• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

sofiaamelia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying car with full cash

Need some advise from seniors here.

I bought a new proton and i paid a small amount of deposit RM1k.

As a SG, i am buying it with full cash as we arent allow to get loan.

So the car has arrived and the proton guy told me to go to the bank and get the cashier's order (under company name) then pass to him. Which he will issue a receipt to me.

After which 2 working days later then i can get my car as they will process registration of the car to me.

I had an impression is you give full amount and you drive the car away on the day.

Please advise.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying car with full cash

So the car has arrived and the proton guy told me to go to the bank and get the cashier's order (under company name) then pass to him. Which he will issue a receipt to me.

After which 2 working days later then i can get my car as they will process registration of the car to me.

I had an impression is you give full amount and you drive the car away on the day.

Please advise.

Singaporean must pay full cash for Malaysian car? Confirm correct? If like that I kiss bye bye to my dream car liao. And mine is just a small dream 小小的梦想. OK, a Hyundai Starex is not exactly small dream but compared to owning a comparable Singapore car, it is lah....

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean must pay full cash for Malaysian car? Confirm correct? If like that I kiss bye bye to my dream car liao. And mine is just a small dream 小小的梦想. OK, a Hyundai Starex is not exactly small dream but compared to owning a comparable Singapore car, it is lah....

No la I enquire before singaporean can take loan but only 70% and must have a malaysia address

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please advise.

for a minute there i read "Buying a car full of cash"

if it's the authorized proton dealer (ie proper showroom, lots of people around etc - is it still "proton edar" ?) should be ok moreover you have the s&p doc and paper trail. malaysia really isn't THAT BAD or untrustworthy buying stuff, you know. why areon't you allowed to get loan?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

No la I enquire before singaporean can take loan but only 70% and must have a malaysia address

70% is the normal rate, my friends and myself have taken up to 80%. The actual rate that one can get of course also depends on the individual and the banks approving the loan.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Please advise.

Being from SG doesn't mean that one can't get a bank loan so i am not sure why you couldn't. Congrats on the car purchase though.
They will need to get JPJ approval for the registration, etc so it typically may be 1-2 days depending on how fast they clear it.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kana Accident how ar?

Fully agree.

Wonder why that happens tho.

Just across the Causeway.

What a difference a border crossing makes.

Actually, when you think it over, we got killer rains in Sg, too. It is just that we happen to be indoors watching it rain through the windows.

Car trips in SG are very short and brief. Malaysia, 4-hour drives are commonplace. Can run into some really insane storms in those 4 hours and hundreds of kilometres.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Anyone know any good spray painting workshop to recommend ? May be getting a proton wira , tomorrow go and test drive the car coz Saturday went to see but never try. Reason price to steep after negotiation dealer willing to go down price but still exceed my budget. Interior n exterior condition good but the color of the car is red. Wanted to change to another not so striking color. Maybe matte army green color. :smile: any recommendation

Thank you in advance.

Danny

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and Sis, anyone using "Groovy car fit sun shade" here.. is it good?
Thinking of getting one.:smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please advise.

As you had already mentioned, the car dealer need to register the new car under your name hence the 2 working days requirement.
Usually, if you had given them the cashier order early morning, by the next morning, you can drive your new car away.
If personal cheque, they will wait till the cheque is cleared (usually about 3 days) then proceed with registration.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all,

Anyone know any good spray painting workshop to recommend ? May be getting a proton wira , tomorrow go and test drive the car coz Saturday went to see but never try. Reason price to steep after negotiation dealer willing to go down price but still exceed my budget. Interior n exterior condition good but the color of the car is red. Wanted to change to another not so striking color. Maybe matte army green color. :smile: any recommendation
Thank you in advance.

Danny

There are 2 i would say is pretty good, one is Ah Poh, in the lane after the Overseas Tyre (Michellin) shop and another one is Ah Bao, in the same lane right at the very end.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi bro.

Pardon me. I saw your message wrongly. Ok tomorrow I will go to the Michelin shop lane there and check. Thank so precious info for me. Cheers. Bro

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi bro.

Pardon me. I saw your message wrongly. Ok tomorrow I will go to the Michelin shop lane there and check. Thank so precious info for me. Cheers. Bro

No worries, let me know if you need any assistance on this. One sedan they quoted me 1600 for whole car same colour and about 2k for different. Can check with both of them and select the one that suits you the most. I have used both personally.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, let me know if you need any assistance on this. One sedan they quoted me 1600 for whole car same colour and about 2k for different. Can check with both of them and select the one that suits you the most. I have used both personally.

Thank you bro,

Can you PM me your contact so that if I cant find or I need any assistance I can reach for you. hope it wont trouble you.

Cheers bro thank you so much and appreciated!

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro i PM my contact to you Liao. Thank you. I got so many things to ask you hehhehehe

MalSin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kopi Kong,
How did you export the SG car? Did you drive thru' the Tuas Checkpoint after getting the export document endorsed or Towed to Johor?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kopi Kong,
How did you export the SG car? Did you drive thru' the Tuas Checkpoint after getting the export document endorsed or Towed to Johor?

First you need an AP from Malaysia government.
Then only you can import into Malaysia.
Your AP must state the port as tanjung kupang which is 2nd link.
Then when you drive through, get Singapore custom to endorsed you are exporting the car when driving through 2nd link.
At the Malaysian side, you need the local freight agent to have all the import document for the custom and the inspection of engine and chassis number.
After that, you need to go for a vehicle roadworthy inspection at pustacom.
No tinted wind shields and windows are allowed.
I rent clear windscreen from a local workshop for the inspection and changed back after inspection.
After pass the inspection tgen only go for the registration of the car to Malaysia plate.
All these are handled by my Malaysian freight agent. Best you checked with them the rates for doing the above.

sofiaamelia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have gotten my car last week.

Just want to share w u guys my exp.

First i paid a 500rm deposit instead of 10% as i am buying using cash.

The documents needed are ic, pp and driving lic.

*Please note if u have a MY bank acct, u can only dep or withdraw 10k RM daily over the counter. Unless u do it at the branch where u open ur acct.

Once car has arrived, i went to my PB and bought the Cashier's order. Once i pass to the dealer (which i worried he makan my money, however the dealer is Yong Ming which according to the bank's staff is one of the biggest NEW car dealer in Malaysia), the chq requires 3days to clear plus 1 day to register your car.

I bought Proton and it tooks two months for the car to come.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
First you need an AP from Malaysia government.
Then only you can import into Malaysia.
Your AP must state the port as tanjung kupang which is 2nd link.
Then when you drive through, get Singapore custom to endorsed you are exporting the car when driving through 2nd link.
At the Malaysian side, you need the local freight agent to have all the import document for the custom and the inspection of engine and chassis number.
After that, you need to go for a vehicle roadworthy inspection at pustacom.
No tinted wind shields and windows are allowed.
I rent clear windscreen from a local workshop for the inspection and changed back after inspection.
After pass the inspection tgen only go for the registration of the car to Malaysia plate.
All these are handled by my Malaysian freight agent. Best you checked with them the rates for doing the above.

how is the cost new vs import? Eg. buy a new toyota innova vs import 9 years old toyota picnic from Singapore. Advise & Thanks