• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Any changes to medication subsidies?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle noticed medication pricing in gov hospital up by approx 20% from this month.
Is there changes to subsidy rate for sinkies?
@SOS for your comments. Thank you !

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle noticed medication pricing in gov hospital up by approx 20% from this month.
Is there changes to subsidy rate for sinkies?
@SOS for your comments. Thank you !

I heard they did something (reduced?) to the subsidies for cancer treatments and drugs, the insurance merchants adjusted their plans accordingly. :wink:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard they did something (reduced?) to the subsidies for cancer treatments and drugs, the insurance merchants adjusted their plans accordingly. :wink:
Very complicated.
Seems like also related to mean testing.
Means very recently or even this month pap redo mean testing so uncle got charged more. Also means pap think uncle earning more compared to last month ?

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple makan Yr money ,lol, heard many foreigners ,pr, run road ,cannot pay after treatment ,so lan lan must jack up ,lol

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mean testing and % of subsidy was already announced sometime back in 2022.
But why now suddenly difference in pricing when compared with last month ?
The only reason to explain is that this month is the iras tax closing month which means pap redo sinkie mean testing.
Uncle puzzle revealed.
No choice just pay up lan lan.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different hospitals got different calculations on co-payment (% allowed paid by your medisave account and % allowed paid by cash).

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very complicated.
Seems like also related to mean testing.
Means very recently or even this month pap redo mean testing so uncle got charged more. Also means pap think uncle earning more compared to last month ?
Sometimes finance professionals also don't know.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not familiar with subsidies. Are you retired? If retired rich, but no longer working like brother @zhihau , can apply for CHAS Blue.
Uncle still need to work and realised it suck thumb to be in the next scale lowest range I.e $2001 per household capita :inlove::mad: just earning that $1 more makes uncle paying more now wtf ?
20230620_165253.jpg

20230620_165123.jpg

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of stupid government do blanket charges ? Per household capital of $2001 is paying same charges as per household capita $20k or even $200k for medication ???

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different hospitals got different calculations on co-payment (% allowed paid by your medisave account and % allowed paid by cash).
What you talking about ? :thumbsdown:
Co payment stuff is related to your insurance policies and not the hospital.
% payable by medisave is determined by pap for different types of service and procedures and not by hospital.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not familiar with subsidies. Are you retired? If retired rich, but no longer working like brother @zhihau , can apply for CHAS Blue.
Not working have to quickly apply for everything eg chas, medifund etc Even you have millions of $ in your bank .

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not working have to quickly apply for everything eg chas, medifund etc Even you have millions of $ in your bank .
Yes, during my poly days, classmates with rich older (retired parents) declared NIL or low household income to get study grants and bursaries. SOS got to teach tuition and these people get the payouts and buy the latest motorola startac and nokia every year.

But I still recommend you work a bit when retired.
The payout for workfare bonus scheme is quite attractive if you can bring home $500-$2499 for 12 or more consecutive months.

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/growing-your-savings/government-support/workfare-income-supplement
https://supportgowhere.life.gov.sg/schemes/SILVERSUPPORT/silver-support-ss-scheme

Last edited: