• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An Ex-Muslim examines the dilemma of raising children in Islam

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Loofydralb

I would like to clarify at the outset that it is the evils of Islam theology, and not necessarily the individual character of Muslim parents, that make raising children in Islam such a troublesome matter.

Muslim individuals, including parents, can be either good or bad human beings. It is the extent to which a person adheres to the many inhumane dictates of Islamic theology that determine whether a person is respectable or not. I personally wish Muslims well, despite my deep antipathy towards Mohammedanism.

Speaking as a former Muslim who is repulsed by the depredations of Islamic theology, I assert that it is a great misfortune to be born into Islam and a great shame for parents to raise children in Islam. The reader may ask, What are the depredations of Islamic theology? I address Islam’s sanctioning of spousal abuse, its deadly homophobia, its death penalty for apostasy, etc.

There is arguably no greater parental responsibility than that of raising a child with a humane belief system. In fact, it would be far better to raise a child with no particular belief system than to insist that a child adhere to an ethically unsound set of beliefs. And Islam is without doubt a highly unethical ideology.

Furthermore, I would argue that committing one’s life to the practice and promotion of Islam is among the most foolish and self-defeating decisions that a human being can make for themselves and their family. For not only would such a person be practising an untrue, morally abhorrent religion, he or she would essentially be betraying humanity and future generations.

A particularly tragic aspect of raising children in Islam is the intense pressure placed upon Muslims to conform to Islamic rules and traditions. The pressure to obey Islamic dictates is especially concerning as it relates to Muslim girls, when one considers realities such as the permissibility of child marriage (due to the example of Muhammad marrying a six-year-old child and consummating the marriage when the child reached the age of nine (see Sahih Muslim Book 8, Number 3309), the stipulation that a Muslim woman may not marry a non-Muslim man (Quran 2:221), wearing Islamic head and body coverings, and on and on. Girls who refuse to obey such rules face threats of real violence from family members and the Islamic community Honor Killing are all too common within the Islamic community for females who attempt to break from Islamic norms. Brutal Sharia law is well known to be especially strict towards females. Sadly, the Sharia is sourced from the Quran and Muhammad’s Sunnah; therefore, Muslim families essentially enforce an informal version of the Islamic law when punishing those who stray from obedience to Mohammedanism.

Another troublesome aspect of raising children in Islam is the hatred of unbelievers and non-Islamic faith traditions that Islam inculcates in the minds of young persons. This hatred and dehumanizing of unbelievers is crystallized in Qur’anic verses such as those found below, stating that unbelievers are the worst of creatures and Muslim’s the best of peoples:

Qur’an 3:110: You are the best of people that has been raised up for mankind. You command what is right and forbid what is wrong, and you believe in Allah. And if the people of the book had believed, it would have been better for them. Some of them are believers, but most of them are rebellious.

Qur’an 98:6: Indeed, the unbelievers among the people of the book and the idolaters will remain in the fire of Gehenna. They are the most vile of created beings.

Another example of the Islam-inspired hatred that is taught to Muslim children are the Qur’anic passages below aimed at Christians and Jews. Such hateful passages fuel the persecution and bloodshed currently taking place in Africa, the Middle East, Pakistan, and elsewhere, where the murder of Christians in particular is commonplace and only increasing. Hatred of unbelievers is the undercurrent of Islam and the foundational reason why young boys and men commit the innumerable jihad attacks we see occurring throughout the world in 2023.

Qur’an 3:28: Let not the believers take unbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoever does that has no connection with Allah unless you are guarding yourselves against them, taking security. Allah bids you to beware of him. To Allah is the journeying.

Qur’an 5:51: O you who believe, do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends of one another. He among you who takes them for friends is of them. Indeed, Allah does not guide wrongdoing people.

Qur’an 9:29: Fight against those do not believe in Allah or the last day, and do not forbid what Allah and his messenger have forbidden, and do not follow the religion of truth, even if they are among the people of the book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.

The social strife and violent conflict that Islam naturally creates between Muslims and unbelievers is playing out in Europe and UK in dramatic fashion. In the short span of a few decades, hundreds of large no-go zones have developed throughout Europe, where non-Muslims dare not enter for reasons of safety. And it is in this Islamic cultural milieu that Muslim children are raised to distrust and hate the non-Islamic state and its non-Islamic citizens.

The blind obedience and cult-like sway that Islam has over its adherents is profound, due to fear, false promises of heavenly rewards, and community reprisal for leaving Islam or transgressing against Islamic tradition. It should not be underestimated just how firmly Muslim believers will continue to cling to this cruel ideology. For the reasons mentioned above, Muslim parents continue to deny the fact that it is grave injustice to raise children in Islam. The best hope for the world is that Muslim parents find ways to safely leave Islam with their children and then speak out against the harms and falsehoods of the religion.

If Muslims can be made to see the hideous falsehood of Islam, people have a chance at living in relative harmony with one another despite the various challenges that arise over time. Reflecting on my twenty-five years living as an ex-Muslim, I believe the three most harmful and ironic passages in the entire Islamic canon are these:

Qur’an 5:3: This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed my favor to you, and have chosen Islam as the religion for you.

Qur’an: 16:89: And the day when we raise in every nation a witness against them from their own people, and we bring you as a witness against these. And we reveal the book to you as an explanation of all things, and a guidance and a mercy and good news for the Muslims.

33:21: Indeed in the messenger of Allah you have an excellent example for him who looks to Allah and the last day, and remembers Allah a great deal.

Here is a recent statement from a group of Bangladeshi apostates living in the UK, explaining the reasons why they have abandoned Islam:

One who claims to be a messenger of God is expected to live a saintly life. He must not be given to lust, he must not be a sexual pervert, and he must not be a rapist, a highway robber, a war criminal, a mass murderer or an assassin. One who claims to be a messenger of God must have a superior character. He must stand above the vices of the people of his time. Yet Muhammad’s life is that of a gangster godfather. He raided merchant caravans, looted innocent people, massacred entire male populations and enslaved the women and children. He raped the women captured in war after killing their husbands and told his followers that it is okay to have sex with their captives (Qur’an 33:50). He assassinated those who criticized him and executed them when he came to power and became de facto despot of Arabia. Muhammad was bereft of human compassion. He was an obsessed man with his dreams of grandiosity and could not forgive those who stood in his way…

The statement continues:

Muhammad was a narcissist, like Hitler, Saddam or Stalin. He was astute and knew how to manipulate people, but his emotional intelligence was less evolved than that of a 6-year-old child. He simply could not feel the pain of others. He brutally massacred thousands of innocent people and pillaged their wealth. His ambitions were big and as a narcissist he honestly believed he is entitled to do as he pleased and commit all sorts of crimes and his evil deeds are justified.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahomet marrying a 6 year old cannot be corraborated by historians. NoR was there great emphasis on mecca. It was never s crucial city until recently. The centre of arab power was baghdad, damascus, egypt, tashkent. Samarkand. Morocco and andalusia and later under turks, constantinopke. . No historical records to indicate if caliphs or sultan even made pilgrimage.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahomet marrying a 6 year old cannot be corraborated by historians. NoR was there great emphasis on mecca. It was never s crucial city until recently. The centre of arab power was baghdad, damascus, egypt, tashkent. Samarkand. Morocco and andalusia and later under turks, constantinopke. . No historical records to indicate if caliphs or sultan even made pilgrimage.

It is not what the book says or did not say that matter, it is the outcome of the belief that matter. Almost every kelantan muud wants to emulate the prophet and want to marry a young bride.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not what the book says or did not say that matter, it is the outcome of the belief that matter. Almost every kelantan muud wants to emulate the prophet and want to marry a young bride.
The followers were asked to emulate abraham.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

muhammad marrying and fucking a kid is taken as fact by moslems, corraborated by the moslem hadith scriptures. The quran isn't the only moslem scriptures.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
muhammad marrying and fucking a kid is taken as fact by moslems, corraborated by the moslem hadith scriptures. The quran isn't the only moslem scriptures.
The hadith is full of errors and fiction. I wouldn't touch it with a flag pole. My opinion is, the hadith was used to manipulate the masses into religion snd other corrupt practices. The caliphs may have used it to exploit the masses to get what he wanted. That is to subjugate the masses. Plus fulfil the desire by adding many wives and young girls into the equation, the hadith.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The hadith is full of errors and fiction. I wouldn't touch it with a flag pole. My opinion is, the hadith was used to manipulate the masses into religion snd other corrupt practices.

Vast majority of moslems believe in the hadiths and the sunnah, another type of hadiths. But there's a growing number of new conservative moslems who are embarrassed by the hadiths and want to stick with only the quran for islamic guidance.

The caliphs may have used it to exploit the masses to get what he wanted. That is to subjugate the masses. Plus fulfil the desire by adding many wives and young girls into the equation, the hadith.

It is written that one of the early caliphs, umar, burned most of the different versions of the quran and only allowed his version to propagate. There are some differences in the various ancient qurans found by archeologists in recent times.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hadith is full of errors and fiction. I wouldn't touch it with a flag pole. My opinion is, the hadith was used to manipulate the masses into religion snd other corrupt practices. The caliphs may have used it to exploit the masses to get what he wanted. That is to subjugate the masses. Plus fulfil the desire by adding many wives and young girls into the equation, the hadith.
Islam is not for u Since u luv pork n adores Chinese pussy....

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vast majority of moslems believe in the hadiths and the sunnah, another type of hadiths. But there's a growing number of new conservative moslems who are embarrassed by the hadiths and want to stick with only the quran for islamic guidance.

It is written that one of the early caliphs, umar, burned most of the different versions of the quran and only allowed his version to propagate. There are some differences in the various ancient qurans found by archeologists in recent times.

One of those muslims I think is loofy. They are really embarassed by those hadiths that contradicted modern context. As usual, they claim they have a very scientific authencity process which is nothing more than discarding away those they are embarassing and blame them as the works of anti-islam. There is no evidence to prove any of the hadiths was written by non-muslims.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As usual, they claim they have a very scientific authencity process which is nothing more than discarding away those they are embarassing and blame them as the works of anti-islam.

I've read about their 'authenticity process'. My business dealings with arabs have always shown them to be dishonest, very concerned about face, double dealing and easy to bribe. The 'authenticity process' looks good on paper only.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've read about their 'authenticity process'. My business dealings with arabs have always shown them to be dishonest, very concerned about face, double dealing and easy to bribe. The 'authenticity process' looks good on paper only.

Just like Islam looks peaceful and perfect on paper.