• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Asia's Tony Fernandes buying EPL team Queens Park Rangers!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tony Fernandes poised to buy Bernie Ecclestone out of Queens Park Rangers
• Asian businessman could be named as new owner on Monday
• He will take charge alongside Lakshmi Mittal

Tony-Fernandes-007.jpg

Tony Fernandes is set to take over the ownership of QPR alongside Lakshmi Mittal Photograph: Lai Seng Sin/AP

Tony Fernandes could be announced as the new owner of Queens Park Rangers on Monday in a deal that would mean the Asian businessman taking control of the club from Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, in partnership with Lakshmi Mittal, who already owns 33%.

If the deal goes through it is not yet clear if Ecclestone will sell all his 66% holding in the west London club and whether Briatore will retain his 1% stake. However, given the strained relationship Mittal and his son-in-law, Amit Bhatia, have with the Formula One impresario and the former grand prix team principal Briatore, it is thought Ecclestone is likely to sell all his shares.

Ecclestone has said in the past that QPR would be for sale for £100m but the financial details of the deal being struck by Fernandes and Mittal are unknown.

Bhatia, who resigned as chairman in May in protest at ticket-price hikes and the direction the club was taking is likely to return to the board if Fernandes is successful in his attempt to take control.

A source close to the Air Asia and Team Lotus team owner told Observer Sport: "Until the deal is done [it] is not done. But we are hopeful that by Monday it could be complete. It will involve Tony buying into the club and taking charge alongside Mittal."

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lets see if he can turn it around and make big bucks out of it..who knows, Temasek might decide to follow suit. N buy an EPL team...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They already missed their chance last year when liverpool was on sale...

Anyway, QPR is going to be another whipping boy in EPL this season.. opening match last night lost 4-0

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fans are unhappy.. No new players coming in.. And with a crackpot like Neil Warnock in charge, there'll be fireworks between the manager and the board... I tip QPR to go down come end of the season..

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QPR to go to school after Bolton loss

14 August 2011

12427253650.jpg
Queens Park Rangers boss Neil Warnock says his team will learn from their capitulation in their 4-0 loss to Bolton on Saturday.

A Daniel Gabbidon own goal and strikes from Gary Cahill, Ivan Klasnic and Fabrice Muamba saw Bolton cruise to the top of the English Premier League at Loftus Road. Warnock said he hoped his team would take lessons from the loss, which saw them concede three goals in 13 minutes in the second half.

"I'm disappointed with how we capitulated at 2-0, but we were always going to get lessons and we need to learn them quickly," he said. "The first goal (from Cahill) is probably the first proper shot, although it's a great finish and you can't fault that."

Bolton manager Owen Coyle heaped praise on Cahill, whose opener was a 20-yard strike into the top corner that looked like it had come from a forward, not a centre-back. The defender has been linked with a move away from Bolton this transfer window and Coyle said he 'could play for anybody'.

"Gary Cahill has put himself in the shop window year after year. He could play for anybody, and I mean anybody," Coyle said. "He's got feet that belong to a centre-forward, even though he plays at centre-back. He's got pace, timing in the air and I mean that."

"I've said it from day one, five or six weeks ago, there was interest with Gary but there hasn't been one firm offer." "If there is, then Gary will be the first to know. He knows that and he's relaxed about it, that's why you've seen the performance he put in today."

Bolton could finish the opening weekend of the Premier League on top, ahead of welcoming Manchester City in their next outing. The tasks get even more difficult for QPR, who travel to Everton.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
When hospitals become businesses run by profit oriented only funds, things begin to suck and patients suffer. So too will soccer. The game has kelong written all over it and FIFA smells like a rotten fish. While the game is watched mostly by people like my pals who are great guys and decent family chaps, it is marred by hooligans - the same type who riot in London - who will beat you up because they feel like it. Some of the players are no angels or role models either. Several years ago some of them beat up Asians (forgot their names, some of you will remember; think Craig Bellamy is one of them) and got away lightly. The beautiful game died when gentlemen players like Bobby Charlton and Denis Law retired.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
When hospitals become businesses run by profit oriented only funds, things begin to suck and patients suffer. So too will soccer. The game has kelong written all over it and FIFA smells like a rotten fish. While the game is watched mostly by people like my pals who are great guys and decent family chaps, it is marred by hooligans - the same type who riot in London - who will beat you up because they feel like it. Some of the players are no angels or role models either. Several years ago some of them beat up Asians (forgot their names, some of you will remember; think Craig Bellamy is one of them) and got away lightly. The beautiful game died when gentlemen players like Bobby Charlton and Denis Law retired.

Lee Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate.
You can add Joey Barton in the list.
Bobby is no english gentleman. He is just a arrogant player who pride himself highly because he is english.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
typical Ah Neh lor....................follow people do what only..................

maybe QPR and Blackburn can transfer players among the 2 teams without money.................use free airflights and free chickens can liao !

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sunday 14th August 2011

606655_33_preview.jpg

QPR close to Malaysian takeover

Queens Park Rangers are reportedly close to a takeover by Malaysian Tony Fernandes, founder of the Air Asia airline.

According to The Daily Mail newspaper, the 47-year-old, who is also the team principal of Formula One's Team Lotus, has held talks with the club's co-owner Bernie Ecclestone and his business partner Flavio Briatore over purchasing a majority stake in the Barclays Premier League new-boys.

The speculation was firmed up when Fernandes joined Briatore during a visit to Italy last month to watch the West London club win the three-team Bortolotti Trofeo tournament, which also included Atalanta and Braga.

The millionaire businessman flew back to Italy from Budapest after Saturday's qualifying session for the Hungary Grand Prix, before returning on Sunday morning for the race itself.

According to the report, Fernandes' proposed buy-out is at an 'advanced stage', with the Malaysian ready to hand manager Neil Warnock a transfer fund of £10million to strengthen the squad.

Warnock told the Daily Mail: "Myself, Flavio [Briatore] and Tony all had a positive chat after the match on Saturday. "We've already spoken about possible targets and he is a very positive chap."

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Monday 15th August 2011

640908_33_preview.jpg

Dunga wants QPR loan money back

Former Brazil manager Dunga has instructed lawyers to recover a £750,000 loan he claims he made to QPR in 2006.

Dunga, who also captained Brazil to World Cup glory in 1994, has previously been acknowledged by QPR as an investor in the club, when it was under previous owners.

He has instructed lawyers Collyer Bristow to pursue his claim in the High Court if necessary, and hopes the current owners of the club, who include Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone, agree to repay his loan.

The 47-year-old said in a statement released by his lawyers: "I loaned my money to QPR in good faith when they needed it and am very disappointed that the new owners, who are very wealthy, are now refusing to pay it back. I am fully confident in the English system of justice and that the court will help me recover my loans."

Steven Heffer, of Collyer Bristow, said: "I can confirm I have been instructed by Carlos Dunga to issue proceedings in the High Court to recover the money he lent to QPR.

"I am waiting to hear back from QPR's lawyers whether the loan will be repaid without the need for a court action. It would be inappropriate to say anything further at this stage." QPR were on Sunday offering no comment.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The 47-year-old said in a statement released by his lawyers: "I loaned my money to QPR in good faith when they needed it and am very disappointed that the new owners, who are very wealthy, are now refusing to pay it back. I am fully confident in the English system of justice and that the court will help me recover my loans."

haha.. trying to get money back from ah neh businessman? good luck!