• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alamak, PRC Lady Hawker demands Non-chinese to speak Mandarin to her?

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree, PAP public schools intention was to have more failures than passes in Chinese language. The education minister was then this 39% EP who is English speaking Christian and with LKY (both Chinese haters) destroy 2 generations of Singaporeans failed Chinese badly.

Better get rid VTO LHL before it is too late.

LKY did not trust the Chinese educated way back in the 1950s but he needed them to get the ground support for his PAP. After he got the power, the rest is history.

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
wrong....indian national their english is beautiful......impeccable grace and artistic and accent....all the other races can fuck off for butchering the language.....my god language is sacred,if u cant speak it properly u need to fuck off,fuck ur singlish or chinglish or creole languages.

Don't blame any one else for butchering the Queen's English. See how the Americans massacred it wholesale.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading who's that Stephen King and archer shit pommie books only make you more Pommie than Chinese. Bet you don't even understand English culture and places when you reading that kind of books and you don't even been or live in Western countries at that age.

There are many great Chinese literatures and books that you have not come across in your early years. Probably your parents are not Chinese inclined but more pomi-shitfied type only feed you with potatoes and fries books.

thats why chinese is bullshyt....if we went down chinese path instead,many sinkie kids would never pick up the love of reading......by 10,11 i was reading jeffery archer and stephen king......if singapore went down chinese path....i would be one of the many dumb chao ah beng bo tak chek kampong village heartlander people that u see litter the lower strata of singapore society.....singapore is full of daft and stupid people already,please dont drag us down even further.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
and how he systematically shut down Chinese schools. Time to kick his arse in his funeral wake throw bad eggs at his coffin.

LKY did not trust the Chinese educated way back in the 1950s but he needed them to get the ground support for his PAP. After he got the power, the rest is history.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iv read some great chinese authors but the books translated to english.....i also read some great russian literature translated to english,its alright theres great literature everywhere,many countries have great depth and culture and literature,france,russia,germany,UK and US.....but dumbfucks sinkies are less likely to appreciate literature and culture especially those dumbfucks chinese speaking chao ah bengs.....have u ever seen a chao ah beng or ur older kampong generation pick up a book in their lives?

dont understand english culture?iv read thousands of english books all my life.....i understand culture better than those wannabes who think they watch a few ang moh sitcoms shows or cheena qing dynasty and lu bei cao cao dramas and think they understand alien cultures very well.

Reading who's that Stephen King and archer shit pommie books only make you more Pommie than Chinese. Bet you don't even understand English culture and places when you reading that kind of books and you don't even been or live in Western countries at that age.

There are many great Chinese literatures and books that you have not come across in your early years. Probably your parents are not Chinese inclined but more pomi-shitfied type only feed you with potatoes and fries books.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no such thing as Queen English accent, it was made up. Queen English accent is BBC English where non-English learn English tuning to BBC radio station. So when the Queen speak to Commonwealth countries (where they invaded and colonised) she is trained to speak BBC radio accent.

Don't blame any one else for butchering the Queen's English. See how the Americans massacred it wholesale.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
theres a queens english accent,i believe Margaret thatcher also spoke in the same accent,cant remember whats it called....yorkshire?or something.trust me its a high class accent,people who went to those posh english private boarding schools learn to speak it.

there is no such thing as Queen English accent, it was made up. Queen English accent is BBC English where non-English learn English tuning to BBC radio station. So when the Queen speak to Commonwealth countries (where they invaded and colonised) she is trained to speak BBC radio accent.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, read Chinese books in Chinese in Chinese grammars only, translated to English you lose all the crunch of Chinese style of 文言文. For that you have missed many things which the Chinese have in their literatures and histories.

Unfortunately under PAP, the Chinese haters, there are no Chinese book libraries set up for the Chinese people to read and know more Chinese stuff.

If you are referring to the jiu hu kia Ah Beng only Form 5 standards worked in Singapore the m&d government are also suppressing Chinese schools in Malaysia.

Let hope the new generations of Singaporeans have more access to Chinese books to improve their Chineseness in years to come. For you and I we can only curse the Leegime and may they ALL burn in hellfire. Gecko must be burning in deep hot oil in hell by now.

iv read some great chinese authors but the books translated to english.....i also read some great russian literature translated to english,its alright theres great literature everywhere,many countries have great depth and culture and literature,france,russia,germany,UK and US.....but dumbfucks sinkies are less likely to appreciate literature and culture especially those dumbfucks chinese speaking chao ah bengs.....have u ever seen a chao ah beng or ur older kampong generation pick up a book in their lives?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yorkshire accent is used mainly in commercial advertising.
If you like to know more of the English, recommended reading http://www.amazon.com/Angry-Island-Gill/dp/075382096X

This chap can explain to you the various English accents and the worst accent is the Cockney accent, followed by Liverpool.

theres a queens english accent,i believe Margaret thatcher also spoke in the same accent,cant remember whats it called....yorkshire?or something.trust me its a high class accent,people who went to those posh english private boarding schools learn to speak it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im not good at chinese myself but thats pretty damn stupid......u have to ask urself how is it ur born a chinese with chinese blood and family in a chinese society and ang moh kids are beating ur ass in chinese?relevant?fun?

how come u can score well in all ur other subjects except chinese?all the other subjects didnt have to be relevant or fun but u still willingly and eagerly lapped it up anyway.its all a question of mentality and psychology.remember those kids jumped at the opportunity....u didnt think mandarin was anything special....since ur a chinese and u grew up in a chinese society.....

So what if I am chinese:confused: What I am against is the PAP politicising the 2nd language policy. As it stands now if you want to succeed in the Spore education system you have to pass those 2nd language exams. My point is that picking up languages should be up to you & your family & not LKY.

LKY was not a mandarin speaker & he chosed to learn mandarin. His nephew eas having "problems" in the Spore school system & transfered to the American school:rolleyes: So why not give the same choice to Sporeans?

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
im not good at chinese myself but thats pretty damn stupid......u have to ask urself how is it ur born a chinese with chinese blood and family in a chinese society and ang moh kids are beating ur ass in chinese?relevant?fun?

how come u can score well in all ur other subjects except chinese?all the other subjects didnt have to be relevant or fun but u still willingly and eagerly lapped it up anyway.its all a question of mentality and psychology.remember those kids jumped at the opportunity....u didnt think mandarin was anything special....since ur a chinese and u grew up in a chinese society.....

During our time, they made learning Chinese very stressful and not fun at all. That's why so many hated the language.

In recent years though, the existence of many fun-learning Chinese schools catering to young kids has been beneficial to students as a whole. Schools like berries and Julia Gabriel Cheng Tzu. Most of the elite and professional class parents send their kids there since they don't speak Chinese at home. And the cool thing is that these kids come out loving the language and don't feel so intimidated by it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree, PAP public schools intention was to have more failures than passes in Chinese language. The education minister was then this 39% EP who is English speaking Christian and with LKY (both Chinese haters) destroy 2 generations of Singaporeans failed Chinese badly.

Better get rid VTO LHL before it is too late.

I feel that our parents should have voted out the PAP for their 2nd language policy back then, or the stop at two, or.....:biggrin:

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582996651815400" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582996651815400">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/AllSingaporeStuff">All Singapore Stuff</a>.</div></div>

The video taker is pure bullying the aunty, watch it and judge for urself.
If one day , you guys go overseas work or tours and try to communicate the local . You can't speak their local languages so they took a video of you and insult Stupid Singaporean come to their country and cannot speak their languages even though you try to communicate english with them. What do you feel? I did stay oversea many years and yet I see our singaporeans so rascial and bias to these workers. What a loser, what a bully.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During our time, they made learning Chinese very stressful and not fun at all. That's why so many hated the language.

In recent years though, the existence of many fun-learning Chinese schools catering to young kids has been beneficial to students as a whole. Schools like berries and Julia Gabriel Cheng Tzu. Most of the elite and professional class parents send their kids there since they don't speak Chinese at home. And the cool thing is that these kids come out loving the language and don't feel so intimidated by it.

thats the problem,according to experts,chinese is a difficult language to pick up after a certain age....u have to pick it up at a very young age or many of the intricacies will be impossible to grasp.......

and like u said,theres many tuition and schools nowadays to teach young kids mandarin......this was not possible back 15 or 20 years ago........now many singaporean professionals are richer and can afford to send their children to expensive preschools and tuition classes and learning centers....

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats why chinese is bullshyt....if we went down chinese path instead,many sinkie kids would never pick up the love of reading......by 10,11 i was reading jeffery archer and stephen king......if singapore went down chinese path....i would be one of the many dumb chao ah beng bo tak chek kampong village heartlander people that u see litter the lower strata of singapore society.....singapore is full of daft and stupid people already,please dont drag us down even further.

There exist many trash paperbacks in the vein of Stephen King and Jeffrey Archer, Tom Clancy and John Grisham in the Chinese-language sphere too. Just because we have never heard of them and they aren't in the NYT top 10 list doesn't mean they don't exist. They are popular with the Chinese language world, 20% of the world population.

It's the same thing with Spanish.

There is an entire catalog of literature and prose outside of the Anglo-Saxon speaking world, just that we have never heard of them.

So back to your assertion that if Chinese was used as the lingua franca instead of English, there would have still been the same number of book lovers and people interested in literature.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what if I am chinese:confused: What I am against is the PAP politicising the 2nd language policy. As it stands now if you want to succeed in the Spore education system you have to pass those 2nd language exams. My point is that picking up languages should be up to you & your family & not LKY.

LKY was not a mandarin speaker & he chosed to learn mandarin. His nephew eas having "problems" in the Spore school system & transfered to the American school:rolleyes: So why not give the same choice to Sporeans?

thats another problem,2nd language was thought to be a mistake but now it seems like its a lifesaver,with lhl coming in and fucking up all the already fucked up policies.....now it doesnt matter if ur english is impeccable....u better start learning a 3rd and 4th language so u can communicate with these trashes.

lky wanted to introduce an alien language and turn this country upside down fine....but now it seems even english is irrelevant and we should be speaking chao ni ma and putang ina mo instead cause now FTS are the future!!!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah well those are just the popular fiction,mainstream authors...theres still many pieces of brilliant literature not on the new york bestseller list but still masterpieces.

There exist many trash paperbacks in the vein of Stephen King and Jeffrey Archer, Tom Clancy and John Grisham in the Chinese-language sphere too. Just because we have never heard of them and they aren't in the NYT top 10 list doesn't mean they don't exist. They are popular with the Chinese language world, 20% of the world population.

It's the same thing with Spanish.

There is an entire catalog of literature and prose outside of the Anglo-Saxon speaking world, just that we have never heard of them.

So back to your assertion that if Chinese was used as the lingua franca instead of English, there would have still been the same number of book lovers and people interested in literature.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dont understand english culture?iv read thousands of english books all my life.....i understand culture better than those wannabes who think they watch a few ang moh sitcoms shows or cheena qing dynasty and lu bei cao cao dramas and think they understand alien cultures very well.

dumb fucks aren't just from the chinese speaking community the english speaking ones have it too. Many english speaking ah bengs both chinese and non chinese especially eurasians and they don't read books either.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
dumb fucks aren't just from the chinese speaking community the english speaking ones have it too. Many english speaking ah bengs both chinese and non chinese especially eurasians and they don't read books either.

Yup... Dumb fuck ang moh bengs who know only one language - English - in Australia and USA and England don't read books either. Many cant even spell.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's their standard of English like?u show me a ah being that can speak English like a Indian national....just because u speak fucked up English like that chao ah beng mark lee or those retarded pinoys doesn't make u English speaking....same goes for Chinese....can u speak Chinese like the PRCs?sinkies Chinese is a fucking joke....when u hear PRC speak Chinese its like art....beautiful vocab...beautiful phrases beautiful depth....where are the standards????