• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An Ex-Christian's story

tuttifruiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. A little intro about myself. 24 years now. Was a Pastor's son and i grew up in church, kindergarten was in church etc. Basically, i was born and raised in a christian family. This story pretty much revolves around my father as a Pastor.

My Father's Life.

My father accepted Christ when he was serving the Army, and the story begins from there. He went to bible college after graduating with a degree with then University of Malaya (now NUS correct me if i am wrong). He heard the calling of God and went on to do missionary work in X country. (let me leave the country unknown.) For 15 years he stayed in X and did missionary work, setting up churches, learnt they language and even married my mother, an X citizen there).

As a boy, i remember moving to and fro singapore and x, couldnt really remember why. The people in X country are so poor they are happy just to have eggs for breakfast, they will pray for an egg and this i kid you not.

Finally, my family settled down in singapore and my dad led a ministry here in a singaporean Church, not a megachurch but not far off too. i was a christian all this while. i was reborn into christ twice. i was faithful, did my quiet time, prayed, read the bible, went to church.

In his late 50s, my dad had some arguments with the church and the church finally FIRED him. it appears that my father was fighting with the church over some reasons for a very long time and that last argument was finally the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was in shock. A CHURCH fired a pastor. this servant of god that went out to do missionary work. set up churches. FIRED.

This is where the birth of an Atheist begins. I was lost. i begin searching for answers, talking to people and just floated around. Til i enlisted. i met a friend and he is also very keen on the subject of religion. we talked and researched.

To be continued...

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,thanks for sharing your story.The churches I know of in sg are not much different from the way you described.Most Christians,if you observe,put GOD's interest before their own.THIS is the PROBLEM.How can god provide eggs for the poor if the poor themselves can cultivate chickens for eggs and meat?Why put god in the picture?With the poor praying for god's divine intervention is merely a comfort to their spiritual calling for the suffering they face in life.

god too had not intervene in your father's sacking by his church.Why?The Christians will tell you;HE THE ALMIGHTY WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.Be the good servant you ought to be,carry on with perseverance and be rewarded in the Kingdom of christ.

If your dad had been a faithful servant of his almighty god since his teens,he should be comforting of the fact that whatever turbulence he faces are tests god is giving him and it is all written in God's will.He should be at peace with himself for Christianity is a personal relationship with God.

Hi. A little intro about myself. 24 years now. Was a Pastor's son and i grew up in church, kindergarten was in church etc. Basically, i was born and raised in a christian family. This story pretty much revolves around my father as a Pastor.

My Father's Life.

My father accepted Christ when he was serving the Army, and the story begins from there. He went to bible college after graduating with a degree with then University of Malaya (now NUS correct me if i am wrong). He heard the calling of God and went on to do missionary work in X country. (let me leave the country unknown.) For 15 years he stayed in X and did missionary work, setting up churches, learnt they language and even married my mother, an X citizen there).

As a boy, i remember moving to and fro singapore and x, couldnt really remember why. The people in X country are so poor they are happy just to have eggs for breakfast, they will pray for an egg and this i kid you not.

Finally, my family settled down in singapore and my dad led a ministry here in a singaporean Church, not a megachurch but not far off too. i was a christian all this while. i was reborn into christ twice. i was faithful, did my quiet time, prayed, read the bible, went to church.

In his late 50s, my dad had some arguments with the church and the church finally FIRED him. it appears that my father was fighting with the church over some reasons for a very long time and that last argument was finally the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was in shock. A CHURCH fired a pastor. this servant of god that went out to do missionary work. set up churches. FIRED.

This is where the birth of an Atheist begins. I was lost. i begin searching for answers, talking to people and just floated around. Til i enlisted. i met a friend and he is also very keen on the subject of religion. we talked and researched.

To be continued...

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
" If your dad had been a faithful servant of his almighty god since his teens,he should be comforting of the fact that whatever turbulence he faces are tests god is giving him and it is all written in God's will .

did god also put those dinosaur bones on earth to test your faith ? whahahahahaah

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Christians,the theory of evolution cannot be true because god created man.Dinosaurs is part of that evolution so genesis must have taken place before the time of the dinos.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible isn't a book on natural history, it was compiled during an age when people were more concerned and preoccupied with how to behave in newly formed societies; morality and social conduct were its concerns. Being simplistic (as compared to post Age of Reasoning), many unfathomable events were attributed to "god". You guys can pit evolution vs. creation till the end of our days without coming to a common agreement. We will never know the definite answers to many things in our lifetime.

BTW, you guys who read the bible should not take it as historical fact, it wasn't meant to be.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
to christians,the theory of evolution cannot be true because god created man.dinosaurs is part of that evolution so genesis must have taken place before the time of the dinos.

so man and dino walking side by side ? :wink:

yes to the christian , the theory of evolution cannot be true . But that does not mean its not true ...the facts will always be the facts even you dont like it . Christian also believe in the bible , and the bible talk about the talking snakes does it mean that snake really can talk ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible isn't a book on natural history, it was compiled during an age when people were more concerned and preoccupied with how to behave in newly formed societies; morality and social conduct were its concerns. Being simplistic (as compared to post Age of Reasoning), many unfathomable events were attributed to "god". You guys can pit evolution vs. creation till the end of our days without coming to a common agreement. We will never know the definite answers to many things in our lifetime.

BTW, you guys who read the bible should not take it as historical fact, it wasn't meant to be.

Cheers!

you should not be christain because you are an honest person .

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not consider myself Christian. I do not belong to any church or christian sect. However, if anyone chooses to believe (in whatever religion), I will not oppose or challenge their choice. I believe in freedom of choice.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiyah, you never watched The Flintstones? If you think that's cartoon, what about Caveman (starring Ringo Starr). Men and dinos lived side by side.

Cheers!

whahahahaha..yes, its cartoon and movie :wink: . bro , please dont feel offended if i use the word christain everytime when i whack them ...you are not included in that CAT seriously .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do not consider myself Christian. I do not belong to any church or christian sect. However, if anyone chooses to believe (in whatever religion), I will not oppose or challenge their choice. I believe in freedom of choice.

Cheers!

yes ...i believe in freedom of choice too if they dont spread their delusion around ...its contagious . when they do that ..they must be stopped .

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
whahahahaha..yes, its cartoon and movie :wink: . bro , please dont feel offended if i use the word christain everytime when i whack them ...you are not included in that CAT seriously .

Verbal abuse isn't going to stop Christians, they survived being tossed into lion dens!

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Verbal abuse isn't going to stop Christians, they survived being tossed into lion dens!

Cheers!

yes i know verbal abuse is not going to stop them ..but at least its fun to let ppl know how stupid they are by debunking their delusional cult and stop ppl from joining their cult . by now you should be able to see how they try to argue blindly here . the more they try to wash their dirty underwear here the more dirty its going to get .

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes ...i believe in freedom of choice too if they dont spread their delusion around ...its contagious . when they do that ..they must be stopped .

Of course! Indeed, it is very contagious! But note that this is the only contagious disease that can only cure man's problem....problem of the evil heart of man. So, please catch it while you can...because it would not be effective once Jesus has come and establish His Kingdom here on earth. Reason: You don't need to spread this eternal-life saving contagious disease in the Kingdom because the Kingdom will be free from all diseases.

Satan has been trying to stop this eternal-life saving disease from spreading for thousands of years...till now, he still couldn't invent any vaccine to prevent it. So, don't waste your time...unless you too are a member of Satan's labour force.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course! Indeed, it is very contagious! But note that this is the only contagious disease that can only cure man's problem....problem of the evil heart of man. So, please catch it while you can...because it would not be effective once Jesus has come and establish His Kingdom here on earth. Reason: You don't need to spread this eternal-life saving contagious disease in the Kingdom because the Kingdom will be free from all diseases.

Satan has been trying to stop this eternal-life saving disease from spreading for thousands of years...till now, he still couldn't invent any vaccine to prevent it. So, don't waste your time...unless you too are a member of Satan's labour force.

your cult is contagious to make you stupid and delusion :wink: . what satan what god ? your storybook really sound like fairytales . not forgetting about the talking snakes :wink: another fairy tales character :wink:

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is truly an ex christian then he should seek repentance from my pastor Rony tan. He is truly gifted. He can slam other ppls religious beliefs thats how i learn from him

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
some chritsians are just scums of this world...i have seen thise who sunday go church...after church go health centre screw prostitutes! if not, smoking and drinking away...

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's true! If you consider yourself to be honest, sinless then the Kingdom of Heaven is not for you.

The Kingdom of God is reserved to only those who considered themselves sinful, dishonest (at one time or another) and have sincerely and truthfully confessed their sin to God, and truly repent of their sins.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
some chritsians are just scums of this world...i have seen thise who sunday go church...after church go health centre screw prostitutes! if not, smoking and drinking away...

That's true....

Thankfully, only some (based on your observations) but frankly based on my observations there are many and not some...though they may not go to those places that you described, we can see many (and sadly) church-going people are not living their lives which the God of the Bible commanded....while I am writing this, I want to boldly admit I perhaps am one of these...at one time or another....we thus must continue to press forward, and not let the worldly temptations of pride, lust and greed overtake us to the point that we can become unfaithful and disloyal to our Living Saviour, Lord Jesus Christ.