• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AIM misunderstood WP's Intention!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak, according to our superscale chaps from the Ministry, it was a case of a misunderstanding. A breakdown in communication. Of course when you present a report to the Prime Minister of a country and to the country you cannot put a more succinct and simple word like "misunderstanding" so to sound officious it is called "different understanding of the execution of the termination clause in 2011 by both parties"

Reminds me of the "confluence of factors" term used by another Deputy Secretary and her teammates for the Mas Selmat Affair akin to a rare Perfect Storm.

Based on the formal communication between the then-Aljunied- Hougang TC (AHTC) and AIM, and from interviews with both parties, the Review Team observed that there appears to be a different understanding of the execution of the termination clause in 2011 by both parties.
The AHTC believed that AIM would be terminating the TCMS contract under the terms of the termination clause and therefore planned to upscale its own system which it had used for the former Hougang TC4. AHTC wrote to AIM on 10 June 2011 to inform AIM that it was developing a system, and requested to continue to use AIM’s TCMS till 31 August 2011, so as to ascertain the reliability of AHTC’s new system. AIM, on receipt of AHTC’s 10 June letter understood it to mean that AHTC was giving notice of its intention to use its own system and not rely on the TCMS, but had sought an extension to enable it more time to install its own system. AIM
4 This system is developed and maintained by S&I Systems Pte Ltd. Page 4 of 37

subsequently issued a notice of termination on 22 June 2011. AHTC sought two extensions5 of the TCMS. AIM acceded to both requests

The review team also had this to say about AIM. (direct quote)

In addition, the TCs assessed that AIM was a company with an established track record in TCs and IT services

There is no other details about AIM. I still know more about my colleagues' panty and bra sizes than I know about AIM after reading this report. The correspondence letters from AIM that is shown in the report shows that they were signed by an unknown person for the Director and again no name. No where in the report are the names of Chandra Das, Lau Ping Sum and Chew Hing Ching appear. What a complete report !

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The outcome of the review turned out exactly what people had been expecting. How else would it be if the review is carried out by the ministry headed by the chairman of the PAP. PM Lee was only trying to hold off the fire when he announced this review. It was never intended to uncover anything. With or without this review, the PAP had already lost all its integrity and credibility with the people.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
On thing that was obvious in the report was the way the Civil Servants crafted the report. Not once did they offer a view which is quite stunning for review for an event that captured the country's attention. For example when the comment about AIM having an established track record in TCS and IT was made in the report it was not their view but the views of the TCs. Read it again and you will realise it. There are similar examples where careful use of semantics was used to avoid taking a view.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The outcome of the review turned out exactly what people had been expecting. How else would it be if the review is carried out by the ministry headed by the chairman of the PAP. PM Lee was only trying to hold off the fire when he announced this review. It was never intended to uncover anything. With or without this review, the PAP had already lost all its integrity and credibility with the people.

Simply, PAP is a terrorist in its own way. This is the kind of people Singaporeans should be wary of. A professional terrorists who killed Sinkies slowly thru anti-Singapoeans polices are more frightening than those who went around throwing bombs.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which career Admin Service civil servant is going to craft a review report that would endanger his career and pension? Asking MND to investigate and report is itself a still-born.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we still expect this PAP govt to reform itself, we are still in denial. Crocodile tears, phoney apologies, sham promises...

The PAP has not moved forward an inch to roll back the partisanship politics they have been playing. It deserves to be taught another lesson.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the so-called misunderstanding may well be true. When two parties have grave suspicions about each other's intentions, this comedy of errors can well occur. This isn't the most important thing though. It is certainly not one the issue that inspired general disquiet. A company owned by a political party is ill advised to do business with another arm of the party using public funds. Conflict of interest does not imply corruption but conflict of interest means that play starts off on an uneven field. However something even funnier is the implication that the PAP's 2 dollars is bigger than anyone else's. What's next bitcoins ? Or maybe their own bonds or currency.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AIM has a track record in IT services? Show us their customer portfolio.

It was free money for AIM - no need to provide support (PAP TC had their own support staff) and it receives lease plus management fees. Walla. Another PAP sweet deal.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
AIM has a track record in IT services? Show us their customer portfolio.

It was free money for AIM - no need to provide support (PAP TC had their own support staff) and it receives lease plus management fees. Walla. Another PAP sweet deal.

Notice the careful wording , "in addition the TCs assessed that AIM had a track record etc...." The MND had no opinion on this except to imply the TCs acted in good faith.

On a separate matter, I am curious about the new system to be implemented ? Who will own the IP. