• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anwar DID IT! 0000HR 16.Sept.2008. Happy Birthday LKy!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar seeks emergency House session
Andrew Ong & Syed Jaymal Zahiid | Sep 18, 08 2:27pm

Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim today said he has sent a letter to Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi asking him to convene an emergency session of Parliament for an emergency motion to debate on the premier's government.
MCPX
track

"I have made a formal request to call for an emergency session in Parliament to debate a motion of no confidence against the leadership of Barisan Nasional not later than Sept 23."
34a2ddae3aa93a7f14f4aebbeb15bf9c.gif
Speaking at a press conference this afternoon, the Pakatan Rakyat supremo said that the opposition alliance wanted to debate on a motion of no confidence against Abdullah.

He wanted the Parliament to be recalled not later than next Tuesday under the section 11(3) of the parliamentary rules. (see box)
“The standing orders are quite clear. The PM has the authority to convene an emergency session. All he needs to do is inform the speaker.

“We have given the date for the emergency session. It makes no sense for an emergency session to be held next year. We expect the prime minister to respond.”

Pakatan to decide on next move
The opposition leader said that should the prime minister refuses to recall Parliament, Pakatan will have an emergency meeting to discuss its next course of action.

22a7b04b71db9d26a420eb225b1d82f8.jpg
Anwar also said that there was no reason why he should be arrested under the draconian Internal Security Act, which allows detention without trial.
“What we want is that MPs, including Teresa Kok, be given the right to attend Parliament on Tuesday,” he said, referring to the opposition MP who was detained under ISA last Friday.
“Politically, economically we are in a crisis, we can’t delay (the takeover). Even for the Pakatan (to rule), it is going to be tough under the current economic situation.”

He accused Abdullah of being in a state of denial. “If he doesn’t believe me, then go to Parliament,” he said.

"If he wants to see the details (of the list), then convey an emergency session of parliament and he will see... If he doesn't believe me, then go to Parliament," he said.
Too volatile to wait
Anwar reiterated that he has enough defectors to take power, but claimed that they had appealed to remain anonymous for the time being to avoid being harassed.

60a1ba214c1334695c0aa398b1ed0b02.jpg
Asked if the protracted delay in naming the defectors would affect his public image, Anwar said that it was unlikely the case.

"I said we have the list, and will share with the PM. Failing which we would go to Parliament. What else do you want me to do? You want me to name the list now and let them get harassed?

"You know the system, and then you tell me that we should get guards to protect them? They appealed to me: Do not announce the list until we appear together. That's what they said," he said.

He stressed that alleged defectors wanted a guarantee of their safety before being made public.

1cf0077b74d96b235e63efdd9b917ca2.jpg
Asked why he could not wait until Oct 13 when Parliament is set to reconvene, Anwar said that the political and economic situation in the country was too volatile to wait.

"How long can you wait? What are the new visions and economic plans for this period? Any responsible government should at least have a task force to deal with the economic crisis.

"They don't have any. (But) we will deal with this immediately. Tomorrow if possible," he said.

The press conference was also attended by PAS secretary-general Kamaruddin Jaaffar and DAP central executive committee member Anthony Loke.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition leader's statement in full
Sep 18, 08 4:27pm

MCPX
track

The following is Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim's press statement at a press conference held at 2.30pm today .

Today Pakatan Rakyat leaders have submitted a letter to the Prime Minister requesting him to call an emergency session of Parliament to deliberate a motion of censure against the leadership of Abdullah Ahmad Badawi no later than Tuesday, Sept 23, 2008.

This is in accordance with Order 11(3) of the Standing Orders of Parliament and warrants an immediate response given the gravity of today’s political impasse. A delay in his response would be interpreted as nothing short of a further sabotage of the democratic process and abuse of executive power.

The prime minister’s haggling on the syntax of our first letter is puerile at best. The intent of our meeting as described in that letter was clearly to discuss the future course of the nation’s leadership – though in deference to his position and in accordance with acceptable norms we remain considerate and polite in our approach.

I find the prime minister’s comment about me in his press conference yesterday to be reckless and irresponsible in light of the disastrous outcome of last Friday’s ISA raids.

He has conflated what is essentially an issue of democracy, freedom and the rule of law with national security. The use of the ISA to harass and detain duly-elected political opponents is a grave transgression of the law and its continued use would further erode confidence in the current government and exacerbate political instability.

As the incumbent prime minister actively holding office and exercising all executive powers, and as the outgoing finance minister, we hold him fully accountable for the current political turmoil and mismanagement of the nation’s economy. His accusation that I have had an adverse impact on the nation’s economy is entirely without basis.

I have met with the key fund managers in the region, representing over US$1 trillion in assets, and on multiple occasions they were unanimously in support of comprehensive reforms in Malaysia including judicial independence, a free media, a more professional police force and anti-corruption agency, investor friendly laws and assurances on the non-interference of politicians in the governance of Bank Negara.
These are policies Pakatan Rakyat has promised to implement – and initiatives that the current administration has done virtually nothing to advance since March 8.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Leader of Opposition
PKR de facto leader

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
May be the number of defectors already increased to a different level. Mr. Anwar seems to be making his move now.
:wink::wink::wink::wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my own view although Pakatan has the numbers through the defections, but it is wise consideration not to depend on them as front-line forces to push down BN. Like I pointed out earlier, most defectors are BOTH-SIDE PLAYERS who signed up with Mr. Anwar to get their own ticket to remain in future parliament because they don't want to fall together with BN. Let me explain this in Chinese according to some Sun Zi type angles.

兵家考量,变节议员皆属于:降兵、降将,或收编部队。不属于忠心可靠的部队。

所以在最重要的关键战役是不可以用来当主力前锋部队的。

所以安华只能利用他们为后盾,和预备资本而已。

如果利用这班降兵、降将去当冲锋部队,多数会面对失败。除非是变节人数不止34名,而是50-60名,那么胜算就完全不同了。因为如果数目是这样高,把握就很高。因为这样就表示在222席位里面已经控制接近150席了。这情况下用国会不信任政府动议来推翻国阵,不费吹灰之力,即使有一小部分变节者动摇,也不会影响全面的结果。

目前安华的策略正确有效,就是暂时不进行总攻击,不冲锋。继续搅弄敌人的弱点和按国阵的痛脚,让敌人不得安宁,不断的鸡飞狗跳,不断的变节。不断的继续增加自己的胜算。保持优势,让时间发挥消耗敌人的作用。 :rolleyes::wink::smile: 这样是稳胜的策略,自己不必急,让敌人去急。

These defectors although signed up with Pakatan to assure their own political futures, they may play out Pakata when Anwar want them to vote no-confidence against the BN cabinet to oust BN. Because they were freshly recruited from BN, they have too much ties and connections as well as obligations with BN. Actually BN also holds some crucial handles against these defectors, such as evidence of scandal or corruption charges.

At this moment, Abudullah is dangling ISA before all these defectors to intimidate them. The defectors are naturally not the brave lot, and you can expect the least loyalty from them.

Currently I observe that Mr Anwar is playing the right strategy to shake BN further, to further develop the advantage and break them down further as well as get more higher number of defectors. This is the right position to take at this time. :biggrin::biggrin::wink:

This is exactly what I meant: 继续搅弄敌人的弱点和按国阵的痛脚,让敌人不得安宁,不断的鸡飞狗跳,不断的变节。

Guan Eng dares BN Chinese leaders to quit
Athi Veeranggan | Sep 18, 08 5:46pm

MCA and Gerakan leaders should practice what they preach and resign from their ministerial posts to protest the Internal Security Act and its abuse by the Barisan Nasional government, said an opposition leader.

MCPX
track

5de070c7630b07535bf2e699da57e706.jpg
“Until today, I have yet to see them doing it even though at the outset they were very vocal against ISA and the recent crackdown,” said DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng.

