• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Au: PAP mis-AIMed, faces blowback, Parts 1-4

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah and those countries have ended up in an even bigger mess than before the uprisings! :rolleyes:

Do you want the same thing to happen to Singapore??? :eek: Sinkie women will end up working as maids in foreign lands.

The women started working overseas well before the uprising.

Incidentally, no prize for guessing who started the uprising - an ex-Harvard professor who wrote a book and uploaded it on-line.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah and those countries have ended up in an even bigger mess than before the uprisings! :rolleyes:

Do you want the same thing to happen to Singapore??? :eek: Sinkie women will end up working as maids in foreign lands.

They will be in the same mass when the dictators passed away naturally.
History books have the examples.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I were Alex Au, I too would remove the stuff and issue an apology.. EVEN IF I THINK OR BELIEVE I AM POSTING THE TRUTH.

Have you seen how many judgements have gone AGAINST the pappies who filed these defamation claims? If the judges and courts approve such claims to the pappies and let them send lawyers' letters.. would you dare to claim trial?

And honestly, has anyone seen pappies file such claims in OVERSEAS COURTS? I bet there are many writers and reporters and all who have written and said many things worst than what Alex Au has.. but any LEGAL action filed outside of Singapore?

But there seems to be new developments, as Tan Cheng Bock posted that he too is watching this episode.. and on today's Today paper, a Humanitarian Organization (I think it is MUAH) posted to say that they were somewhat surprised by LHL's legal actions (I can't remember all.. pls look it up for yourselves). They even stated (if i remember correctly) that defamation claims does nothing for the "aggreived party".. well, pls get the full story with an internet search online.

Now.. on the Front Page of today's Today paper, it read that LHL is asking for an inquiry into the AIM thingy.

IMHO.. this action came too late. If he had wanted to take this step in the first place, he should have done it and NOT sent the letter to Alex Au. That would have given him a better image as a magnanimus man to me.. and dare I say it, to the rest of us.

However, this call is like being forced.. not only by the buzz.. but also by TCB's posting. It's as if he is forced to do SOMETHING.

Now.. I see this as like dancing a cha cha.. LHL gained no grounds on improving his image, or PAP's image.. as his earlier action of sending a lawyer letter to Alex Au is like negative One.. and this call for an inquiry is Positive One.. so end result is.. -1+1 = 0.

But seriously, I feel that his credibility as a responsible PM has suffered.

Too bad LHL, you could have done some great improvements to your image with the RIGHT people to guide you as your image consultants.. but alas.. I guess all you have are butt-kissers and yes-men who are all just bowing to your orders. And this is truly MY opinion!

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And honestly, has anyone seen pappies file such claims in OVERSEAS COURTS?

It's not only in Singapore where people sue for libel even though it is not libel, and succeed only because they have money and their victims don't have money. There's Lance Armstrong, Jeffrey Archer....

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not only in Singapore where people sue for libel even though it is not libel, and succeed only because they have money and their victims don't have money. There's Lance Armstrong, Jeffrey Archer....

???
What are you talking about?
You quote my line.. but your post has no relation whatsoever.. and not even the slightest tinge of significance to what I had posted. Lance Armstrong is from pappies?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the PAP is replaced, a full spring cleaning must happen to weed out the PAPpy sympathizers. Judges, top civil servants, head of military, police, intelligence must go.
Lots of opportunities open up for capable sinkees when these pappies are weeded out.