• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any bro can recommend Short Term Hotel/Place to Stay?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Made a reservation for mt emily @ 21 days for S$2100

Singapore has sure become more expensive!

Wow, thats expensive :eek: Think you can get a better deal at Hotel 81 but at Mt Emily you will have the prataman as a neighbour :smile:

Too bad you don't have any relatives who can put you up. 21 days in Spore is kinda long., hope you don't regret your decision :biggrin:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Visiting Sinkee next month 1st time in 3 yrs need a reasonable place to stay

1-2 Months.

Any recommendation?

thanks.

My recommendations:

1. Fern Loft Hostel
693A, East Coast Road

Tel: 64499066

- 6 bed female dorm
- S$18

--------------------------------------------------------

Other choice hostels:

2. The BetelBox Backpacker Hostel
200, Joo Chiat Road
Tel: 62477340

- Female Dorm
- S$22

-------------------------------------------------------
3. Sleepy Sam
55, Bussorah Street
Tel: 92774988

- Female Dorm
- S$25

- Private Single
- S$49

-------------------------------------------------------
4. The Hive Backpackers
269, Lavendar Street
Tel: 63415041

- Female Dorm
- S$20

- Single Room
- S$32-S$38 (Single Room)

- Double Rom
- S$42-S$55

- Attached Shower
- S$55

---------------------------------------------------------

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about the swimming pool bro, but the "Hangout" hotel/hostel is at the top of the hill on the rightside...lots of development going on around there now. Great view on the rooftop, had drinks there once:smile:

Is this the old Mt Emily swimmy pool :confused:

Been decades since I swam there, is the swimming pool still around?

telstrablues

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that for a single room with attached bathroom or for the backpacker's dorm? Also inclusive of daily b/f?

Thats for a room with bathroom, and again thank you for your input, would never have found this place online. Seems to be the best deal I can find, outside of Hotel 81 and such. Last time I was there these places were strictly hourly, seems they have gone upmarket.

Its too bad I am in my 40s and only relative I can stay with just had a baby, so difficult.

I have not looked at hotel rates since I left and I was shocked!:eek:

Is Singapore in a Recession? The Service Apartments all seem to run 3-12,000 per month, which is crazy, and even decent old hotels all seem to be 200 a night, too much if i want to stay for more than a month = 6000 a month

Even visiting your own country is becoming very expensive

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, the problem is that the hotel rates in singapore went up quite substantially over the last 2 years just before the financial crisis kicked in and recession hit. I think hotels here wanted to push rates in line with HK before the bad patch hit, because of high demand and limited hotels.

The rates have dropped abit since but still appear quite high although I suspect they may come down further as this bad patch draws on.

I don't think you can compare H81 and Hangout, 2 different products. I would think the cleanliness, comfort, convenience and cosy factor falls in Hangout's favour except maybe for transport down the hill road to the main road.

Hope you have a good stay and do give Wildrocket a try when you are there.:smile:

Thats for a room with bathroom, and again thank you for your input, would never have found this place online. Seems to be the best deal I can find, outside of Hotel 81 and such. Last time I was there these places were strictly hourly, seems they have gone upmarket.

Its too bad I am in my 40s and only relative I can stay with just had a baby, so difficult.

I have not looked at hotel rates since I left and I was shocked!:eek:

Is Singapore in a Recession? The Service Apartments all seem to run 3-12,000 per month, which is crazy, and even decent old hotels all seem to be 200 a night, too much if i want to stay for more than a month = 6000 a month

Even visiting your own country is becoming very expensive

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think u can find better rates at the airport tourist hotel booking counter..
4 star hotels are available at below $100/day..