need lawyer ?...........

Tel toll free 1800-2255529.

what department's phone number is that ?

attaphouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the "gangster lawyer"? :biggrin:

Will-writing service

Josephus Tan, a highly-recognisable lawyer, grassroots activist, inspirational figure, and generally cool dude with funky L’Oréal Paris hair, has opened a new platform providing a legal service.

Tan’s Invictus Legacy Centre will provide will-writing services to cater to the majority of Singaporeans put off by the idea of leaving behind a will because of perceived hefty fees involved in the process of will-making.

Tan said in his Facebook post on Sept. 9 that his mission is “so that everyone can leave behind a legacy for your loved ones and/ or charitable causes you’re passionate about”.

Will-writing services start from S$99 — which is why he announced the platform’s opening on 9/9.

The wills the firm writes are named “Happy Wills”.

The market rate for this will-writing service is currently price between S$200 to S$300.

https://mothership.sg/2018/09/will-writing-services-singapore/

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
many thanks for all replies.......................i think the Josephus Tan one is very good at $99....................OCBC got free will even but online ............

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the state court building, think at level 1, there is a Pro Bono Lawyer office. You can also get info from them about Pro Bono Lawyer service in other parts of singapore.

Don't think Pro Bono Lawyer will help to draft will though. Because they provide general legal advice with limited time and content.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I recommend PAP comrade Josephus Tan. You know he is a dedicated and honest lawyer because he is a PAP cadre.

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
the old woman nominated liao...........but wanna change nominees..........so if change also no need lawyer ?...........

To what I understand, changes to CPF nominations can only do at CPF branch offices.

So no need lawyer, unless CPF officer suspect "old woman" mental capacity is not there, in which case you would not only need a lawyer, you also need a psychiatrist and also an interpreter (if old woman don't understand any of our four national languages). Hope this helps.