• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Ang Moh Family Treats SG Road Like Grandfather's Rd

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Family treats Martia Road like their own drawing board
Posted on 16 October 2013 | 10,247 views | 50 comments | 3 shares
<iframe style="border: currentColor; width: 73px; height: 20px;" id="f2c5d111f9da8c2" class="fb_ltr" title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=like&api_key=&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D27%23cb%3Df38187d90b9e86%26domain%3Dsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%252Ff374d27a616a418%26relation%3Dparent.parent&colorscheme=light&extended_social_context=false&font=arial&href=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Ffamily-spotted-drawing-on-spore-road-with-chalk&layout=button_count&locale=en_GB&node_type=link&ref=.UmQKA0Gf9-I.like&sdk=joey&send=false&show_faces=false&width=90" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" name="f160689d04754f9" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1382126667.html#_=1382287875811&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Ffamily-spotted-drawing-on-spore-road-with-chalk&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Ffamily-spotted-drawing-on-spore-road-with-chalk&size=m&text=Family%20treats%20Martia%20Road%20like%20their%20own%20drawing%20board%20-%20Singapore%20Seen&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fwhat-bugs-me%2Ffamily-spotted-drawing-on-spore-road-with-chalk%23.UmQKA-8Y2jU.twitter&via=AddThis" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>More Sharing Services

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><!--
<script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=stomp"></script>--><!-- AddThis Button END -->
road-main.jpg

STOMPer Waffleperson saw this family who was doodling on the road with chalks yesterday evening (Oct 15).
The STOMPer understands that the chalk drawings would eventually be washed away by the rain, but urges the family to be more respectful of the residents in that area.
The STOMPer said:
"A foreign family was seen doodling on the road with chalks at Martia Road (near East Coast Road) yesterday (Oct 15).
"I saw them at around 4 to 5pm. They had brought a whole bag of chalks with them.
"Even though the chalk would eventually be washed away by the rain, this is still an act of vandalism.
"They should respect the residents living around the area and abide by the Singapore rules."
STOMPers, are you for or against their action of doodling on the road with chalk? What are your thoughts on this?

<style type="text/css"> .holder {margin: 15px 0;border-bottom:1px dashed #CCCCCC;border-top:1px dashed #CCCCCC} .holder a {font-family: 'PT Sans',sans-serif;font-size: 14px;cursor: pointer;margin: 0 5px;color: #A5A5A5;text-decoration: none;font-weight: bold;line-height: 25px;} .holder a:hover {color: #FF0099;height:18px} .holder a.jp-previous {margin-right:15px;font-family:'PT Sans',sans-serif} .holder a.jp-next {margin-left:15px;font-family:'PT Sans',sans-serif} .holder a.jp-current, a.jp-current:hover {color: #FF0099;font-weight:bold} .holder a.jp-disabled, a.jp-disabled:hover {color: #bbb} .holder a.jp-current, a.jp-current:hover, .holder a.jp-disabled, a.jp-disabled:hover {cursor: default;background: none} .holder span { margin: 0 5px} div#content ul#itemContainer { list-style: none; padding:0; margin: 10px 0; } div#content ul#itemContainer li { display: inline-block; margin: 0px; zoom: 1; *display:inline; } div#content ul#itemContainer ll li img { vertical-align: bottom;} </style>
GALLERY: Click on thumbnails for larger image

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ang Mohs are a very creative bunch. They are the best.

I agree, they should go to Oxley Rd, or 1st Avenue, Bukit Timah or, just as an example....& be creative, use chalks, crayons, paint etc...create a work of art that is lo! & behold...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they use chalk abit hard to persecute them for vandalism as a rain can wash it away. But markers n crayons etc harder. Stomper should just call the cops. Vandalism is quite a serious crime.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If they use chalk abit hard to persecute them for vandalism as a rain can wash it away. But markers n crayons etc harder. Stomper should just call the cops. Vandalism is quite a serious crime.

Chalk art is not vandalism.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it is a vandalism if they dont wash and brush away their arts.
similarly, i can dirty the place and say: it will be washed off after the rain.
can i say that?

any Indian brothers have rice arts on the road?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When we were kids. We play hop scotch by drawing it on the ground with chalk. Is, at vandalism?

it is a vandalism if they dont wash and brush away their arts.
similarly, i can dirty the place and say: it will be washed off after the rain.
can i say that?

any Indian brothers have rice arts on the road?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frens, in North America (don't know about Europe, Oz or S. Africa), familes sometimes doodle away with chalks on driveways and gated open carparks - it is quite a common activity. It is considered an activity for preschoolers - and they don't mess up their homes, all the chalk are washed away after the next rainfall. Stationeries even sell boxes of the larger sized chalks for this purpose (they're sized about a large marker pen). I've done it a few times with my kid.

Cheers!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes it is.

Definition of act of vandalism[edit]
Section 2 of the Vandalism Act defines an act of vandalism as:

(a) without the written authority of an authorised officer or representative of the Government or of the government of any Commonwealth or foreign country or of any statutory body or authority or of any armed force lawfully present in Singapore in the case of public property, or without the written consent of the owner or occupier in the case of private property
(i) writing, drawing, painting, marking or inscribing on any public property or private property any word, slogan, caricature, drawing, mark, symbol or other thing;
(ii) affixing, posting up or displaying on any public property or private property any poster, placard, advertisement, bill, notice, paper or other document;[10] or
(iii) hanging, suspending, hoisting, affixing or displaying on or from any public property or private property any flag, bunting, standard, banner or the like with any word, slogan, caricature, drawing, mark, symbol or other thing; or
(b) stealing, destroying or damaging any public property.
Public property means movable or immovable property owned by the Government of Singapore, the government of any Commonwealth or foreign country, any statutory body or authority, or any armed force lawfully present in Singapore.[11]

*based on the above, if a police report were made against the ang moh family, they will be liable for prosecution.

its time to change our archaic laws and legalize things like chalk art.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
(a) without the written authority of an authorised officer or representative of the Government or of the government of any Commonwealth or foreign country or of any statutory body or authority or of any armed force lawfully present in Singapore in the case of public property, or without the written consent of the owner or occupier in the case of private property
(i) writing, drawing, painting, marking or inscribing on any public property or private property any word, slogan, caricature, drawing, mark, symbol or other thing;
(ii) affixing, posting up or displaying on any public property or private property any poster, placard, advertisement, bill, notice, paper or other document;[10] or
(iii) hanging, suspending, hoisting, affixing or displaying on or from any public property or private property any flag, bunting, standard, banner or the like with any word, slogan, caricature, drawing, mark, symbol or other thing; or
(b) stealing, destroying or damaging any public property.
Public property means movable or immovable property owned by the Government of Singapore, the government of any Commonwealth or foreign country, any statutory body or authority, or any armed force lawfully present in Singapore.[11]

Chalk art does not fall under any of those categories you twit. :rolleyes:

http://www.singaporerecords.com/content/largest-chalk-art

chalk-acm2_0.jpg

chalk-acm8_0.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why cant these angmoh draw in their comfort of their homes?
obviously they dont want to dirty their own homes and that is why they want to dirty public places.
their attitude is as good as urinating on the streets just like pariah dogs