• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All hougangers: Be brave! Vote the pap out!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: All hougangers: Be brave! KEEP THE HOUGANG SPIRIT ALIVE!!

remember to

VOTE THE PAP OUT!!

522224_402038286485521_158552314167454_1175457_1214564672_n.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ysl was elected to serve hougangers. he did his job for 9 mths until the romantic unforeseen appeared.

was just wondering.....who sabo him? it's his private affair which could be in the process of resolving privately and confidentially.

just like pinky's lst wife died suddenly in the hospital while she was on duty. the media leeported "cardiac arrest." actually just jigsaw the pieces of facts and u would realise something amissed....something that is private and confidential and the leegime didn't want the public to know more about it.

a medical dr died from cardiac arrest during her duty while working in a first class hospital.....and she died. (???) maybe only iin the twilight zone. :p

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: All hougangers: Be brave! KEEP THE HOUGANG SPIRIT ALIVE!!

watch this video clip with skepticism.

the auntie got her brand new seat toilet FREE OF CHARGE. why? cos pap didn't rule hougang. somewhere in queenstown, there are many senior folks like her and they had to cough out $3k for a stupid seat toilet. it wasn't free.

why?

queenstown is under TG PAGAR GRC. it's a forever walkover unless the immortal old man dies. now they even have to pay. yes again! for upgrading already UPGRADED LIFTS which they missed out and overlook during their precinct upgrading.

why isn't these FOC?

becos it's always a pap's territory. IT'S A FOREVER WALKOVER. did the mp fight for freebies for the poor old folks here? no! the ex-mp baey the traitor absconded to tampines to con the tampiners there.

why then hougang - a opp ward - got seat toilet FREE?

do not vote the pap!!

let them seduce you with more free goodies :P take their goodies but continue not to vote for them. desmond is belanjaing FREE PORRIDGE. pls check in details: who is the one footing all these bills? eat but continue to vote for WP.

$60k was raised so far to help upgrade the toilets for residents.

Here is a real stories from the residents of Hougang.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/la1_QOw2RX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the pap now is forcing queenstowners to pay to upgrading of UPGRADED LIFTS. a new lift column would be build with the lift stopping level at every floor.

BUT IT ISN'T FREE. queenstowners have to pay for it which is a overlook misjob during their precinct upgrading. now they would have to pay for their complacency and mistake.

is that fair?

of course not. but what can the residents do? their last minute walk-in mp for a walkover ward....of course he doesn't bother! it's such an easy extra $16k job for him. why bother to fight for freebies for the residents? no one voted for him. he just walked in and became an mp :(

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
"ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU...."

does this need to happen? it happens everyday except all this unfortunate events are hushed up. where are they? in fact, it could be THEY who are the ones who cause such misfortune - directly or indirectly :(

疑30楼飞坠而下,猪肉嫂身、手异处,被发现时尸体缺手缺脚,断成四截,肚破肠流,半张脸被击碎,死状骇人。

这起恐怖坠楼事故是发生在昨午12时38分,地点是大巴窑2巷第145座组屋。

死者是郭益卿(59岁),生前与丈夫和儿子住在事发地点附近的第73座组屋9楼,丈夫在第74座巴刹卖猪肉。

死者丈夫李杰崇(66岁)今早在殓尸房说,两人上个星期天因儿子的管教问题而发生争执,夫妻俩过后冷战4天。

-丈夫声称 猪肉嫂脾气向来暴躁

完整报道,请翻阅18.05.2012《联合晚报》。

20120518_it_lcn_fall-from-height_img_main.jpg

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don’t Be Swayed So Easily Singapore!

Posted by The Online Citizen on May 18, 2012 40 Comments
~By John Chan Chi Yung~

The PM and the rest of the PAP would like all to keep in mind that they have changed many policies and taken many actions to address 'our concerns' (but which are more correctly problems that they themselves caused).

If you feel that various members of the PAP, especially the PM are sincere about changing the PAP then remember that they always came across as sincere, year after year, even while causing us so much real suffering.

But if they were really so, we wouldn't have the problems we face today. If the PAP has truly changed, it would acknowledge all the unethical policies still in force and remove them.

For one thing, the PM will resign as the head of the People's Association and he will admit that the PA has been used as a political tool for entrenching the PAP at the grassroots level even after a constituency has voted for their opponent.

That it was biased against the opposition by banning opposition MPs from being grassroots leaders of their own constituency, banning opposition events but allowing PAP ones, disallowing opposition MPs from attending events by their own grassroots leaders etc.

Then what about their policies of cutting bus routes from opposition wards? What about making opposition ward residents 2nd class citizens by interminably delaying needed upgrading work in their estates? To make it worse, the PAP justifies their actions with half-assed rationales that they get away with because they control parliament with manipulation, suppression and intimidation.Such policies are the height of unfairness and bullying and are the mainstay of PAP policies.

Fundamentally, the PAP is rotten to the core and for all the displayed sincerity and displayed desire to help Singaporeans, it and its MPs cannot be trusted because they condone their own unethical behaviour, stay silent on it, justify it, and persecute those who stand up against it.

Oh how they change their tune according to the winds of change even while insisting they never sang otherwise. Oh how they pledge to change even while denying any mistakes. Oh how they speak of remorse even while trying to silence their critics.

But heed them not, for that's all they are, words. It must be remembered that any action taken now was forced upon them, however much they deny it.

We all must remember that much remains unfair, many remain suffering and many wronged remain unavenged.

We must all remember that there can be no moving on when the culprits have not been caught, when they have not been made to compensate and when they have not been punished.

For they have not changed from their own conscience, they have not truly repented and for many, they have not even been chosen. They were forced upon us by the cost of forgoing seemingly desirable ministers (who often have to be replaced by others and who have resigned.) and last minute gerrymandering.

Many wrongs remain unredressed, so Singapore do not be so easily swayed by honeyed words spoken year in and year out, do not be forget who and what brought about this state of affairs and do not vote for the PAP.

Remember, there is no Republic of Hougang or Aljunied or Potong Pasir. There is only the Republic of Singapore and we will all live and die together, as real families should.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the super KIASUIISM & KIASIISM have been air-lifted in hougang.

just look. lst the PM stood behind desmond. then tharma. then rear admiral . boy! they just love to stand behind desmond!!

how cum desmond need so many to stand behind him? obviously, he can stand on his own. he needs someone behind him to charge him up.

hougangers, still wanna vote this type of butt loving stand-behinds as your mp?

sam heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure it does - no need to bet. I am not in the gambling spirit, thank you. My response to the other thread worth reproducing here :

I understand why you want Desmond Choo to lose the by-election. You must be one of those who do not live in Hougang.

I gather these are the main reasons why people who don't live in Hougang want the WP to win the election:

1. WP wins the election means one less constituency for the government to spend on. So more money can be channelled for whatever community projects to other constituencies - including the one you live it.

2. WP wins means fewer estate enhancement like lift-upgrading, cycling tracks or parks or MRT and LRT stations. Condos and HDB flats will not command high prices - therefore making them more affordable for other outsiders to buy.

3. WP wins means more varied voices can be heard in parliament and government under pressure becomes more generous - more flats being built, more places for children in schools, more subsidies, more and better services from government. Residents from from other constituencies will gain.

4. WP wins means more voices for the people - but not in my backyard please. It's a "win-win situation" for them - no matter how cliche the phrase may be.

5. WP wins means we can see more drama entertainment on TV - more or better than those Mediacorp drama serials. Eventually the newbie MPs got thumb down - but we oustiders got entertained without having to pay the price.

6. WP wins means more rebates or goodies for everybody - including residents of Hougang lah - there are still some 35% PAP supporters there. Voting is secret, so government can't discriminate WP voters from other voters

So smart voters of Hougang you know whom the people of other constituencies want you to vote. Thank you for sacrificing for the majority of Singaporeans.

What a F88King stupid list! even for stupid sinkie.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
b4 calling for BE, our super pinky king had no urgency to oblige the residents there. doesn't this alrady telling? he had the uneasy feeling that HOUGANG SHALL LOSE ONCE MORE!

pap in their natural kiasu na kiasi form usually would have called for a FLASH BE instead of a procrastinated one if they are confident of winning hougang. the fact that they dilly-dally already said much about them.

THEY ARE NOT REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT HOUGANGERS AND WHETHER THEY CAN GET A MP TO SERVE THEM.

they are only more concerned about their chances of winning so that they would not be put in another embarrassing spot should they lose. if they lose big time like the last about 70%, the desmond would really have to bend for all those biggies pappies who stood behind him.

let vote the pap out!

and see what other despicable tactics they would come up to soft-threat, intimidate or make things difficult to hougangers. from there on, let every singaporeans witness the real pap and vote most of them out in the next GE.

HOUGANG, every singaporeans is counting on u to VOTE THE PAP OUT one more time!!

Last edited:

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck off! We already did. Don't tell us what to do motherfucker. Low Thia Kiang don't play this moral high horse of yours. You know how much time you wasted of us?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is an example of what pap did to hougangers for not voting them. share your stories and let others know,

Open Letter to Hougang Residents: People Power. Vote For Yourself, Your Family and the Future.
"One of the reasons people hate politics is that truth is rarely a politician's objective. Election and power are." Cal Thomas Dear Hougang Residents. I was 9-years old, attending Xinghua Primary School at Hougang Avenue 1 when we had our first elections as Hougang SMC....
By: Mohammad Nizam Abdul Kadir

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Open Letter to Hougang Residents: People Power. Vote For Yourself, Your Family and the Future.
.by Mohammad Nizam Abdul Kadir on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 12:34am ·.
"One of the reasons people hate politics is that truth is rarely a politician's objective. Election and power are." Cal Thomas

Dear Hougang Residents.

I was 9-years old, attending Xinghua Primary School at Hougang Avenue 1 when we had our first elections as Hougang SMC. I attended Kindergarten at En-Naeem Mosque. I was born in 1979 and moved into a new HDB flat my dad bought at the 12th floor of block 22, Hougang Avenue 3. I also attended Montfort Secondary School, which was in another ward, but Hougang is actually quite a bigger place, than the Hougang SMC.

When I was in Primary 3, Hougang SMC was carved out, and the first election took place where I stayed, in 1988, between PAP and WP. I remained in Hougang until I finally shifted out to Woodlands in 2000.

I had many great childhood memories, but one thing for sure, I don't remember Hougang SMC as a place that is extremely dissimilar from the rest of Singapore. We had buses to take, the Hougang Bus Interchange's MacDonald's would be our hang-out place. To me, at that age, I only knew PAP, through PAP Kindergartens that all my four elder brothers went to, except myself. Hougang was home, whether or not, it was PAP or WP that took care of us.

As a child I didn't notice the difference, but as far as I know my parents were keen supporters of PAP, they voted for PAP every election, until we moved out to Woodlands, and when I grew up and learnt a thing or two about politics, and it was then, that I thought PAP wasn't that good anymore. So I'll swing my mom over to my side, to vote for the opposition, and she did eventually, but cautioned me not to tell my dad. My dad was a staunch PAP supporter, as he saw how PAP made his life better, I supposed. Or was he fearful of PAP? Well I could never tell till today. I would tell my mom of the failure of PAP's policy especially the one on stop at 2, which she was penalized for having 5 sons, who she had to send all to NS, but she was lucky, all of us survived NS. And she would then vote for the opposition. PAP was a good party that took care of us. But I supposed our problems today are a result of the growth we achieved for the many years ago. That is why, my father saw the growth, while I saw the side effects of this growth.My parents' kampong friends all shifted to Hougang Avenue 3, we were all living in the same block, or a few blocks away. We played soccer every afternoon at an open field, my grandmother sold kueh at the void-deck, and made some money too by selling spices at the nearby wet market. Hougang was a very memorable place to live in, as a child and a teenager. There was no problem for me, on a local level. However, my parents' buddies are still there, their parents are there too, most are wheel-chair bound. They definitely need more facilities in that area today.

Yes, I agree PAP was unfair in not treating Hougang well. But this is politics isn't it? But to me, those times, WP won the Hougang SMC, I didn't really feel PAP was bullying us in Hougang, as I still remembered my mother would go to Lim Ah Pin Polyclinic, and took us along if any of us were sick. We were still happy with what we had, because those times were simple times, and we were not an ageing population yet.

Fast forward 20 years, Hougang is in a state that made Png say "Hougang is not for sale". Indeed, nobody would want to buy it, look at its state compared to other housing estates. I live in Woodlands for about 5-8 years, and I could see the vast differences, and to a new generation of Singaporeans, like me, it does matter. And to the old folks who are living there, it matters even more. Who is going to look after them?

Yes, Hougang seems to have been bullied by PAP, and they have sacrificed each time they voted for WP during the general elections of 1991, 1997, 2001, 2006 and 2011. I did my A Levels in Serangoon Junior College in 1997, to me it was quite a dilapidated JC compared to many other JCs, including National JC I attended for a short while waiting for my O Level results. I didn't understand PAP was the cause of such unfairness, but as I grew up, I was angry at PAP for doing this to my home town. They were bullying us.

So in the recent general elections of 2011, when Low Thia Khiang (who has won since 1991), decided to allow Yaw Shin Leong to replace him, so that he could contest for Aljunied GRC, which he won, I thought why not, since we've already been bullied, we may as well, be stubborn and not vote for PAP. And true enough, Yaw won. History was made in the same elections. We were all elated. WP MPs are now in parliament, 6 of them now! Democracy has arrived in Singapore. The people of Hougang and Aljunied have sacrificed for the rest of Singapore. I am so proud of them for that sacrifice. Because we really do need alternative voices in parliament.

Then, the unexpected happened. Yaw was sacked, and Hougang was without an MP, even though WP tried to help out in that area by taking turns with the MPs from Aljunied GRC. Yes, true, PAP also sacked their MPs, some even worse than Yaw, charged for crimes, like frauds, etc. However, like I mention, Hougang is the symbol of TRUE DEMOCRACY -- PEOPLE POWER. We should therefore be true to ourselves. Democracy is not about voting in WP no matter what happened. Then, we are no different from PAP. Yes, PAP made mistakes, but at the same time, 60% of the population are grateful for the good they bring to Singapore, my dad included. 40% of us have taught them a lesson by not voting for them. So who is going to teach WP a lesson? People power is about us, the people, telling the politicians, they better not FAIL US.

PAP failed us, and in the GE2011, we voted and showed to them what we feel. It was the lowest votes they ever received since independence.

WP failed Hougang residents, and in this By Election of 2012, we must also use our power as the people, in a truly democratic fashion, show them how we feel. We want high standards for our politics. If we are slack now, then, in the future, when PAP does something wrong, we will not have a reason to make them accountable as a people.

On top of this, as people with the power, we should also think about the benefits Hougang Residents can derive from Desmond Choo winning this time round. Let Hougang Residents get all the goodies for 4 years. And then come, GE2016, we decide again as a people. Hougang SMC may be dissolved. But so what? If truly the people have the power, and we are going to show it, then it doesn't matter, Aljunied GRC was won by the opposition right?

Furthermore, People Power goes beyond elections. We can show our might, not only through our votes, but through our actions, on a daily basis. We can send letters, emails, write on the walls of these politicians, and let them know how we feel. We can organize events to get the word out about things. There is so much we can do, beyond politics. Many great people who have revolutionized this world are not politicians. They are simple people who do extraordinary things.

People power in this by-election is about voting for people who can make our lives better, not only at national level, but also at the local level. We all have one vote each, and together, we become an invincible force even politicians cannot deny.

Do not vote for WP or PAP for this by-election.

Vote for yourself, your family and your future.

In the last election, the results were as such:

WP Yaw Shin Leong 14,850 votes (64.8%)

PAP Desmond Choo 8,065 votes (35.2%)

Majority 6,785

If PAP wants to win this, they will need to swing 6,785 people. Which I think is possible.

But knowing Hougang, many of the older folks aren't even aware of the politics in that area, including the friends of my parents who remain there.

My personal take is, WP should be punished, the same way we would like PAP to be punished.

Let's take democracy further. Let's show all politicians, the power lies in the people, not the political parties.

I hope from 26th May onwards, Hougang can be upgraded, my schools can be upgraded, the old folks get what they need, and Hougang can be a good home that I had when I was still a child there. Then come GE2016, we'll vote more alternative voices again into parliament. And perhaps, we'll give WP another chance to slap the government. But first, let's slap WP, as the people of this country, for not living up to their expectations. And by 2016, let's hope, they are all wide awake, these politicians. No mercy on them. We are their masters, not the other way round.

PEOPLE POWER! RISE UP!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hougang residents, a beacon of hope and inspiration. Huat Ah!
Posted by The Online Citizen on May 24, 2012 By Jen -

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, who's obviously a veteran in political tactics, has created a distraction by questioning Workers Party if it has been "honest and upfront" over its reply on Hougang candidate Png Eng Huat's previous candidacy for the NCMP post. And following the Piper's tune, the mainstream media played up on this issue with the Straits Times carrying a screaming headline on its front page today (23 May) – "WP faces allegations of dishonesty". ST also dutifully devoted two whole pages (front and inside pages) to attacking Png and WP's "honesty" while less than one page was given to the WP's rally which delivered several newsworthy speeches last night. And ST, by not publishing a single photo showing the large and passionate crowd braving the rain at the rally on Tuesday night, showed its political bias yet again. Isn't this type of news manipulation hiding the truth of the situation from its readers? Talk about honesty indeed.

In watching this "wayang", the saying "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" at others comes to mind. One can also question just how honest and upfront the PAP-led Government has been with the entire nation of citizens over the years. For example, were they honest when minister after minister declared recently that the "majority of Singaporeans" and "average Singaporeans" will not be directly affected by the rising cost of living? And they even said this in Parliament!

Honesty? Upfront? There's plenty to drag out if we want the Government to account to the citizens for how things are run such as why are they using the People's Association network and resources (paid for by public funds) to support the PAP? Why was Hougang deprived of the national upgrading time and again? What's happening with our CPF? How are the HDB flats really priced and why are they so expensive? What are their real reasons for introducing the GRC system and redrawing the electorate boundaries at every election? Can the Government honestly answer these questions and more in detail?

Accountability and honesty are essential factors when evaluating the type of political candidates we want. And this same criteria should also apply to the Government in power.

On the NCMP question raised over Png. Why is it even an issue? Png has stated that he has never wanted to be one in the first place as he does not believe in the NCMP scheme which was concocted by the PAP as a means of circumventing true democracy. As to the PAP attacking Png's choice of words when he explained the situation to the media, frankly it just shows his lack of media savvy and political craftiness rather than dishonesty. Unlike wily old war horses like DPM Teo, Png appears inexperienced in handling a barrage of tricky media questions and situations. And this is an area that all opposition parties can brush up on.

At the end of the day, things should be put in perspective, what does Png not being an NCMP have to do with this by-election? The short answer is "nothing" as he didn't commit any wrongdoings. He should be evaluated based on his qualities and what he and his party can offer to Hougang and Singapore and not about some non-issue.

I am hopeful that the resilient Hougang residents will not be distracted by this NCMP side-show. Hougang residents have shown themselves to be a breed apart from many other Singaporeans over the years as they have braved many hardships in their fight to stand up for democracy.

To many people, Hougang stands as a beacon of hope for Singapore. The fighting spirit and passion of the Hougang residents put many Singaporeans to shame. While many of us have been cowering behind our fear over the decades, they dared to question and to do the right thing. No amount of threats or bullying dampened their fire and spirit.

Hougang residents have much to be proud of as they truly embody the spirit of patriotism, of being willing to make sacrifices for their belief in democracy and for the greater good of the nation. From the young to the elderly who had to walk up stairs in blocks without lift upgrading, the Hougang residents truly inspire. Their actions make many of us reflect on ourselves and question why are they doing this and what we want for our nation.

Do we want an apathetic type of Singaporean who is blind to justice and who only cares about his safety and material comforts? Or do we want to build a people who value the more important principles in life such as courage, passion and righteousness? And just what kind of government do we want for our country? One that is arrogant and focused on the economy and not the people? Or do we want a government that is ethical and which genuinely cares about the well-being of its people?

The PAP government as it stands now has failed to set a good example to the people and it has failed in really listening to the people's hopes, dreams and desires in the building of an inclusive society. Will they change? Can they change? I certainly hope so somehow as they will remain the dominant political party for a long while. If they don't change, I dread to think what kind of society we will be become – materialistic, gutless, selfish and self-serving? I hope not.

Meantime, I am heartened to see the Hougang spirit burning strong and I hope it will burn even brighter in the years ahead. The people there serve as a reminder to all of us that in this materialistic world, there are some crucial things that money should never buy and fear should never strangle – and that is having the courage and passion to fight for our beliefs and the right values.

I am hopeful that come this Saturday when the Hougang residents vote for their Member of Parliament, their spirit will prevail and that they will vote for the right candidate and party that will best aid the growth of a healthy and happy nation.

"Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong." ~James Bryce

Source: Jentrified Citizen

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still put my money on :

WP less than 58%
Pappies less than 40%

All the Teochew , Hokkien , Hainan , Hakka , Cantonese , Hockchiew , Henghua , Mat and ah Neh in Hougang kindly do Sillypore proud again :biggrin:

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think they need any help from us to tell them to be brave. They have been brave for more than 20 years, like the voters in Potong Pasir. I'm confident they will do the right thing. Its some of us who have blinked....

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
BASKET!!

did u all just see that?? tv8 chinese news just censored png eng huat when he was about to make a speech. like that also can?

they allowed excessively airtime to desmond to the extent of even including irrelevant pap minitoots to make scathing speeches. who's standing for the BE by the way?

is this fair?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
now i want u guys to crack your head with this simple equation:

one circle on the right is NO ONE IS TO BE LEFT BEHIND.

one circle on the left is ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU.

put the 2 circles close to each other so that they cut each other with a shared portion in the middle.

what answer do you get?

EVERYONE GETS SCREWED!!

and that's precisely what we get when pap remains in power and give us those empty promises. if u were to add their past blank cheques: SWISS STANDARD, 1ST WORLD GOV and all the exaggeration of what they have done, it all boil down to one big balloon of hot fart. it hasn't exploded yet. when it really does, it's going to stink not only singapore but the entire universe.

one thing they didn't dare to highlight is whether they are really worth their million$.

to you and every singaporeans, do u really think they are worth the money??