• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

alfa romeo is back.....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want.
I think manufacturing technology must be sufficiently advanced you have to try hard to make a totally bad car these days.

i expect the italians to make a comeback in terms of durability and reliability. no more manufacturing by hand and machine shop like what they used to do.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. The alfa romeo sprint was the 2 door coupe version of the alfasud. Sometimes refer to as the alfasud sprint.
It wasn't a gas guzzler....they had variants from 1.2L to 1.7L....mine was the 1.4L.....just nice enough power and could outrun even the 1st generation celica GTs then.

you're a lucky dude to be part of alfa romeo history. alfa romeo has perhaps the richest and most fascinating tradition and history to their line of cars and brand name. it's not a huge following of fans, but a bunch of nostalgic and loyal ones. if anyone understands auto racing very well, alfa romeo is the grand dame of auto racing throughout much of the earlier 20th century, more so than benz, porche, ferrari combined. in fact ferrari worked at alfa romeo before he branched out.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still don't see the point of owning this car.
I think Italian men make better cooks than mechanics.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still don't see the point of owning this car.

where i am, the best chefs are french imports, but the best cooks are mexican. anyone that can take the heat in the kitchen from morning to night and work under duress with difficult chefs from france, spain, italy, and hk must have endurance and character. only viet, korean, and jap restaurants keep their own kind in the kitchen. :p

if you have money, alfa romeo cars are collectors' items. not for commute, but for show boating, hobby, and tinkering in the garage. it's art on wheels.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right. But this are modern times. Things have changed a lot since Nippon started upon the world racing scene from the 60s onwards. Alfa was dominant then, but that was then.

Sometime in early 70s, I was sitting in an uncle's Celica ST (probably the first batch sold in Sg) and he was speeding along Tanah Merah Road at around 90 mph, when a little red Alfa Romeo Junior GT overtook us. My uncle said that car was 1.3 litre, his Celica was 1.6 litre. I asked him how come? And he said the Alfa's engine was DOHC. At that time, this was super exotic for a road going vehicle. They were advanced, but today, its the Japanese cars that are leading the way.

Cheers!

.......... if anyone understands auto racing very well, alfa romeo is the grand dame of auto racing throughout much of the earlier 20th century, more so than ........

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know about that. Looking around, the best cooks are chinese men. Italian men are known for playing dirty in soccer and their women have hairy armpits.

Q: What do you call a dozen Italian women in a sauna?
A: Gorillas in the mist.

Cheers!