• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AirAsia In Trouble Over Hidden Fees

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AirAsia in trouble over hidden fees

Matt O'Sullivan
<cite>January 19, 2012</cite>

DB_20120118190614899797-420x0.jpg

AirAsia has been taken to the Federal Court by the ACCC. Photo: AFP

THE consumer watchdog has taken legal action against budget airline AirAsia for allegedly failing to disclose the full price of fares for flights from Australia to destinations overseas.

The same day AirAsia executives were spruiking launch fares as low as $99 for one-way flights on its new route from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur, it has emerged that the regulator began legal proceedings in Melbourne seeking both penalties and orders for the Malaysian airline to issue corrective notices on its website.

In documents filed in the Federal Court on Tuesday, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission claims that fares sold on the airline's website disclosed only part of the total price for flights from Melbourne, the Gold Coast and Perth to destinations in Asia, Europe and India because they excluded taxes, fees and other charges.

The regulator wants the court to order the airline to publish on its website a notice stating that it failed to ''specify, in a prominent way, the single price for air travel on its website … since at least September''.

The ACCC has shown a growing willingness to take action against airlines for running foul of consumer laws. Last year it pursued budget airline Tiger Airways for selling tickets after the air-safety regulator had grounded its fleet of aircraft in July due to safety concerns.

The regulator also took Qantas to task for the amount of compensation it offered passengers disrupted by its decision to ground its entire fleet on October 29.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/airasia-in-trouble-over-hidden-fees-20120119-1q7e7.html#ixzz1jrPfOwRK

Earlier I read that at it's KL/Sydney launch, AisAsiaX had 6,000 seats booked within 2 days.:eek: Evidence that this is the most popular destination for Malaysians and will be a very lucrative route for AirAsiaX.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony fernandes, from hero to zero, at least in Malaysia, after the share swap with MAS.
I dunno about other airlines, but MAS exclude other charges as well on its internet ticket prices. So after confirming, they charge you extra for administration, fuel surcharge and taxes, and you will wonder how come the ticket price and payment required do not tally.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wanna check something with the singapore airasia customer service but call is hang up and it happens a few times that i called.. i have no choice but to call to the Thailand side and i got what i wanted.

What is wrong with singapore service?

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical of airlines operating from 3rd world countries.:oIo: It is good the Ozzies are teaching these clowns that they cannot do as they like in 1st world countries.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
quite naughty of them to advertise like this but ultimately the onus is on the consumer to properly clarify ....just like in any other transaction

JayBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical of airlines operating from 3rd world countries.:oIo: It is good the Ozzies are teaching these clowns that they cannot do as they like in 1st world countries.

Aussies taught a 1st world airline, Tiger Airways, first and in fact punish them. This one is a consumer watchdog. So what exactly is typical?