• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Supply Guitarist - Goh Tee Huat, Rex

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
rex-goh-2df46dd5-ef35-43e2-ad2c-ad6edec248d-resize-750.jpeg

Rex Goh was born as Tee Haut Rex Goh on 5 May 1951 in Singapore and grew up in Aljunied.

At ten he learned the ukelele with guidance from a neighbouring musician, Benny Chan, who was a guitarist for a local group, The Checkmates. After three or four years he started on guitar, and was inspired by early 1960s bands, The Shadows and The Ventures, and then by Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Terry Kath. He joined Tani's Titans on bass guitar; the band appeared on a children's TV show, performing country music. After finishing secondary school he was a member of Group 123, initially on bass guitar, but soon switching to lead guitar. He acquired his 1969 Gibson Les Paul guitar; the group performed at British RAF bases.

He relocated to Australia in 1972, initially living in Adelaide where he played in a covers band, playing Yes material.Subsequently, he relocated to Melbourne, and by 1976 he had moved to Sydney.Goh, on guitar, was a member of Leon Berger Band before joining Air Supply early in 1977.Other members of Air Supply were Russell Hitchcock on vocals and percussion; Nigel Macara on drums; Jeremy Paul on bass guitar; Graham Russell on vocals and guitar; and Adrian Scott on keyboards.Together this line-up recorded the band's second album, The Whole Thing's Started (July 1977).He toured with the group later that year as they supported Rod Stewart both in Australia and North America. By early 1978 Goh was replaced by Ken Francis on guitar.

In 1980 Goh completed a Diploma of Jazz Studies course at Sydney Conservatorium of Music.[6] He returned to Air Supply by early 1981 and with Russell he co-wrote three tracks, "I Want to Give It All" (B-side of "The One That You Love", July 1981), "She Never Heard Me Call" and "What Kind of Girl" (B-side of Australian single, "I'm Late Again", October 1982). He also provided electric and rhythm guitar for their sixth studio album The One That You Love (August 1981) and its follow up Now and Forever (July 1982).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Goh

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow I didn't know there's a sinkie in Air Supply. Even more surprised to find out that Air supply is Australian