• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mulling over a new car vs used car in JB when my Singapore car gets scrapped next year. What are the brothers' experiences and choices made in this area? What kind of loan quantum and loan duration can a Singaporean get on a new car or a used one, can share?:smile:

Just get a 1st hand Myvi. Cheap, gd and high resale value.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toyota Wish, Mazda 8 or Toyota Estima are good.

Proton Exora cheap but under powered.

Perodua Alza not recommended.

Thanks. What kind of loan quantum and loan duration can a Singaporean get on a new car or a used one, can share?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. What kind of loan quantum and loan duration can a Singaporean get on a new car or a used one, can share?

Not sure on bank loan requirements in Malaysia. Best is for you to visit showrooms in JB and ask.
Some car dealers have financial arrangements with banks.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that some of the 2nd hand cars listed for sales have very low mileage. Example, this 4 years old Audi with only 20,000km.... How can it be? Malaysia is a much bigger country than Singapore. My 4 years car already registering 120,000km.

http://www.carlist.my/used-cars/1776677/2011-audi-a6-sline-quattro-a-3-0-unreg-.html

Those are imported used cars. People in Europe or Japan change cars like changing clothes.
My advice is to buy those popular models cos it canbe easily repaired. However, check and see if those cars are suitable for local conditions.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
..Proton Exora cheap but under powered..
Get the Turbo then.
Had mine since launch now almost four years no problem just regular service.

Pros: Reliable. Fantastic value. Space. Coldest aircon ever. Safety (latest model comes with ESP). I was hit from behind while slowing down to join a highway jam. Radiator of the car behind met his compatriot, the battery. My Exora just a scratch on the rear bumper cover. Underneath was a solid beam now slightly bent.

Cons: Consumption could be better.

The other MPV Iwas considering as it to offers a better drive and safety features is the Peugeot 5008.
But at RM150,000, it is not worth 2 times the price of the Exora.

The only MPV I'm seriously looking as a worthwhile upgrade to the Exora is the Benz R300L.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the Turbo then.
Had mine since launch now almost four years no problem just regular service.

Pros: Reliable. Fantastic value. Space. Coldest aircon ever. Safety (latest model comes with ESP). I was hit from behind while slowing down to join a highway jam. Radiator of the car behind met his compatriot, the battery. My Exora just a scratch on the rear bumper cover. Underneath was a solid beam now slightly bent.

Cons: Consumption could be better.

The other MPV Iwas considering as it to offers a better drive and safety features is the Peugeot 5008.
But at RM150,000, it is not worth 2 times the price of the Exora.

The only MPV I'm seriously looking as a worthwhile upgrade to the Exora is the Benz R300L.

I call this car Campro tak pro...lol

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, anyone can share what loan quantum (% of finance) and loan period that Singaporeans can normally get to buy MY cars?