• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aljunied GRC MPs Outreach...

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
residents of Aljunied GRC
This is so called the WP toward ' 1st world parliament ' !!!!! WP is a Silent Party
Vote wisely in 2016 for a true and real opposition party

from TR Emeritius

Realist:
November 5, 2014 at 11:26 am (Quote)
Why should WP MPs risk their comfortable 15k/month salary and stir shit in Parliament ?
They get paid for saying and doing nothing which is a better deal than opposing the PAP.
However come 2016, these wayang MPs will emerge from their hibernation and start to stir some shit. Just wait and see.

======================================================

WP just like an idiot...:
November 5, 2014 at 3:28 pm (Quote)

Forget about WP, LTK best friend of LKY, no balls MP. He has been in parliament 20 over years what has he done? LHL loves him so much because WP only WAYANG and roar like a lion only in GE rally. The whole party is like a church mouse, anyone will think the WP is PAP. Do not put your hope on WP, already shown after all these years they are not a good opposition, they are happy to collect $16000 salary and be a seat warmer. Vote SDP, SFP or KJ.

=====================================================
Wayang Party:
November 5, 2014 at 4:38 pm (Quote)

WP is Wayang Party – once in a while perform some “heated argument” with PAP members to con the voters that they are against PAP/PAP policies.
Pay attention and watch their performance, any fool can see that they are a secret branch of the PAP. Just wayang to fool voters.
Remember what LTK said? …… PAP will rule for another 50 years.
Which genuine oppo member would say this? When he said this, he seemed to be quite pleased about it.
All genuine oppo parties would certainly aim to take over the govt if possible – only WP expects & quite happy that PAP will rule for another 50 years….. ANOTHER 50 years ! It has to be pro-PAP for him to conceive in his mind !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WP is weak:
November 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm (Quote)

Sad to say WP is a very weak opposition. Against the PAP in Parliament u cant just sit there and talk. WP got to stand up and challenge the issues that are posing problems for Singaporeans in a much stronger way. WP should show they are there in the Parliament and they are worth to be counted. When JBJ was in Parliament , PAP would shiver. JBJ would ask questions on PAP’s policies and PAP wouldn’t be able to answer it. JBJ was one man. But he was intelligent and smart. He asked all the right questions. He asked probing question. But in this WP they don’t have anyone of such caliber.

===================================================

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]14.11.06 Paya Lebar Division Health Talk[/h]Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 7, 2014 at 10:38pm" data-utime="1415371113" class="timestamp">17 hours ago</abbr>

Photo Credit: Adrian Sim

10802029_791343367593546_6567617461274409711_n.jpg

10802029_791343370926879_3686932353898008766_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

WP is weak:
November 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm (Quote)

Sad to say WP is a very weak opposition. Against the PAP in Parliament u cant just sit there and talk. WP got to stand up and challenge the issues that are posing problems for Singaporeans in a much stronger way. WP should show they are there in the Parliament and they are worth to be counted. When JBJ was in Parliament , PAP would shiver. JBJ would ask questions on PAP’s policies and PAP wouldn’t be able to answer it. JBJ was one man. But he was intelligent and smart. He asked all the right questions. He asked probing question. But in this WP they don’t have anyone of such caliber.

======================================================

tan Yan Ren:
November 6, 2014 at 9:28 pm (Quote)

Singaporeans are NOT fools …do you understand Low thia kiang??/You are irresponsible since you and your WP had until NOW said nothing about ALL our Singaporean unhappiness and problems with the PAP poicies and management style..Besides having bashed PAP for the policies , dont think WP are going to get away with just saying nothing and NON committal!!you are a bunch of irresponsible opposition . I will attack WP ALSO at the election s if you insist on keeping quiet!!!come election time…….Singaporeans did NOT VOTE WP to look Pretty and dumb and Deaf like the PAP Mps…..like the saying ..I WILL NOT agree to a FREE LUNCH…. the most..LETS ALL DIE Together if you insist on “cheating your supporters who vote for you”by not representing them by voicing their concerns. To be honest lately i begin DETESTING you and the WP for their indifferent attitude towards the Singaporean’s concerns . I am Sure many are too!!
BY keeping quiet is not only a betrayal of your Singaporean supporters, but by NOT agreeing to a join effort with other parties tells a lot about the workers Party..that they cannot be trusted to establish some form of power in Singapore because they will be NO BETTER than the PAP.The swing in support sentiments MUST be toward s other opposition parties to thwart the arrogance of the WP for betraying those who vote for you!!! BETTER Wake UP WP!!!!or the anger will be directed at you at the polls!!!!

