• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ALL Foriegners Should Withdraw Their MONIES from S'pore!!!!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have been warned. They can suka suka do anything one. Unbelieveable! Uniquely S'pore!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woman to take mental test
She challenged bank's call to assess her ability to handle $8.9m account
By Selina Lum

A 92-YEAR-OLD woman who sued OCBC Bank for freezing her $8.9 million account has been ordered by the High Court to undergo an independent psychiatric test.

Madam Hwang Cheng Tsu Hsu took OCBC to court after it refused to let her touch the money, on the grounds that it had doubts about her mental capacity.

Last month, a lower court granted OCBC's application for Madam Hwang to be examined by an independent psychiatrist to evaluate whether she was mentally fit to handle her finances.

Madam Hwang then challenged OCBC's move and appealed against the decision, as well as an earlier decision rejecting her request for summary judgment - asking the court to decide without a full trial.

On Tuesday, Justice Tan Lee Meng dismissed her appeal on the summary judgment issue. Her lawyer Andrew Ee then withdrew the appeal against the issue of appointing a psychiatrist.

At the hearing, OCBC's lawyer questioned if Madam Hwang was the one driving the lawsuit.

Why is she vigorously resisting being examined by a court-appointed expert if she is indeed mentally fit to handle her financial affairs, asked Mr Adrian Wong.

'This makes no sense unless the plaintiff (or the true engine behind the suit) is afraid that she will fail a re-examination.'

Madam Hwang's lawyer had pointed out that she had already been found mentally fit by a psychiatrist and a psychologist.

A separate application by Madam Hwang, asking the bank to release $18,000 a month as household expenses, will be heard at a later date.

The sum includes $3,600 for her adopted daughter, who is her caregiver and only child; $1,000 for toiletries; and $3,000 for holidays and entertainment.

The impasse between Madam Hwang and OCBC began in May when she and her daughter, Madam Amy Hsu Ann Mei, 43, went to the bank to ask about opening a joint account. The bank refused.

The women visited OCBC again in May to close Madam Hwang's account. This was also denied.

OCBC later said it had doubts about Madam Hwang's mental capacity.

The bank said it was acting prudently and refused to accept any instructions on any of Madam Hwang's accounts until she was shown to be mentally fit.

She proceeded to sue OCBC to have her locked funds returned.

Please har all you laucheow, pls spend all your money and withdraw your money before you become senile and mentally incapable....very soon your cpf funds also cannot withdraw unless you have a medical certificate of mental soundness!!! wtf is going on here!!! i mad or not mad, it's still my money...who are u to tell me i'm mad and that i'm incapable of making the decisions...if i like i withdraw the cash and give and distribute to everyone..or even burn the money....what's wrong??? got such case or not???

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is to protect the old woman from being fleeced by unscrupulous people around her. It is for her own good and OCBC is acting in good faith.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC will win bec. then the PAP will use the "insanity" excuse to stop older Singaporeans from withdrawing all their CPF.

Just imagine if an old lady of 92 can have the ability to hire a lawyer then it proves she can think clearly. Also her lawyer testify that she is fit.

Why don't give her the "waiver" to sign with the lawyer testifying she is of sound mind.

I just wounder, when the old lady deposited the large amount of money into OCBC, did they question her whether she is of sound mind to deposit such large amount?

From what I read, she can't even access her account for petty cash and daily expenses. Must she commit suicide before the bank would release her money...but then OCBC would investigate on whether she as murdered by the beneficiary.

Or is OCBC having cash problem and cannot pay out such large sum?

Perhaps I should deposit part of my money, say Can $100 million and withdraw by giving them 2 days notice. I will get my lawyer and accountant and the international press and the international banking community to look into every process. Then I will test all the other banks, DBS, UOB and of course POSB.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this case is going to be an important test case for elderly singaporeans...not only 92 yeas old but even younger singaporeans. you go to the bank and you want to withdraw..please may i have your medical certificate of sound mind?????

u don't agree...let us fight it out in court!....

hello, what the hell is going on here???

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
this case is going to be an important test case for elderly singaporeans...not only 92 yeas old but even younger singaporeans. you go to the bank and you want to withdraw..please may i have your medical certificate of sound mind?????

u don't agree...let us fight it out in court!....

hello, what the hell is going on here???

They would like all citizens to constantly live in fear. So you have no time to think about all their wrongs.

Yes the CPF theory also hold some water. They can use this rubbish case to stop CPF withdrawals.

WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE A SINGAPORE CITIZEN?
UNLESS OF COURSE YOU COME FROM HELL OR AH NEI COUNTRY WHICH IS CLOST TO HELL.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bloody idiot, the bank appears to be trying to protect the old lady from being made into a pauper by her adopted daughter:oIo:

You have been warned. They can suka suka do anything one. Unbelieveable! Uniquely S'pore!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woman to take mental test
She challenged bank's call to assess her ability to handle $8.9m account
By Selina Lum

[/COLOR][/B]

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC will win bec. then the PAP will use the "insanity" excuse to stop older Singaporeans from withdrawing all their CPF.

Just imagine if an old lady of 92 can have the ability to hire a lawyer then it proves she can think clearly. Also her lawyer testify that she is fit.

Why don't give her the "waiver" to sign with the lawyer testifying she is of sound mind.

I just wounder, when the old lady deposited the large amount of money into OCBC, did they question her whether she is of sound mind to deposit such large amount?

From what I read, she can't even access her account for petty cash and daily expenses. Must she commit suicide before the bank would release her money...but then OCBC would investigate on whether she as murdered by the beneficiary.

Or is OCBC having cash problem and cannot pay out such large sum?

Perhaps I should deposit part of my money, say Can $100 million and withdraw by giving them 2 days notice. I will get my lawyer and accountant and the international press and the international banking community to look into every process. Then I will test all the other banks, DBS, UOB and of course POSB.
This case cant stand because OCBC has no been appointed by our great leader as JUDGE in legal service.

Bearing in mind that CEO of OCBC is Ang Noh,I would not fault OCBC which is local,but fault the FT policy.

Fair?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when OCBC has a Mental Evaluation Department? I thought all along their freaking business is about finances & wealth creation.
C'mon how much more time does a 92 year old lady have? maybe she wants to use the money to go for a round the world cruise. I hope the person who put a legal gag on this poor lady have his whole family cursed.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bloody idiot, the bank appears to be trying to protect the old lady from being made into a pauper by her adopted daughter:oIo:

One day, you too may need protection from our dear leaders. By that time it is too late.

What I do with my own money is no concern of anyone.

If this old lady were to tell OCBC, I want to convert all $9m into structured products, I think even her thumb print will do.

Like I said, no one in the right mind should put money into our banks. Real pity cos Mr. Wee Cho Yau is a super super true blooded SINGAPOREAN and the honest one who appeared once on TV and told all S'poreans, this crisis is the mother of all crisis. Dont anyhow spend money.

Our dear leaders were still trying to tell you golden stories.

The only protection S'poreans have is YOUR VOTE.

Use it wisely!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't help you if you want to be fleeced and made into a pauper and a sucker. But for this old lady, the bank appears to be genuinely and sincerely acting in her best interests against her dastardly greedy despicable adopted daughter.

One day, you too may need protection from our dear leaders. By that time it is too late.

What I do with my own money is no concern of anyone.

If this old lady were to tell OCBC, I want to convert all $9m into structured products, I think even her thumb print will do.

Like I said, no one in the right mind should put money into our banks. Real pity cos Mr. Wee Cho Yau is a super super true blooded SINGAPOREAN and the honest one who appeared once on TV and told all S'poreans, this crisis is the mother of all crisis. Dont anyhow spend money.

Our dear leaders were still trying to tell you golden stories.

The only protection S'poreans have is YOUR VOTE.

Use it wisely!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't help you if you want to be fleeced and made into a pauper and a sucker. But for this old lady, the bank appears to be genuinely and sincerely acting in her best interests against her dastardly greedy despicable adopted daughter.

Since when OCBC undertake the moral task to "protect" their customers interest without knowing the real intent of what their customers want to do with their monies. Wait a minute, why should OCBC gives a shit on how one should spend the monies? Did jesus give the OCBC SOB a revelation? Or maybe OCBC had a premonition that the 9.2mil will caused the bank to collapse?

rickws8437

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is getting puzzling?? Has it become a norm that banks can decide not the allow the withdrawal of funds if it felt that the despositer is not of sound mind/old age/suspected foul play etc etc.. So now banks has taken over the parental role of safeguarding the monies of weak and feeble old folks. Or maybe the banks thought dat they should be the first one to exploit these old folks like in the case of the Minibonds fiasco...

I think there is a simple solution to this bizzare case. Simply get all the relatives/friends of the woman to be witness to the withdrawal and get her to sign a wavier form and explain all the possible consequences to her/them etc. Taking the matter to court is a wastage of money for both the plantiff and the bank.

singaforever

Alfrescian
Loyal
This case doesn't make sense. If it was $890.00 in her account, would the bank even bother? Bank has much more to lose by allowing her to withdraw her money.

Also cannot understand why the courts are taking the side of the bank. Its like your money is not yours. After the old lady dies, the bank will have to release the money to the next of kin, or are they going to challenge the inheritence too?

<<Scratch head in bewilderment>>

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
They would like all citizens to constantly live in fear. So you have no time to think about all their wrongs.

Yes the CPF theory also hold some water. They can use this rubbish case to stop CPF withdrawals.

WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE A SINGAPORE CITIZEN?
UNLESS OF COURSE YOU COME FROM HELL OR AH NEI COUNTRY WHICH IS CLOST TO HELL.

It's definitely not the citizen money, unless you give up the citizenship. On year 2007, the current PM increase the retirement age to 67 yr old, as his father still refuse to retire even at age of 85. So, by year 2037, will they increase the retirement age to 75 yrs old??? So, for young people, you can almost forget about getting your CPF money.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Move all your money to somewhere safe buy not with Singapore banks !

They are now behaving like CPF board !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

They want to hold, blackmail and exploit workers with wealth and bind them with policies set by people with power and rank !

So they sit up there with a easy life !

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The is bank is protecting taxpayer's money lah... cos should the old lady squandered or got cheated..... taxpayer's money should not be used to feed her till her grave......:biggrin::biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
assuming that the old lady dies tomorrow, what will happen to her money?

okay there is a will, if any.

then the will can also be challenged - made under duress or with an unsound mind???

is there no end to such thing? in the end, who will be the beneficiary??? the court will decide? donate to charity the best!!!