• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amino Acid Supplements

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope to get feedback from Bros who are taking this supplement, both essential and non essential.

What are your experience with this supplement.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are amino acids to be taken during training to aid performance, and ability to carry heavier weights, for more impact lah.

For muscle recovery, try taking steamed chicken breast for dinner and sleep. Digestion of chicken meat is relatively slow, so the supply of protein for muscle recovery during rest and sleep is more constant. Fish meat digest too fast, so take during waking hours.

Also, take food with zinc and vitamins to aid absorptionof proteins, otherwise also wasted.

Go natural is my recommendation. But anyway, now all the farm chicken also got growth hormones, so also a hit or miss...........

For weight training to aid muscle recovery.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take whey concentrate, not whey isolates to build muscles.
Weider used to promote free form amino acids but no one sells that stuff anymore cos its a hoax.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eggs will suffice. The most complete protein you'll ever find. 3 eggs = 20+ g. Take 1.8g/kg of protein daily in 20g blocks. Voila! :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eggs are a very good source of protein like what cruxx said but if you eat too many careful of your digestion.

You can also ask johnny333 and he has already posted here too for brands to purchase and what to purchase.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eggs are a very good source of protein like what cruxx said but if you eat too many careful of your digestion.

You can also ask johnny333 and he has already posted here too for brands to purchase and what to purchase.

Whether you are a bodybuilder or someone who's trying to stay healthy, good nutrition is essential in both cases. I'm not a bodybuilder but someone who is trying to stay healthy.

Eggs have received a bad reputation for contributing to cholesterol levels. However from what I've read it's a healthy source of nutrition, but even good things have to be consumed moderately.

Other than L-arginine another important amino is L-carnitine. This amino helps the body to convert fat to energy. Take L-carnitine with CoQ10 as they both work synergistically . L-carnitine is usually from meat sources & that's why many vegetarians don't get enough L-carnitine . If you are having problems finding a cheap, vegetarian source of L-carnitine AND CoQ10 conside trying out http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Co-Q10-100...g-Natural-Orange-Flavor-16-fl-oz-480-ml/13756

By the way, iHerb has a special going on. If you order by April, shipping by US mail to Spore is free if your order is at least above US$40

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you decide to take L-arginine I suggest you look at those products with a sustain release i.e time released. Otherwise you would have to take a higher dose more frequently. I take it to improve blood flow. It helps with nitric oxide production. Side effects include viagara like effects :smile:

Yes, this is proven from my own experience.