• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anwar's letter to Dr Mahathir 25/8/1998

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Honourable Dato’ Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad,

I would like to enlighten you regarding the calumnious campaign against me as a person and a politician. Considering the method by which the slander was spread and the timing of its release, I cannot but conclude that it was politically motivated. Only the two of us can clarify the muddied waters and untangle the knots.

The conspiracy to bring me down through calumny began more than a year ago with a poison-pen letter circulated so widely that it reached even the small UMNO branches. Normally, I would ignore accusations contained in unsigned circulars, but this time they were too offensive to be left unchallenged. I therefore lodged a police report on Aug 15 last year. I hoped then that the smear campaign would stop.

Imagine my consternation when I learned, a few days before the UMNO general assembly that a person by the name of Khalid Jefri had written a book which in part repeated all the poison-pen lies and that the book would be distributed by the tens of thousands at the venue of the assembly. To prevent it, I had no choice but to get a court injunction.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/anwars-letter-to-dr-mahathir-on-25-august-1998/