• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amos Yee’s mother calls for son’s release from IMH

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mother of 16-year old video blogger, Amos Yee, says her son, who is being held at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH), has not been eating well the past two days.

Mdm Mary Toh, who visits her son three times a week, also says Amos Yee is suffering mental stress from the environment he is in.

The teenager is being remanded at block 7 of the institution, which is believed to be the remand ward for those with suspected mental illness and the criminally insane.

Mdm Toh is thus asking her son’s lawyers to request the court to release Amos Yee on bail as soon as possible.

“Amos pleaded [with me] to get him out, “ Mdm Toh told The Online Citizen (TOC). “He can’t stand even another day in there. He said prison is better than IMH.”

Mdm Toh says her son has also lost weight from his loss of appetite and inability to have good sleep.

“It is really mental torture to him,” she says. “He is very scared seeing those faces,” she added, referring to the other patients in the ward.

“They walk past his cell, threaten to beat him up… Shouting at him from far…”

Amos Yee is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, 6 July, for sentencing.

He is being assessed for two weeks at IMH for suitability for a Mandatory Treatment Order (MTO), after an earlier assessment for suitability for rehabilitation found that he could be suffering from autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

The teen was charged and found guilty of posting a video online criticising Singapore’s late prime minister, Lee Kuan Yew, which is deemed to have also “wounded the religious feelings of Christians”, at a time when the funeral of the former prime minister of Singapore was taking place.

In the past two weeks, several international organisations, including the United Nations and Amnesty International, have called for the teenager’s release.

Protests in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia have also been held to call for the same.

On Sunday, the Community Action Network (CAN), a Singaporean non-governmental organisation, is holding a rally to add its voice to the call.

The event will take place at Hong Lim Park, Singapore’s only free space for protests and demonstrations.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/07/amos-yees-mother-calls-for-sons-release-from-imh/

Details are here: #FreeAmosYee event.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The mother of 16-year old video blogger, Amos Yee, says her son, who is being held at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH), has not been eating well the past two days.

Mdm Mary Toh, who visits her son three times a week, also says Amos Yee is suffering mental stress from the environment he is in.

The teenager is being remanded at block 7 of the institution, which is believed to be the remand ward for those with suspected mental illness and the criminally insane.

I always suspected that Amos was criminally insane.

shutter2.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAPPY selectively chooses the 'appropriate Blk' for those who 'want to go against them' but cannot be put away permenantly ? The worst blk where all the unheard of horrors ...

never ever gets out to be heard! LoLoLoL

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;1K9jBL2syJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9jBL2syJ8[/video]

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please let Amos know where you live. Maybe he could visit you & your family after his release. You will love it.

Based on my prediction...Amos would not be released....

still..

SANE....or at least know who he need to take revenge on...

He will be a much subduded and totally changed kid who will even vote for the ..

Pappy! See what wonders modern drugs can do! LoLoLoL

Bison

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genuine mild IMH cases they let them into society while sending political dissidents to IMH. Shame on the PAP.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whenever we hear stories of Amos, it is always the mother defending the son. What happens to the father ?

Has the father given up on the son ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought it was the other way round... the boy is scared shit to stay in IMH and calling for mummy mummy.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you hve stay in Changi more than 40 days, IMH is just a holiday camp.

Not when you are staying with people crazier than you.

Never in his life did he even think that this could happen... he thought he was crazy enough to handle the Changi prison mates and warden ( suicidal threats , blah , blah ... )

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you hve stay in Changi more than 40 days, IMH is just a holiday camp.
You might have mistaken. Once I was shown around IMH for some work matter. While walking to the site, I stepped out of the sheltered corridor and the good chap who was showing me the way pulled me back so quickly that it really caught me by surprise. He explained that the immates of the block that we were walking under loved to throw things down, especially shit. After that I started to observe the walls of each block more carefully. True enough, that block I mentioned had lots of blood stains on the wall while other blocks were ok. There were also many inmates' clothing found hanging on the ledges below the windows. They must have been thrown out by the immates. I asked my guide and he laughingly told me that many of them were naked.

Mad men are scary. To live with those that are not just only mad but also violent is a real challenging experience. Till this day, I still feel that the nurses in Imh are also mad in some way, having to face these people every working day, they would be influenced by their behaviour. Really respect them in taking up such a job.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some ask for him to be freed. Some want him trapped there. The public and this forum cannot agree on what Anne's how to deal with him.

But are we all seem to agree on one thing: Amos is being kept in imh as a punishment, not for treatment as they tried to convey.