• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anelka: I was right to insult terrible Domenech

Monde

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anelka: I was right to insult terrible Domenech

363461_heroa.jpg

By Chris Myson
Apr 4, 2014 12:16:00 AM

The striker, who was sacked by West Bromwich Albion last month, says he has no remorse for the dispute which ended his international career with Les Bleus

Nicolas Anelka says he has no regrets for insulting Raymond Domenech, which led to him being sent home from the France squad during World Cup 2010.

The former Arsenal, Chelsea and Real Madrid attacker had a confrontation with the then Bleus boss at half-time during his country’s 2-0 defeat to Mexico.

Four years on, the free agent insists he still has no respect for Domenech’s coaching ability and has no remorse for what he said at the time.

Anelka ranted to RMC: "I insulted a coach who the whole of France had already insulted, a coach who had never won anything apart from Ligue 2 and the Toulon tournament!

“He didn't know victory. I respect the man because I think he's a good person but I have no respect for the coach because he is not up to scratch.”

After being sent home from the tournament in South Africa, Anelka was handed an 18-match ban by the French Football Federation (FFR), ending his international career.

He continued: “When you have been coached by Ancelotti and other greats, it's hard to be coached by Domenech!

“A coach who demands respect but is incapable of respecting the best scorer in the history of France [Thierry Henry] doesn't deserve any respect.”

The 35-year-old striker is currently without a club after being sacked by West Bromwich Albion last month.

The Premier League side acted Anelka had announced on Twitter he planned to terminate his contract, just a day after it was confirmed he would accept a five-match ban for making a quenelle gesture.