• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any former or active police officers in this forum?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
No no no. I think it is easier for him to understand if you tell him he is school security, not road security. School compound only, you no jaga the road also. If the punks dare cycle past school gate in, then you tell them to dismount and get off the pavement. Are we good?

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a Security Guard, you write fantastically well. Much better than many graduates. You convey your thoughts clearer than most Diploma holders.
I salute you

May I presume you are a retiree and a former manager of sorts? You could even be from an Elite school.

I am not surprised. I know of an ex-Rafflesian prefect who on retirement, became a caretaker for a club/clan association. Sympathetic friends later gave him a decent job as a clerk ......

No, not a retiree and I have never been in a managerial position before.

Just well-traveled and well-read. :smile:

If I have to describe myself, I would say I am a writer. A writer who's waiting to get recognized and published. But right now, most people just see me as a security guard.

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, I had a talk with the ex-CISCO officer today.

And we reached an understanding.

He told me that a dismounted cyclist coming in against the flow of traffic has the right to walk on the pedestrian walkway. Okay. One problem solved.

By the way, the colleague who told me to force dismounted cyclists onto the road was another colleague. Not the ex-CISCO guy.

Okay, with that misunderstanding out of the way, let us get back to the conversation with the ex-CISCO.

While he agreed with me that dismounted cyclists coming in from the opposite direction (against the flow of traffic) have the right to use the pedestrian walkway, he told me that dismounted cyclists going with the flow of traffic have to be made to cross over to the opposite side of the road via the pedestrian traffic light crossing.

Because we have to prevent congestion on the walkway, he said. Apparently, a crowded walkway makes the Operations Manager unhappy.

Okay, at least I don't have to force pedestrians to walk along the road with speeding cars and trucks. I think I can live with those instructions.

But the other colleague, the one who's not ex-CISCO, will continue to force dismounted cyclists onto the road no matter which direction they are coming from. I sincerely hope a tragic accident will not happen.