• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

I am looking to buy, the lowest priced 1.6litre car in Malaysia. Say, not more than 3 years old. Any recommendations ? Thanks

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Loan rate can check with salesman when you inquire on the brand/model you desire.

You can use this website (similar to SGcarmart) to work out your sums:
http://www.autoworld.com.my/v2/tools/pcmi_calc.asp

I bought a >10yrs old car so like SG, cannot take loan and settled in cash.

what car have u buy? I am thinking to buy a kancil or kelisa just for doing grocery and running errand.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Car Respray in JB

If anyone knows of a good car respray workshop to recommend, please share. The name of the workshop and address will be most helpful.

Thank you.

Last edited:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Car Respray in JB

There are 2 shop in Selesa Jaya I find the workmanship not too bad.

I do not have the address or phone number. only know how to go there.

After Petronas selesa jaya station turn left then turn left again.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

If anyone knows of a good car respray workshop to recommend, please share. The name of the workshop and address will be most helpful.

Thank you.

Just in Bukit Indah area, already got 3 near the Moon light cafe, in the back rows. Lots of cars which are being resprayed.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks very much for the replies. I will check them out.

There is one in the middle, one chap named Ah Poh or something. Priced at reasonable rates. Cheaper than the Perling ones that i asked for quotes from. But of course, cheapest is not everything but if you asked pretty specifically, how many coats, type/country of the laquer and coverage area, you should have a rough idea. I learnt everything the hard way so i hope the informatio i found from getting hard knocks will save everyone here some pain.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I am looking to buy, the lowest priced 1.6litre car in Malaysia. Say, not more than 3 years old. Any recommendations ? Thanks

Since your criteria is cheapest. Get a Perodua Alza if you want to carry a bit more, cheap and good but 1.5l. Else a Proton maybe?
What is your budget like?

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is one in the middle, one chap named Ah Poh or something. Priced at reasonable rates. Cheaper than the Perling ones that i asked for quotes from. But of course, cheapest is not everything but if you asked pretty specifically, how many coats, type/country of the laquer and coverage area, you should have a rough idea. I learnt everything the hard way so i hope the informatio i found from getting hard knocks will save everyone here some pain.

Excellent. Thanks again for the reply :-)

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

ah bao is not bad if u r not fussy , i recomended my friend 's friend to go when she wanted a respray for the whole car , but they are not really satisified with the overall paint works and its abt RM2.2k for a swift car. And ah bao's attitude is like this is only what i can do when they feedbacks abt the some parts not sprayed etc ....
but i am quite okay with his work for his price....

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am just respraying the rear bumper. Got badly scratched when I reversed against a *%@# pillar. I am such a klutz ... LOL.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Toyota Silver Metallic. I think the color code is 1D4.

he should be able to match it , this yr i have visited him 3 times liao , going again soon to respray front bumper again due to a stupid lorry FW driver !!! time to apply membership from ah bao ...

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

he should be able to match it , this yr i have visited him 3 times liao , going again soon to respray front bumper again due to a stupid lorry FW driver !!! time to apply membership from ah bao ...

Sorry to hear that. Can you PM the name of Ah Bao's workshop? I just want to be sure it is the correct one. I searched MyCarForum.sg and I see there is a BTS Painting Workshop in that vicinity being discussed. It's probably not the same one.

Thanks alot.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok , Ah Poo's address : No.11 Jalan Indah 16/11, Taman Bukit Indah 81200 JB , HP: 017 747 2940

When u are in between moonlight n one station small lane , turn left and a few shops u will see it ...
ask his price first , if more than RM170 , said its ms white avante recommend one ...
else u can also go further down to check another price or the shop beside him ...

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok , Ah Poo's address : No.11 Jalan Indah 16/11, Taman Bukit Indah 81200 JB , HP: 017 747 2940

When u are in between moonlight n one station small lane , turn left and a few shops u will see it ...
ask his price first , if more than RM170 , said its ms white avante recommend one ...
else u can also go further down to check another price or the shop beside him ...

Thanks Crystal, you're a true gem.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Friends,
almost one month back, i drove my brother's Malaysian registered Toyota Innova to Kluang and caught by Speed cam. The summon with photograph of the car was sent by post. The Speed was just 11km above the 110km/J limit (121km/J) and was fined RM150. As it was more than 30 days, the fine was escalating to RM300. Please advise on where to pay and possible of appealing?
From my understandings, my friend SG cars were summoned 5 times, each exceeding more than 150km/j and yet he didn't even bother to pay, and that was years back. I think I better drive using SG car to prevent summon.

Last edited: