• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thks for the tip Wuqi; almost wanted to pay at the post office. Anyway, I deserved getting the summon.....I think haha

You can try but normally the fastest is to go there to pay it as the system in POS may not accept it/pending system update and you get half the fine if you pay within a week or so. No one deserves it but sadly part of life. First time i went to PJ, got a 100 RM fine during CNY period. When i went to pay, it was reduced to 30 RM.

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi, thanks for the help once again, will check out the place tomorrow after i sign my SPA@TKK.

Tebrau Jusco has this but i would get from HK, under the brand name EONON, reasonably good system and price about 700 plus RM.
Some models will have TV as well, i got a few sets and until now still working well. They also have the DVD system for the head rest
so your kids can watch movies at the back.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/D2216-Eo...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43af8d3ced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12108613951...ideo&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item1c314bdc7a&vxp=mtr

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Kana Accident how ar?

Speaking of accidents, almost got into a terrible one myself.

Just barely 10 mins ago, i was driving to fetch my wife and kids after just having my late lunch. Terrible thunderstorm came just as i was trying to fetch them, i was driving quite fast on the highway and suddenly have a vision of myself in blood in an upside down vehicle and still worrying about my wife and kids.

I slowed down and all was well as i kept to a safe speed. Suddenly about 20 seconds later, my car suddenly lost control and veered from the extreme right lane to the extreme left lane. I pressed the hazard light button to warn others, stepped on the brakes and the brakes resisted as the ABS kicked in. Instead of trying to over compensate, i let it go where it wanted, slowly step on the brakes and steered it slowly back. Just as i was gaining control, it suddenly went to the other direction and tried to hit a vehicle in front of me.

I slowly turned with it before turning it back to straightened the wheel and then i braked very gently. Suddenly regained control and narrowly missed the left most barrier, i think i startled the poor fella in front of me.

Just had my tyres replaced a couple of months back and i wasn't going that fast but seriously i will keep the speed down in the rain. Arrived and told my wife what happened and told her i won't be going out anymore today.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi, thanks for the help once again, will check out the place tomorrow after i sign my SPA@TKK.

Sure no problem. Just glad to be back and still living. Almost had an accident, still a bit shaken but was able to make it back.
Thinking back, if i had braked hard, my car would have flipped, if i had steered the other way, it would have flipped as well. I went
with the direction the car wanted before steering it back.

It all went automatically for me though the car went out of control twice, really count myself lucky.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Wuqi is very helpful and nice. We all should have some understanding it is not easy to moderate everything that is said here. The responsibilities for making appropriate comments lies with the first party. We all should try support bro Wuqi to moderate as he could.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speaking of accidents, almost got into a terrible one myself.

Just barely 10 mins ago, i was driving to fetch my wife and kids after just having my late lunch. Terrible thunderstorm came just as i was trying to fetch them, i was driving quite fast on the highway and suddenly have a vision of myself in blood in an upside down vehicle and still worrying about my wife and kids.

I slowed down and all was well as i kept to a safe speed. Suddenly about 20 seconds later, my car suddenly lost control and veered from the extreme right lane to the extreme left lane. I pressed the hazard light button to warn others, stepped on the brakes and the brakes resisted as the ABS kicked in. Instead of trying to over compensate, i let it go where it wanted, slowly step on the brakes and steered it slowly back. Just as i was gaining control, it suddenly went to the other direction and tried to hit a vehicle in front of me.

I slowly turned with it before turning it back to straightened the wheel and then i braked very gently. Suddenly regained control and narrowly missed the left most barrier, i think i startled the poor fella in front of me.

Just had my tyres replaced a couple of months back and i wasn't going that fast but seriously i will keep the speed down in the rain. Arrived and told my wife what happened and told her i won't be going out anymore today.

It seemed you run into puddles of water at high speed(strong cross winds could be the cause too). Glad you are ok.

Last edited:

AADC6970

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure no problem. Just glad to be back and still living. Almost had an accident, still a bit shaken but was able to make it back.
Thinking back, if i had braked hard, my car would have flipped, if i had steered the other way, it would have flipped as well. I went

It all went automatically for me though the car went out of control twice, really count myself lucky.

glad you are safe.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gosh! Wuqi, thank God you were not speeding and kept your cool. Obviously someone up there is looking after you too - take care Bro.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was involved in a minor accident last week, and has reported to police. It is now deemed that I am the offending party and I need to pay a fine of RM300. Was told to pay at a police station in Gelang Petah. Is there anyway to pay this online?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I was involved in a minor accident last week, and has reported to police. It is now deemed that I am the offending party and I need to pay a fine of RM300. Was told to pay at a police station in Gelang Petah. Is there anyway to pay this online?

Sorry to hear, go online to myeg.com.my to pay

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bro Wuqi is very helpful and nice. We all should have some understanding it is not easy to moderate everything that is said here. The responsibilities for making appropriate comments lies with the first party. We all should try support bro Wuqi to moderate as he could.

Thanks a lot for your kind understanding.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks bro Odyssey, some how some way, I really do feel looked after, either that or just super lucky. Just now a glass of hot water burst in my hands but I am ok but the table side was a mess. Just finished cleaning with a mop. Too much excitement for me today.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

It seemed you run into puddles of water at high speed(strong cross winds could be the cause too). Glad you are ok.

Yes, I checked the tyres and they were fine so likely it's the water or aqua planing, basically the car was not under my control for at least 6-10 seconds and another 5-7 seconds after that. This year may bring about accidents so I will just drive slowly and extra carefully from now on. Saw a lot of accident vehicles recently. Safe travels on the road everyone.

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
glad u r safe wuqi.
i was on my way to TKK and also quite dangerous cos unfamiliar with route and luckily traffic was not heavy.
managed to send my car to audio shop n they rectified error, labour was rm15.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sorry to hear about your experience, no excuses for him in that case. My earlier experience was really different though and he kept recommending me cheaper stuff and don't need to change this, that etc. Apologies for recommending a lemon. :(

today my bro in law parked his lancer car at one side n walked over to his shop to check e price for alarm . and he was quoted rm200 , maybe he sounds n dressed like local. so price set n drove e car over n get it done in 1 hr.
lesson learnt , never drive sg car plate to the shop first.

Last edited:

barra10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all,

I drive frequently to Johor recently and am thinking of investing in a car lock to secure my car against any thef.
Can anyone advise whether it is practical ?
Also, where can I get a good car lock and what is the costs ?
Appreciate all response. Thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi to all,

I drive frequently to Johor recently and am thinking of investing in a car lock to secure my car against any thef.
Can anyone advise whether it is practical ?
Also, where can I get a good car lock and what is the costs ?
Appreciate all response. Thanks

Go for LockTact where possible especially if they do make it for your vehicle make/model. inslock.jpg

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi wuqi,
would you recommend a used car dealer in Johor ?
where can I go - to view most selection of cars ?
I'm looking to buy a reliable, pre-owned car
Thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks a lot...what's the cost of this and where can I get it ?

The accessories shop i frequent near the S11 coffeeshop has quite a few of this and the green battery from India but i didn't buy it. He has some nifty day running lights though.