Lim, who is also Penang chief minister, challenged the MCA and Gerakan leaders to prove their sincerity on the issue.

fe78886f348296c0c839b9afeb881158.jpg
He added that they should display the same courage shown by defacto law minister, Zaid Ibrahim, who quit his cabinet post to protest against the draconian ISA, which allows for police detention without trial.

Leaders from Chinese-based parties in the BN have voiced out their disapproval of the arrests of blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin, DAP parliamentarian Teresa Kok and journalist Tan Hoon Cheng.

While Tan has been released after an 18-hour detention, both Raja Petra and Kok are still in police custody.

Meanwhille, Zaid's resignation has been hailed by many as an act of principle, while none of MCA leaders, such as Liow Tiong Lai, Ong Tee Keat and Ong Ka Chuan, nor Gerakan leaders, such as Tan Lian Hoe and A Kohilan Pillay, have quit their government posts.

Lim said even if they did not have the guts to emulate Zaid, MCA and Gerakan leaders should at least have voiced out their strong disapproval during cabinet meetings.

An ex-ISA detainee himself, Lim also took MCA president Ong Ka Ting and Gerakan leader Koh Tsu Koon to task for opposing ISA now when it suited them
“Have anyone heard them crying foul over ISA and its abuses in cabinet and BN meetings? They talk big outside now, but talked nothing about ISA internally,” said Lim, after launching Free ‘Penang Wifi’ pilot project in Komtar, Georgetown today.

Sapp and Najib

On Sabah Progressive Party (Sapp)'s decision to pull out from BN and stand as an independent party, Lim said it had not indicated its desire to join the Pakatan Rakyat so far.

a5fdd6d251dd0ed2345b23f8db64f593.jpg
On Deputy Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak’s appointment as finance minister, swapping the defence ministry with Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, he said the Penang government would try to forge a close working tie with the new man at helm.

“Even though he may not be a Penangite, I hope he will improve on the state-federal ties,” he said, adding he would seek an early meeting with Najib to secure funds for Penang.

Under Abdullah, the federal government had scrapped a RM2 billion monorail project, the RM1.5 billion Penang Outer Ring Road and the RM1.1 billion Mengkuang Dam expansion project.

Under the Ninth Malaysia Plan, Penang was originally allocated RM6.152 billion or 3.1 percent of a RM200 billion budget. But, after the mid-term review, it was slashed to RM1.452 billion or 0.6 percent of an increased RM230 billion budget.
Lim expressed the hope that Najib would either restore both the original allocation and projects, or at least replace with cash and allow the state government to implement its own projects to benefit Penangites.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
UPDATED::wink:

Anwar seeks emergency House session

Andrew Ong & Syed Jaymal Zahiid | Sep 18, 08 2:27pm

Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim today said he has sent a letter to Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi asking him to convene an emergency session of Parliament to debate a motion of no confidence.
MCPX
track

"I have made a formal request to call for an emergency session in Parliament to deliberate a motion of censure against the leadership of Abdullah no later than Sept 23."

Speaking at a press conference this afternoon, the Pakatan Rakyat supremo wanted the Parliament to be recalled not later than next Tuesday under the section 11(3) of the parliamentary rules. (see box)
“The standing orders are quite clear. The PM has the authority to convene an emergency session. All he needs to do is inform the speaker.

“We have given the date for the emergency session. It makes no sense for an emergency session to be held next year. We expect the prime minister to respond.”

Pakatan to decide on next move if...

The opposition leader said that should the prime minister refuses to recall Parliament, Pakatan will have an emergency meeting to discuss its next course of action.

22a7b04b71db9d26a420eb225b1d82f8.jpg
Anwar also said that there was no reason why he should be arrested under the draconian Internal Security Act, which allows detention without trial.

“What we want is that MPs, including Teresa Kok, be given the right to attend Parliament on Tuesday,” he said, referring to the opposition MP who was detained under ISA last Friday.

“Politically, economically we are in a crisis, we can’t delay (the takeover). Even for the Pakatan (to rule), it is going to be tough under the current economic situation.”

He accused Abdullah of being in a state of denial.

"If he wants to see the details (of the list), then convene an emergency session of parliament and he will see...," he said.

“If he doesn’t believe me, then go to Parliament."

Too volatile to wait
Anwar reiterated that he has enough defectors to take power, but claimed that they had asked to remain anonymous for now to avoid being harassed.

60a1ba214c1334695c0aa398b1ed0b02.jpg
Asked if the protracted delay in naming the defectors would affect his public image, Anwar said that it was unlikely the case.

"I said we have the list, and will share with the PM. Failing which, we would go to Parliament. What else do you want me to do? You want me to name the list now and let them get harassed?

"You know the system, and then you tell me that we should get guards to protect them? They appealed to me: Do not announce the list until we appear together. That's what they said," he said.

He stressed that alleged defectors wanted a guarantee of their safety before being made public.

Asked why he could not wait until Oct 13 when Parliament is set to reconvene, Anwar said that the political and economic situation in the country was too volatile to wait.

"How long can you wait? What are the new visions and economic plans for this period? Any responsible government should at least have a task force to deal with the economic crisis.

"They don't have any. (But) we will deal with this immediately. Tomorrow if possible," he said.

Next stop, the Istana?
The press conference was also attended by PAS secretary-general Kamaruddin Jaaffar and DAP central executive committee member Anthony Loke.

Anwar needs the support of 30 government lawmakers to take control of the 222-seat parliament.

He stepped up the pressure on Abdullah a day after the small BN party in Sabah - which has two MPs - quit the ruling coalition, and the prime minister indicated he may step down earlier than planned.

Anwar said that if Abdullah fails to convene the emergency session, he may meet the King Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin to stake his claim to government.
"I am not discounting the possibility," he said.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope! No Parliament Session - Abdullah Badawi CHICKENED OUT!

PM rejects 'no confidence' session
Beh Lih Yi & Fauwaz Abdul Aziz | Sep 18, 08 6:15pm

Abdullah Ahmad Badawi today rejected a call by Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim for an emergency Parliament session to debate a no-confidence motion.

MCPX
track

"I don't see the need as Parliament will sit after Ramadan," the prime minister told reporters after chairing an Umno supreme council meeting in Kuala Lumpur today.

d3d0178acfaeca841f09bf4e1e7c3bc5.jpg
Supreme Council memders who were present, including Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak and party secretary-general Tengku Adnan Mansor, were heard saying "what for" in the background before the PM responded.

Parliament is set to resume sitting on Oct 13.

Earlier today, Anwar said he had sent a letter to Abdullah asking him to convene an emergency session of Parliament to debate a motion of no confidence against his leadership.

"I have made a formal request to call for an emergency session in Parliament to deliberate a motion of censure against the leadership of Abdullah not later than Sept 23," he had said.

But Abdullah said today what he had seen so far was only a press statement, adding that such a proposal should be brought up according to proper procedures such as in the form of a letter.

It appeared that he has yet to receive Anwar's letter which was sent to the Prime Minister's Office at 3pm today.

No further ISA arrests

The premier also said he did not intend to use the Internal Security Act against Anwar.

"I have no plans regarding the use of the ISA on anybody. I did not say anything (about the ISA arrest) to anybody. If a person feels he will be arrested under the ISA, maybe he is guilty, I don't know."

Abdullah has been under tremendous pressure recently from Anwar who had said that he had sufficient number of defectors from Barisan Nasional to form a government.

Yesterday the prime minister swapped cabinet portfolio with his deputy in what is seen as a response to the growing clamour for him to step down and hand over the job to his deputy.

He was asked if any more cabinet reshuffling was likely, to which he replied: "If there is, you will know it."

Abdullah also brushed aside calls made by Mubarak's - association of ex-BN MPs and state assemblypersons - for him to quit immediately.​
"It does not matter, let Mubarak say whatever, they are pensioners already," he said.

Listening to the grassroots
However, the Umno leader said that he listening to demands of the party grassroots.

