• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another White Elephant- The Flyer.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was there not a recent 154th report saying that the White Elephant is doing a roaring biz? Who is LYING through his teeth?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or I've been wrong that the spinning is so slow that it cannot be seen with naked eyes?

Assuming a 30-minute ride, it would be about 12 degrees every minute, which means 1 degree every 5 seconds; I don't think the rotation will be visible from far.

I think the Flyer does alot of good for our boring landscape, too bad the Esplanade, LV Sands and The Sail all look like shit.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, that is what happen when there is a must for a decision to be made by only one very old man, and the ang mor still not informed that the wheel need to rotate the other way for feng shui and spend huge money on it.

The moral of the lesson: If you are 3rd world, dun pretend to be a 1st world.

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does one promote a lame duck? Maybe put it in a GRC? Oh wait that works only for politics! :biggrin:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all honesty, no one frequents the shops that are at the Singapore Flyer - no one local at least - because they look like real tourist traps. The only place I would go is probably Popeyes for the chicken.
as in any tourist spot, things there are overprice catering to foreigners...