=====================================================

workers party once upon a time was capable of shooting questions and headache to xxx party
but now workers party is substituted with a silent Teowchew council.
16K FOR VISITING FUNERAL AND WEDDING is

=========================================================

KEN:
November 8, 2014 at 8:24 am (Quote)

I used to support WP but recently WP indeed disappoint me.
As an opposition party, she should voice out and be involved in some of the issues faced by normal citizens.
But instead tehy were silent and showed no interest at all. Perhaps tehy don’t liek to rock the boat or expose themselves to current issues.
I think WP only awakes during election time. After that they just mind their own party business and show little interest in anything else.
Well, next election I will also be not interested in them and not vote for them too.

=================================================

WP is a Silent Party
Throw out WP at Aljunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Need a credible government? Think again!

watcher:
November 12, 2014 at 9:49 am (Quote)

WP has gone to bed with PAP. Only at election time, they wayang a bit. Not surprised that they are known as the Wayang Party. If they cannot speak on bread and butter issues for the masses, cost of living, employment, eerily silence on CPF issues, why are they in politics? Only busy thrashing out hawker centre cleaning issues with the authorities, and going to court over Chinese New Year event. If I were PAP, I will keep nicpicking on them, make them look bad. Afterall, that is the perception I get from them, a Weak Party, easy pushovers in parliament.
I have never voted for the PAP. The Weak Party is a disappointment. Perhaps LTK is happy to be the sultan of his little GRC. I look forward to more outspoken opposition leaders like CSJ, TJS and KJ.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP need to debate Us:
November 12, 2014 at 1:40 pm (Quote)

Instead of hiding , and procrastinating or lamenting how netizens are beginning to criticize WP,
WP should start coming out of its hiding place and reason with netizens.
1. There are solid , good reasons why WP is being criticized . They cannot just demand people not to criticize it using reasons like so that they can win . Will they not become another MIW if they continue their ways?
2. This is not a Dictatorship. WP cannot demand we censor ourselves for its political interest.
3. Politics is about debate . If you LOSE a debate, thats just that.
If you Dare Not debate, thats just that. If you Don’t Want To debate, thats just your problem.
I think Chen Show Mao the new citizen is underperforming.
He has not voiced up much.
Maybe he voiced up a lot in his sleep or during 1-to-1 MPS sessions. But thats not living up to our Expectations.
$16K salaries should not be so easy to earn.
This is Immoral and Unethical while being perfectly LEGAL at the same time. Thus, Legality.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]14.11.06 Paya Lebar Division Health Talk[/h]Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 7, 2014 at 10:38pm" data-utime="1415371113" class="timestamp">last Friday</abbr>

10802029_791343374260212_8398138665634000910_n.jpg

10802029_791343377593545_935012937967851100_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

watcher:

WP has gone to bed with PAP. Only at election time, they wayang a bit. Not surprised that they are known as the Wayang Party. If they cannot speak on bread and butter issues for the masses, cost of living, employment, eerily silence on CPF issues, why are they in politics? Only busy thrashing out hawker centre cleaning issues with the authorities, and going to court over Chinese New Year event. If I were PAP, I will keep nicpicking on them, make them look bad. Afterall, that is the perception I get from them, a Weak Party, easy pushovers in parliament.
I have never voted for the PAP. The Weak Party is a disappointment. Perhaps LTK is happy to be the sultan of his little GRC. I look forward to more outspoken opposition leaders like CSJ, TJS and KJ.

