• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Guy screwed by Women's Charter!

DivorcedMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met up with a friend over the weekend and he is desperate for help.

He found out his wife was having an affair with 3 different men and filed for a divorce after confirming it with PI report. He ended up losing both his kids and having to pay the ex-wife 7 years of month maintenance in a lump sum. He was forced to move out of the flat and had been renting a room for 3 years. He couln't buy a flat because the flat not sold yet and the proceeding is very slow as the wife is fighting for everything he has with a whole lot of other allegations.

He paid for over 70% of the flat with his CPF while his ex-wife paid 25%. 5% still outstanding. A few months ago, the judgement was out and he was granted 60% of the house and the ex-wife 40% but the catch is the money is divided from the flat sale price and not after the money was returned to the CPF (meaning not 60/40 of profit but 60/40 of the whole sales!). In the end, after selling the house and deducting his lawyer fee, he is still in debt of 20K while his ex-wife made more than 100K in profit.

Tell me where is the logic in this? This has been proven as I saw the court order.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.marriagecentral.sg/

logo.gif

Marriage: because the govt has your best interests at heart. :rolleyes:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should take the law into his own hands. Leegime should be afraid of vengeance he can bestow on members and facilities of the Leegime. He has nothing to lose.
This year is cul-de-sac year for Leegime and the old man.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marriage is a good thing.. its just the people involve that make it bad.

Modern marriage is a bad thing. It's nothing more than a contractual business deal with the rules rigged against men.

Marriage has nothing to do with love, it is not a sacred institution, neither is it a building block of society.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He found out his wife was having an affair with 3 different men and filed for a divorce after confirming it with PI report. He ended up losing both his kids and having to pay the ex-wife 7 years of month maintenance in a lump sum. He was forced to move out of the flat and had been renting a room for 3 years. He couln't buy a flat because the flat not sold yet and the proceeding is very slow as the wife is fighting for everything he has with a whole lot of other allegations.

He paid for over 70% of the flat with his CPF while his ex-wife paid 25%. 5% still outstanding. A few months ago, the judgement was out and he was granted 60% of the house and the ex-wife 40% but the catch is the money is divided from the flat sale price and not after the money was returned to the CPF (meaning not 60/40 of profit but 60/40 of the whole sales!). In the end, after selling the house and deducting his lawyer fee, he is still in debt of 20K while his ex-wife made more than 100K in profit.

Tell me where is the logic in this? This has been proven as I saw the court order.

first... he married a sinkie woman under the sinkie law.

second and the stupid one.. he buy a sinkie HDB flat and work hard and pay for its mortgage while not owning it..

Third and the final one, he do all these shits in sinkieland.............. shake head

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Marriage is a good thing.. its just the people involve that make it bad.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. come on, get real leh.
3. it is just like some transaction.
4. when things get wrong, each party goes separate ways hoh:biggrin:
5. one party creampie the other while the other is laid:p

SuperMod

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He can Use another bigger tattoo to cover his ex wife name . By the way since he hired PI why must be still pay his ex wife ?? What fuck up court is that ?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Did your friend tell you the full story?

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, this Women's Charter is a real monster.

For example, Section 69 (4) of the Charter says:

The court, when ordering maintenance for a wife or child under this section, shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case including the following matters:

(a) the financial needs of the wife or child;

(b) the income, earning capacity (if any), property and other financial resources of the wife or child;

(c) any physical or mental disability of the wife or child;

(d) the age of each party to the marriage and the duration of the marriage;

(e) the contributions made by each of the parties to the marriage to the welfare of the family, including any contribution made by looking after the home or caring for the family;

(f) the standard of living enjoyed by the wife or child before the husband or parent, as the case may be, neglected or refused to provide reasonable maintenance for the wife or child;

(g) in the case of a child, the manner in which he was being, and in which the parties to the marriage expected him to be, educated or trained; and

(h) the conduct of each of the parties to the marriage, if the conduct is such that it would in the opinion of the court be inequitable to disregard it.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...tleResults.w3p;letter=W;type=actsAll#pr69-he-.

If the facts are as the TS said - wife was super-adulterous and that was the cause of the divorce - me thinks the judge gave insufficient weight to factor (h): the conduct of each of the parties to the marriage.

Factor (b) is the most useful from a guy's point of view. Implies, if you have to marry, please, prease find a rich and high earning wife. Then she won't be able to ask you for maintenance. However, the husband will still not be able to sue the wife for maintenance. This is not the case in many US states. For instance, in New York, a husband can sue his wife for maintenance. Not possible in Sinkieland. On the other hand, rich and high earning wives tend to be the "She who must be Obeyed" types. Oops, I better shaddup, before my own "She who must be Obeyed" whips me into obedience. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DivorcedMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
With such judgement, I wonder how the kids will feel when they see their father has no place to stay? Furthermore, one of the kids hate the mother and is living with the father. The mother do not even visit the kid because he had seen the mother's behaviour with the boyfriends and is reacting badly towards her.

Hello, this Women's Charter is a real monster.

For example, Section 69 (4) of the Charter says:

The court, when ordering maintenance for a wife or child under this section, shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case including the following matters:

(a) the financial needs of the wife or child;

(b) the income, earning capacity (if any), property and other financial resources of the wife or child;

(c) any physical or mental disability of the wife or child;

(d) the age of each party to the marriage and the duration of the marriage;

(e) the contributions made by each of the parties to the marriage to the welfare of the family, including any contribution made by looking after the home or caring for the family;

(f) the standard of living enjoyed by the wife or child before the husband or parent, as the case may be, neglected or refused to provide reasonable maintenance for the wife or child;

(g) in the case of a child, the manner in which he was being, and in which the parties to the marriage expected him to be, educated or trained; and

(h) the conduct of each of the parties to the marriage, if the conduct is such that it would in the opinion of the court be inequitable to disregard it.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...tleResults.w3p;letter=W;type=actsAll#pr69-he-.

If the facts are as the TS said - wife was super-adulterous and that was the cause of the divorce - me thinks the judge gave insufficient weight to factor (h): the conduct of each of the parties to the marriage.

Factor (b) is the most useful from a guy's point of view. Implies, if you have to marry, please, prease find a rich and high earning wife. Then she won't be able to ask you for maintenance. However, the husband will still not be able to sue the wife for maintenance. This is not the case in many US states. For instance, in New York, a husband can sue his wife for maintenance. Not possible in Sinkieland. On the other hand, rich and high earning wives tend to be the "She who must be Obeyed" types. Oops, I better shaddup, before my own "She who must be Obeyed" whips me into obedience. :rolleyes:

Last edited: