• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Anti-Vaxxers, u ain't gonna win. Better to wake-up plan ahead than living in denial .... Esp Sinkies.

Not for me to decide.

Medical authority says so.

It is all part of the medical profession has to be righteous compassionate non discriminatory etc.

Basically we follow Jesus.

But you know that is not true. The rich still get the best treatment while the poor get the basic package.

I'd prefer that the basic package be scaled down to the bare minimum... ie generic drugs and surgery. Eg if a useless fuck loses a thumb just stitch up the wound and administer antibiotics to stop infection. A consult a week or so later to ensure everything is healing and the wound is not infected and that is it.

Microsurgery to re attach body parts should be reserved for people who actually contribute to society.

But you know that is not true. The rich still get the best treatment while the poor get the basic package.

I'd prefer that the basic package be scaled down to the bare minimum... ie generic drugs and surgery. Eg if a useless fuck loses a thumb just stitch up the wound and administer antibiotics to stop infection. A consult a week or so later to ensure everything is healing and the wound is not infected and that is it.

Microsurgery to re attach body parts should be reserved for people who actually contribute to society.
Not in Canada.

And I mean it. Cos if a doctor is found favoring rich they will kena

Not in Canada.

And I mean it. Cos if a doctor is found favoring rich they will kena

My point exactly. The medical profession should not have to operate like social service it should be a business and follow the laws of supply and demand just like most business.

dredd

How do you judge if someone has contributed to society and on who's standards? A bum may be down and out now but it doesn't mean he hasn't contributed in anyway in the past.

My point exactly. The medical profession should not have to operate like social service it should be a business and follow the laws of supply and demand just like most business.
I think old days best.

Days when only rich nobles were doctors an healers

Do for free.

But get to choose who they want to help.

How do you judge if someone has contributed to society and on who's standards? A bum may be down and out now but it doesn't mean he hasn't contributed in anyway in the past.

The past is the past. If they have been productive they should have sufficient capital to PAY for fancy surgery if necessary.

dredd

The past is the past. If they have been productive they should have sufficient capital to PAY for fancy surgery if necessary.
Being productive does not necessarily mean in terms of only money lah. I know many kind souls who do things for the benefit of society n not to enrich themselves. It would be a different world if everyone things only of enriching themselves.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Being rich is the by product of doing something with a passion. No billionaire has ever first thought of earning billions in dollars when they started out. They all 100% started out with a vision that became an empire. The money will naturally flow in if you are good at what you do. This is something I know first hand and I am right 100%.

Being productive does not necessarily mean in terms of only money lah. I know many kind souls who do things for the benefit of society n not to enrich themselves. It would be a different world if everyone things only of enriching themselves.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Being rich is the by product of doing something with a passion. No billionaire has ever first thought of earning billions in dollars when they started out. They all 100% started out with a vision that became an empire. The money will naturally flow in if you are good at what you do. This is something I know first hand and I am right 100%.
Indeed.

Need passion

No system is perfect but in the free market system $ is the means of exchanging something of value be it physical or otherwise. It is the method used to distribute scarce resources that works well.

So those who want their fingers or thumbs reattached should pay for the service.

dredd

No system is perfect but in the free market system $ is the means of exchanging something of value be it physical or otherwise. It is the method used to distribute scarce resources that works well.

So those who want their fingers or thumbs reattached should pay for the service.
Healthcare is a basic human right, not a priviledge.

dredd

Article 25. (1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control. - United Nations Declaration of Human Rights

So....this right thing....

What price should it be set at?

Tricky right?

I say make it all free.

dredd

I think old days best.

Days when only rich nobles were doctors an healers

Do for free.

But get to choose who they want to help.
Something for you to relive and think about: :biggrin:

1630211370773.png

dredd

So....this right thing....

What price should it be set at?

Tricky right?

I say make it all free.
Nothing is free and no one expects healthcare to be free either. So you should take time out and look in the mirror and be true to yourself. Did you choose this life because of the passion or because of the money. If it's the latter and you think you're getting the short end of the stick, then get out and start another more "lucrative" career.

I ask myself the same question every now and then. I a happy with what I do. :biggrin:

Nothing is free and no one expects healthcare to be free either. So you should take time out and look in the mirror and be true to yourself. Did you choose this life because of the passion or because of the money. If it's the latter and you think you're getting the short end of the stick, then get out and start another more "lucrative" career.

I ask myself the same question every now and then. I a happy with what I do. :biggrin:
I have passion. But not the way the regulatory body wants me to practice.

dredd

Medical colleges and councils have their own rules and standards.

That one is what i need to follow.

To be honest in canada they never ask us to say this hippocratic oath. Jusr follow college SOPs.
The hippocratic oath is written about 2500 years ago. Whether it is relevant today or not, it's up to interpretation. However, it is still used as a "moral compass" for today's medical profession.