================================================== =

WP need to debate Us:

Instead of hiding , and procrastinating or lamenting how netizens are beginning to criticize WP,
1. There are solid , good reasons why WP is being criticized . They cannot just demand people not to criticize it using reasons like so that they can win . Will they not become another MIW if they continue their ways?
2. This is not a Dictatorship. WP cannot demand we censor ourselves for its political interest.
If you Dare Not debate, thats just that. If you Don’t Want To debate, thats just your problem.
Maybe he voiced up a lot in his sleep or during 1-to-1 MPS sessions. But thats not living up to our Expectations.
This is Immoral and Unethical while being perfectly LEGAL at the same time. Thus, Legality.[/COLO

================================================== =====

slacker:
November 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm (Quote)

Can Gerald Giam PLEASE comment on Lim Hng Kiang’s replies, preferably in Parliament???
No point posting such Q&A online and let us draw our own conclusions.
To a simple layman like me, it seemed that Ah Lim did not fully address Gerald’s questions.
Since there is no follow-up, my simple conclusion is that WP cannot be the SOLE co-driver.
WP alone as co-driver is a HOPELESS situation!
We still get BULLIED by the PAP and their shameless cronies!!!
We need OTHER OPPOSITION PARTIES like RP, NSP, SDP, SFP and SPP in Parliament to ‘slap’ the heartless PAP.
May the e**l PAP and their cronies like Yang Yin, Roger Zhang and Xiaxue burn in hell when they die.
Majullah Singapura!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]14.11.06 Paya Lebar Division Health Talk[/h]Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 7, 2014 at 10:38pm" data-utime="1415371113" class="timestamp">last Friday</abbr>

10802029_791343380926878_3158553556387661354_n.jpg

10802021_791344350926781_1876580411079369564_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

watcher:

================================================== =

WP need to debate Us:

This is Immoral and Unethical while being perfectly LEGAL at the same time. Thus, Legality.

================================================== =====

slacker:
November 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm (Quote)

Can Gerald Giam PLEASE comment on Lim Hng Kiang’s replies, preferably in Parliament???
No point posting such Q&A online and let us draw our own conclusions.
To a simple layman like me, it seemed that Ah Lim did not fully address Gerald’s questions.
Since there is no follow-up, my simple conclusion is that WP cannot be the SOLE co-driver.
WP alone as co-driver is a HOPELESS situation!
We still get BULLIED by the PAP and their shameless cronies!!!
We need OTHER OPPOSITION PARTIES like RP, NSP, SDP, SFP and SPP in Parliament to ‘slap’ the heartless PAP.
May the e**l PAP and their cronies like Yang Yin, Roger Zhang and Xiaxue burn in hell when they die.
Majullah Singapura!

================================================== ====

Joe Teo C C B:
November 13, 2014 at 12:40 am (Quote)

50 years of lessons we get from PAP teaches us one thing.
That is, SG should never rely on just 1 party.
If WP becomes ruling party, its very likely that they will become another PAP. Just look at how stubborn WP is now. It does not even entertain the opposition supporters who invited them to attend protests as peaceful attendees.
They made very bold claim to be the co-driver who slaps the driver.
LTK freezes.
What credibility does WP have other than ability to give rhetorics?
Its very easy to talk rhetorics. Any dick can do that.
Just say what the people want to hear.
WP also has been distancing from other opposition.
Even when its not a ruling party it is already so snobbish .
I think they placed their party interest above ours.
WP is still useful. But I have to be honest and not anyhow make claims like WP.
WP has not lived up to what it promised.
WP is not the solution. Its only a calafaire. A Wayang.
It does not have the courage to speak up on some of the main issues.
I do not expect WP can lead successfully as a ruling party. It does not have the right DNA.
To prevent another PAP, we need MULTI-PARTY VIEWS and Opposition Alliance. We need a mature 2 party system.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Low and residents of Aljunied GRC and Punggol East SMC at 三亚,海口,兴隆. Stopped at 南海观音,南山 for a group photo!

10635809_783821731679043_4834123681782622906_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Lim Suzan:
November 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm (Quote)

WP, I voted for you in last 3elections.
I stood in the rain, m&d and sun For you.
I clapped and shouted for you.
What have you DELIVERED for me ?
Stop Hiding and come out and tell me.
We are Lambasting WP just like how your BERNIE BOY lambasted Roy. Rightfully or not.
Its called TOUGH LOVE.

You know you are guilty of not doing a good job as the Co-driver which you claimed you are.
It would not be good if you become ruling party .
I feel that as ruling party you would be even more ARROGANT AND NOT LISTEN TO US AND NOT RESPOND TO US.
Its sad that Gerald is serving WP.
He deserves a better opposition party to allow him better express his talents.
Gerald was better as a Blogger.
WP :
1. Arrogant
2. Unresponsive to citizens
3. Getting Elitist
4. Intentionally distancing from other Opposition.
5. pap in the making. Already it supports several pap policies.
This is why, giving away Absolute power can lead to a run away train uncontrollable situation where citizens are disenfranchised and feel powerless helpless voiceless.
We thus need a Check and Balancing of powers.
No more SG with a ruling party like PAP.
NO MORE AUTHORITARIANISM.
Absolute parliament powers means everything in the Constitution can be changed , potentially. Can elections be banned? Think again!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aljunied GRC

[h=1]22 - 27.10.2014: Hainan, China Cultural Tour[/h]Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 14, 2014 at 1:20pm" data-utime="1415942429" class="timestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> · Taken in Hainan, Hainan, China

Between 22 and 27 October 2014, Aljunied GRC Member of Parliament, Mr. Low Thia Khiang and 113 residents from Hougang, Aljunied and Punggol East constituency embarked on a 6 days tour of Hainan Island, China. Upon arrival in Haikou, the residents were taken to the Haikou city centre and from their vantage point on the bus; they were able to look out at the beautiful scenery offered by the longest river in Hainan Island, Nandu River.

Despite the tight schedule, an exciting itinerary awaits the residents. Over the course of six days, residents visited Hainan city, Xinglong county and Sanya city. In Hainan city, residents had the opportunity to visit Hai Xiu Commericial Street, Wu Gong Ci, the “No. 1 Building in Hainan” and the Hainan Province museum. En-route to Xinglong county, residents visited the Bo’ao water city and passed through the Bo’ao Forum for Asia, and they were treated to the most famous scenic spots on Hainan Island, the Jade Belt Beach. The Tropical Botanical Garden at Xinglong County was the key highlight of the residents’ stay at Xinlong county.

There was one destination that residents most look forward to on the trip – the Guanyin of the South Sea of Sanya, a 108-metre statue of the Buddhist figure Avalokitevara, and currently the fourth largest statue in the world. At Sanya city, residents also explored the Li & Miao Cultural Village and the Dadonghai Tourism Area. Before returning to Hainan city, residents were treated to a musical extravaganza, the “Legend of Romance” at Romance Park Sanya.

On the morning of the 27th, with bountiful hearts and a heavy luggage in toll, the residents returned to Singapore. A bountiful trip with many new friendships formed and beautiful memories to share with loved ones.

Reported by: Bernard Chen
Photo credit: Ihsan

10383632_794976593896890_7859033331044880839_n.jpg

12780_794976687230214_7581802812938609418_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aljunied GRC

22 - 27.10.2014: Hainan, China Cultural Tour

Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 14, 2014 at 1:20pm" data-utime="1415942429" class="timestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> · Taken in Hainan, Hainan, China

Between 22 and 27 October 2014, Aljunied GRC Member of Parliament, Mr. Low Thia Khiang and 113 residents from Hougang, Aljunied and Punggol East constituency embarked on a 6 days tour of Hainan Island, China. Upon arrival in Haikou, the residents were taken to the Haikou city centre and from their vantage point on the bus; they were able to look out at the beautiful scenery offered by the longest river in Hainan Island, Nandu River.

Despite the tight schedule, an exciting itinerary awaits the residents. Over the course of six days, residents visited Hainan city, Xinglong county and Sanya city. In Hainan city, residents had the opportunity to visit Hai Xiu Commericial Street, Wu Gong Ci, the “No. 1 Building in Hainan” and the Hainan Province museum. En-route to Xinglong county, residents visited the Bo’ao water city and passed through the Bo’ao Forum for Asia, and they were treated to the most famous scenic spots on Hainan Island, the Jade Belt Beach. The Tropical Botanical Garden at Xinglong County was the key highlight of the residents’ stay at Xinlong county.

There was one destination that residents most look forward to on the trip – the Guanyin of the South Sea of Sanya, a 108-metre statue of the Buddhist figure Avalokitevara, and currently the fourth largest statue in the world. At Sanya city, residents also explored the Li & Miao Cultural Village and the Dadonghai Tourism Area. Before returning to Hainan city, residents were treated to a musical extravaganza, the “Legend of Romance” at Romance Park Sanya.

On the morning of the 27th, with bountiful hearts and a heavy luggage in toll, the residents returned to Singapore. A bountiful trip with many new friendships formed and beautiful memories to share with loved ones.

560202_794998047228078_2924831050057291104_n.jpg

1891215_794976747230208_1504741347652832388_n.jpg

10270407_794976733896876_2322657520851817279_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Lim Suzan:
November 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm (Quote)

WP, I voted for you in last 3elections.
I stood in the rain, m&d and sun For you.
I clapped and shouted for you.
What have you DELIVERED for me ?
Stop Hiding and come out and tell me.
We are Lambasting WP just like how your BERNIE BOY lambasted Roy. Rightfully or not.
Its called TOUGH LOVE.
You know you are guilty of not doing a good job as the Co-driver which you claimed you are.
It would not be good if you become ruling party .
I feel that as ruling party you would be even more ARROGANT AND NOT LISTEN TO US AND NOT RESPOND TO US.
Its sad that Gerald is serving WP.
He deserves a better opposition party to allow him better express his talents.
Gerald was better as a Blogger.
WP :
1. Arrogant
2. Unresponsive to citizens
3. Getting Elitist
4. Intentionally distancing from other Opposition.
5. pap in the making. Already it supports several pap policies.
This is why, giving away Absolute power can lead to a run away train uncontrollable situation where citizens are disenfranchised and feel powerless helpless voiceless.
We thus need a Check and Balancing of powers.
No more SG with a ruling party like PAP.
NO MORE AUTHORITARIANISM.
Absolute parliament powers means everything in the Constitution can be changed , potentially. Can elections be banned? Think again!

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
what has Low thia piak proven ? he can only be heard in funerals, in parliament he can stat a sub committee and head the
“Silence and obedience in pariliament membership forum” he is the most most most well behaved ops! opposition in the history of Singapore..
Yet most can consider he the better than JBJ and David Marshall and CST.
sUPPOSE WE gather Low entire work and weight, it wont event be equal to the coughs of those ex opposition .
Paid to be silent and obedient .

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aljunied GRC

22 - 27.10.2014: Hainan, China Cultural Tour

Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 14, 2014 at 1:20pm" data-utime="1415942429" class="timestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> · Taken in Hainan, Hainan, China

10418378_794976753896874_7681546737872795362_n.jpg

10003539_794976830563533_708811829072421256_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
what has Low thia piak proven ? he can only be heard in funerals, in parliament he can stat a sub committee and head the
“Silence and obedience in pariliament membership forum” he is the most most most well behaved ops! opposition in the history of Singapore..
Yet most can consider he the better than JBJ and David Marshall and CST.
sUPPOSE WE gather Low entire work and weight, it wont event be equal to the coughs of those ex opposition .
Paid to be silent and obedient .

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]22 - 27.10.2014: Hainan, China Cultural Tour[/h]Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 14, 2014 at 1:20pm" data-utime="1415942429" class="timestamp">on Thursday</abbr> · Taken in Hainan, Hainan, China

63748_794976840563532_8950383213843269037_n.jpg

10359559_794976920563524_5184872085223459916_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]22 - 27.10.2014: Hainan, China Cultural Tour[/h]Updated <abbr title="Friday, November 14, 2014 at 1:20pm" data-utime="1415942429" class="timestamp">on Thursday</abbr> · Taken in Hainan, Hainan, China

10624638_794976927230190_942344601991835534_n.jpg

1506787_794976947230188_7181815196570829507_n.jpg

1621751_794977003896849_497497231805005795_n.jpg