• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Current Or Former Police Officers Here?

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. What's the history behind Tuapehkong? :biggrin:
Basically I'm the ancient highest paid PM. Paid multimillions but in terms of respect and sit there cho boh lan. People hope for changes after praying to me but in fact nothing changed. In short, I'm the ancient PAP. Long live PAP, huat ahhhhhhh

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, if you are a former police officer or currently serving as one, I would like to ask you some questions for an article I am writing. I hope I don't offend any of you with my questions, but I need to get some facts right before I publish my article.

In case I get sued.

#1. Is it true that full-time police officers have to work 72 hours per week like security guards?

#2. Is it true that police officers have to face disciplinary action such as a fine and jail sentence if they were caught sleeping on the job or using vulgar language while in uniform?

#3. Is it true that police officers enjoy no workers' compensation? As in, if they were injured in the line of duty, they have to pay for their hospital bills out of their own pockets?

1. Not true.

2. 1st time caught sleeping is fine and warning. 2nd time straight dismissal.

3. Service Injury is covered.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had a friend who was a former police officer and he was stationed in Yishun NPC no less. He said the things that happen everyday are:

1) Respond and settle family dispute.. (son/daughter scold/push/beat parents/granparents, siblings fighting)
2) Respond to neighbour disputes ( too loud TV/Radio, walking, cooking curry, bbq at corridor, 6pm sharp call to complain renov, carpark issues, littering issues)
3) Respond to cats stuck on corridor ledges, mscp, cat scratch cars/bikes
4) Illegal moneylending
5) Respond to ppl complaining about "siao lang".... because yishun "Siao lang Ji tua tu"

He gets the occasional dead body in house visits whereby they have to help clear decomposed bodies... very interesting career if you ask me.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Not true.

2. 1st time caught sleeping is fine and warning. 2nd time straight dismissal.

3. Service Injury is covered.
KNN for 1 have shift and office hour. shift is 12 hours 2 day work 2 day off type KNN for 2 think the fine is only for shift worker KNN it is ridiculous to jail a worker for sleeping on job KNN just fine and terminate is fair KNN unless that sleep has caused serious incidents and charged for negligent KNN anyway which proper human would want to join a uniform group and have themselves signed a 卖身凯 KNN

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie poodles enjoy the good life until foreigners gun ho (no pun intended) get drunk and beat them up, and they have to call for backup (scdf ambulance 1st choice of course) of at least 6.9 poodles, yet still get overpowered. in nyc, cops have to fend off gangs of thugs singlehandedly with a baton.