• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another cancer miracle drug. Again not for stomach cancer.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_7378.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A woman has been given the all-clear from cancer after being treated with a drug described as a "miracle".
Carrie Downey's stage three bowel cancer disappeared within six months of taking dostarlimab.
She is one of a small number of people globally to be given the drug for bowel cancer.
While the drug is still being clinically trialled, early data has so far shown a 100% success rate against a specific variant of the disease.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Around 42,000 people are diagnosed with bowel cancer in the UK every year.
Early trials have shown the drug to be effective in treating 3% to 5% of bowel cancers which have a particular gene mutation.
Wales and Italy are the only countries so far to have approved dostarlimab as a standard offer for the disease.
While investigating pains from a previous hernia mesh implant, doctors discovered Carrie, from Port Talbot, had bowel cancer.
An operation to remove the tumour would have left 42-year-old Carrie needing a permanent stoma.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

What does dostarlimab do?​

After a referral to Dr Craig Barrington, a consultant oncologist at Singleton Hospital in Swansea, she was offered dostarlimab instead - which works by helping the immune system to destroy the cancer.
Carrie said: "[Dr Barrington] said something along the lines of: 'What would you do if I said we could get the same result, no evidence of cancer, without having a permanent stoma and major surgery?'
"He had checked my biopsies and knew I had this rare mutation... He asked if I would like to go ahead with it."
Carrie was given dostarlimab infusions for six months. Subsequent tests showed there was no longer any evidence of her having the disease.
"I'm just so thankful to Dr Barrington and his team that I got the chance and that he had looked into the mutation and looking at these new therapies," she said.
"He has given me my life back. I will be forever grateful to him."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
All 36 patients in the United States who took part in an early phase trial which used dostarlimab to treat their bowel cancer had no detectable cancer after treatment.
So far in Wales, fewer than 10 bowel cancer patients have received the treatment - which is administered every three weeks for six months.
Those who have finished their course of treatment have seen the cancer disappear and all have reported the side effects of the drug to be minimal or non-existent.

'Unheard of in oncological care'​

Dr Barrington said: "I've been blown away by the results. I accept the numbers are small so far and it's early phase data but to get 100% complete response in a drug which is well tolerated and works incredibly quickly is unheard of in oncological care.
"Patients report even after their first treatment their symptoms have disappeared. It's just remarkable."

Dostarlimab can be offered to patients who have stage two or stage three cancer.
It is already routinely used to treat endometrial cancer, which has the same gene mutation found in colorectal cancer.
Dr Barrington added: "To have it as an option for patients as a standard of care is really exciting. I think it completely revolutionises the way we approach colorectal cancer.
"These patients would have typically had surgery in the past. A small number of patients are now not needing surgery so that's space for someone else to move up the list."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow it’s really miracle drug and this is the way cancer should be treated instead of drastic surgery or chemo or food and juice and fasting crap.
Ya don’t people know stomach cancer at the end you can’t eat and that’s automatic fasting but zero use still died! Other cancer can eat is it?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow it’s really miracle drug and this is the way cancer should be treated instead of drastic surgery or chemo or food and juice and fasting crap.
And the food fruits way to treat cancer is also nothing but chores from preparing to eating all are just chores. Not everyone live to eat eat eat!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Study Overview​

Brief Summary
This phase II study will evaluate dostarlimab with a watch-and-wait approach for patients with localized mismatch repair deficiency (dMMR)/microsatellite instability (MSI) gastric or oeso-gastric junction adenocarcinoma.
The goal of the study is to determine whether the surgery could be avoided in patients with localized dMMR/MSI-H gastric/OGJ adenocarcinoma with complete response at endoscopy and biopsies free of tumoral cells after treatment with dostarlimab, with a watch-and-wait approaches.
Show less
Detailed Description
In patients with localized, resectable gastric or oeso-gastric junction (OGJ) adenocarcinoma radical surgery is the only curative option. Despite the evolution in treatment with multimodality strategies, gastric or OGJ adenocarcinoma remains one of the most lethal malignancies. When the disease is localized, perioperative chemotherapy with cytotoxic agents is the preferred strategy.
The morbidity rate associated with oesophagogastrectomy/gastrectomy and their negative impact on patients' quality of life and considering the high efficacy of ICIs in patients with localized tumor, one might wonder whether the surgery could be avoided in patients with localized dMMR/MSI-H gastric/OGJ adenocarcinoma
The purpose of this national, multicenter, open-label phase II study is to look at the effects of the immunotherapy drug dostarlimab with a watch-and-wait approach in patients with localized dMMR/MSI gastric or oeso-gastric junction adenocarcinoma and to determine whether patients with complete response at endoscopy and biopsies free of tumoral cells after treatment with dostarlimab, with a watch-and-wait approach can circumvent surgical resection.
The primary objective of the study is the rate of complete clinical response at 1 year.
A total of 59 patients are expected to be enrolled in the study. Patients will be included in participating centers, which will perform treatments.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Official Title
Watch-and-wait Strategy to Initiate Dostarlimab-based Immunotherapy in Localized Deficient Mismatch Repair (dMMR) and/or Microsatellite Instability High (MSI-H) oEso-gastric Junction and Gastric Adenocarcinoma: An Open-label GERCOR Phase II Study
Conditions
Adenocarcinoma - GEJ
Gastric Adenocarcinoma
Intervention / Treatment
  • Drug: Dostarlimab
Other Study ID Numbers
  • DEWI G-123
  • 2023-506102-39-00 ( Other Identifier ) (OTHER: EU CT)
Study Start (Actual)
2023-12-18
Primary Completion (Estimated)
2028-09-01
Study Completion (Estimated)
2028-09-01

Enrollment (Estimated)
Study Type
Interventional
Phase
Phase 2

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmoh the best! Sure beat all those useless Chinese researchers doing nothing on stomach cancer drug.

IMG_7385.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This phase II study will evaluate dostarlimab with a watch-and-wait approach for patients with localized mismatch repair deficiency (dMMR)/microsatellite instability (MSI) gastric or oeso-gastric junction adenocarcinoma.
An NGS-based ctDNA analysis revealed genomic alterations, MSI prevalence, and germline BRCA mutations in 85%, 2.5%, and 1.5% of patients, respectively.
MSI only 2.5% of stomach cancer patients. Very rare.