"I'm keeping my ears close to the ground and paying attention to what is happening regarding the situation in the party. Whatever decision I make on this, I will discuss with Najib and I will bring it to the attention of the supreme council."

On him defending his presidency in December, the premier replied: "I have already talked about this yesterday. But the (divisions) meetings have not started yet so if there is anything else that I need to do, it's up to me and I will speak to Najib."

The three-hour supreme council meeting did not discuss the move by former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad seeking to rejoin Umno, because the PM said "it was not brought up".

Mahathir left the party in May, saying that he would not return to the party which he had led for 22 years until Abdullah has stepped down as Umno president.

Also the council decided to take action against four party members - one from Beluran and the rest from Beaufort in Sabah - for campaigning for the opposition in March 8 polls. The president said appropriate action will be taken.

On the possible Pensiangan by-election in Sabah, Abdullah said the supreme council today discussed the preparation but no candidate has been identified yet since the BN will appeal against the court decision.

Muhyiddin to remain vocal
49030566a9132966a2e64a471fe930db.jpg
Meanwhile, party vice-president Muhyiddin Yassin said he would continue to highlight issues raised by the grassroots.

In recent weeks, he has been a vocal critic of Abdullah and had asked him to hasten his departure from the top post.

“The supreme council had noted my concerns and I will continue to voice the concerns from the grassroots in the future,” he told reporters.

“Supreme council members who keep quiet during the meeting are considered to be agreeable to the general consensus of the council,” he added.

Several Umno leaders had called for Muhyiddin to be censured for speaking openly against Abdullah.

However, it is learnt that the council decided not to take any action against him.
Watch 7-min video of PM's press conference

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM under new pressure to quit
Sep 21, 08 11:56am

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi is under increasing pressure to quit, after being confronted by rare criticism from within his cabinet, as well as an opposition bid to seize power.

MCPX
track

So far Abdullah has clung tenaciously to the job, and refused to negotiate with Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim, who has announced he has enough support from defecting lawmakers to topple the government.

But last week Abdullah faced an unprecedented challenge from within his cabinet, as four ministers spoke out against him at the Umno supreme council meeting.

15189ddafeadf555c26233ef7541491e.gif
They told Abdullah at a meeting of the party's supreme council that "the political situation was not improving and that he should consider an earlier exit".

Umno information chief Muhammad Muhammad Taib confirmed the challenge took place and said Abdullah was saddened and visibly affected by it, but insisted he could ride out the crisis.

"The four of them spoke and said this to the prime minister... but it was not the majority speaking. There are more than 30 supreme council members and not all are in unison, asking the PM to resign," Muhammad told AFP.

"He listened. It was not the first time for him. He has his own intelligence report well prepared on what the feeling is at the grassroots level," he said.
Abdullah in July unveiled a plan to hand over to his deputy Najib Razak in mid-2010, but the strategy failed to quell calls for his ouster, and last week he indicated the timing was "flexible" and that he could depart earlier.

He handed over the important Finance Ministry post to Najib in a show of solidarity, but was hit with the challenge from his ministers just a day later.

Pak Lah's position 'untenable'
An Umno official from Abdullah's home state of Penang said the premier's position was now untenable and he would have to quit before the party holds leadership elections in December.

"Abdullah does not have any choice left. He has to go by year-end," said the senior official on condition of anonymity.

"Abdullah is now being viewed as a leader who has lost control of the party and government.

"He cannot make any drastic moves to reel in party leaders who have openly gone against him by questioning the power transition agreement," he said.

b7d22f9a5ab4d6f30e9bf3237a8d3ed7.jpg
Najib is widely tipped to replace Abdullah, with his new deputy likely to be Trade Minister Muhyiddin Yassin, who has been one of the premier's most outspoken critics.

Muhyiddin was one of the ministers who reportedly challenged Abdullah at last week's meeting, along with Umno's youth wing chief Hishammuddin Hussein, women's wing chief Rafidah Aziz and Culture Minister Shafie Apdal.

He is now a 'lame duck' PM
The meeting took place after a series of blows, including a furore within the 14-party Barisan Nasional over the arrests of an opposition MP, a blogger and a journalist under draconian internal security laws.

Cabinet minister Zaid Ibrahim, who had been appointed to direct a shake-up of the judiciary, quit in disgust after the arrests, saying he had met a "brick wall" in the ruling party which had blocked any reforms.

And last week a small party from Sabah quit the coalition, saying the government had "lost its moral authority to rule".

Lim Kit Siang, a veteran figure in the three-member opposition alliance, called on Abdullah to agree to Anwar's call for an emergency session of parliament to hold a no-confidence vote in his leadership.

He said that after an historic 2004 election victory when voters endorsed his reform agenda, Abdullah had become a "lame duck" both as premier and leader of his party.

"Could it be that Abdullah is not absolutely certain and confident that he could command the support of a majority of 222 MPs in parliament if a no-confidence motion is put to a vote?" he said.

Related report
PM told to quit by Oct 9

目前安华的策略正确有效,就是暂时不进行总攻击,不冲锋。继续搅弄敌人的弱点和按国阵的痛脚,让敌人不得安 宁,不断的鸡飞狗跳,不断的变节。不断的继续增加自己的胜算。保持优势,让时间发挥消耗敌人的 作用。 :rolleyes::wink::smile: 这样是稳胜的策略,自己不必急,让敌人去急。

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I stopped PM from ordering Yong's arrest'
Tony Thien | Sep 22, 08 12:36pm

The war of attrition continues over the sudden withdrawal of Sabah Progressive Party (Sapp) from Barisan Nasional on last week as a “shocking revelation” came to light.
MCPX
track

Its disgruntled ex-deputy president Raymond Tan Shu Kiah claimed on Saturday that he had been instrumental in preventing the arrest of party president Yong Teck Lee in June in relation to allegations of corruption.

082cec9c04eb50e008ba358e69ff988f.gif
An English-language daily in Sabah quoted Tan as saying that Abdullah Ahmad Badawi had wanted Yong arrested by the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA). This was after Yong spearheaded a no-confidence vote against Abdullah’s leadership.

In defending himself against claims of ingratitude by failing to support the Sapp pullout, Tan revealed that he had intervened on Yong’s behalf in June.

He said he had pleaded with Abdullah not to arrest Yong as it would be a bad move, and had even gone on television with a plea to allow the latter to speak up.

c803fd345c62ebac8d3b834219a71c1b.jpg
Tan, who has since quit the party, claimed he had always been protective of Yong and that this has not changed in spite of their differences of opinion over the Sapp pullout.

In an immediate response, Sapp newly-appointed information chief Chong Pit Fah described this as a “a shocking revelation [...] that he can influence the prime minister to stop ACA action”.

6c83bdaeb798574cfbd88428cc6f5aec.jpg
“This is an admission by a BN deputy chief minister that the prime minister can interfere with ACA work,” Chong said in a statement issued yesterday.

He also wanted to know if the same influence could be used on other persons such as serving ministers, or similarly abused.

Chong explained that the Sapp boss had volunteered in June to give a statement to the ACA but that the agency had not contacted him.

Yong could not be reached for comment as he abroad.

Sabah CM: Tan to stay in cabinet

Tan met with Sabah Chief Minister Musa Aman this morning to discuss his position in the state cabinet since he is no longer in BN. He is required to resign his posts, but has been reported to be reluctant to do so.

After the meeting, Musa announced that Tan will remain as his deputy in the state cabinet.

Sapp, meanwhile, has cast doubt over the actual number of its Tanjung Papat division members who were said to have resigned on Saturday, in support of Tan. The figure was put at 2,000 members.

90157bbc74cffca370ec4b3f7046c130.jpg
Tan (right) is the elected representative for the Tanjung Papat state seat.

Assistant secretary-general Foo Fook Ming said the central committee has yet to receive resignation letters from the members and leaders concerned.

He said only Youth chief and Elopura state assemblyperson Au Kam Wah and supreme council member Jimmy Wong have submitted their resignation letters to date.

Foo also pointed out that there are only 1,791 registered members in the Tanjung Papat division.

<!-- video begin --><!-- video end -->“So, I wonder where the extra members have come from - are they phantom members?’ he asked rhetorically.

<hr>
The trend maintained that BN is still falling quickly apart. Already ISA is proven unable to save BN regime, this would be the same for famiLEE LEEGime, further martial law will be proven useless. Abudullah refuse to hand over peacefully, but in the end he will become so weakened in this struggle,
and just drop-dead from a very gentle push.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
tomorrow is 23rd September 2008,the second dateline for the opposition and Anwar who said that he has the numbers and can form the next government.
so any news coming over from our neighbour ?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pakatan says in handover talks with gov't
Sep 23, 08 12:06pm

The Pakatan Rakyat opposition said it has begun negotiations with the ruling coalition over a transition of power, after it claimed to have signed up enough defectors to topple the government.
MCPX
track

e1e0743f6d36e373e3b7b39719e88249.jpg
Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has refused to meet with Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim but officials said contacts are being made through intermediaries.
"There is initial contact between our middleperson and Abdullah's middleperson," said Tian Chua, information chief of Anwar's PKR.
"Our intention in holding them is for a transition of power to the opposition but I cannot speak for the other side," he told AFP.
"So far it looks good and we will wait to see what happens."
Meetings had been held
Tian Chua said contact was made initially on the weekend and that more than one meeting had taken place.
Anwar said earlier this month that he had the support of more than 31 lawmakers from the ruling coalition but refused to release the list of names until Abdullah agreed to a meeting.

He has asked Abdullah to reconvene Parliament - which is currently not in session - to debate a motion of no confidence against him. The opposition leader has given today, Sept 23, as deadline for the prime minister to respond.
The premier however refused to recall Parliament and dismissed Anwar's claims as bluff.
Abdullah has thus far shown no sign of stepping down even as he faces another challenge from cabinet ministers who have called on him to quit before his scheduled departure in 2010.
Abdullah has been fighting for his political life since a March general election handed the opposition unprecedented gains and plunged the coalition into disarray.
Ruling party insiders say he is now under intense pressure to quit by the end of the year.
- AFP

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
second dateline 23rd September 2008 by the opposition for Badawi and BN to handover the baton had passed,no news and actions.
look like Anwar and the Oppsition is another NATO.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
where are all the champion of Anwar ???
2 datelines had passed and still no action from him.
now the opposition does not dare to set any dateline.

A

Alu862

Yap lives in a dream that Anwar is a saviour. He has not promoted any policies yet except human rights--which his dear friends in PAS do not support!

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://malaysiakini.com/news/89776

Anwar urges supporters to have faith
Sep 15, 08 10:32pm

Sammyboy.Com Thread

I'm NOT malaysia government fan, but one thing i can be very sure that Anwar dream to be Malaysia PM will remain just a dream.

To be Malaysian PM, all states Royal King (I think total 14 of them ) concern and approval is required.

In my view, Anwar will be more dangerous if he becomes the next PM. From the past records, Anwar never likes Singapore (LKY) foreign trade engagement. If he (Anwar) become the next PM, Singapore and Malaysia political relationship will become unhealthy.

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the past records, Anwar never likes Singapore (LKY) foreign trade engagement. If he (Anwar) become the next PM, Singapore and Malaysia political relationship will become unhealthy.

If Anwar became M'sian PM and do away with giving govt contracts to bumiputras, then it will help to pave the way for M'sia to have FTA with the US.

I thought Anwar also supports free trade, sama sama as S'pore?

A

Alu862

If Anwar became M'sian PM and do away with giving govt contracts to bumiputras, then it will help to pave the way for M'sia to have FTA with the US.

I thought Anwar also supports free trade, sama sama as S'pore?

You hope. He wanted western intervention during the AFC but that was seen to be the wrong answer.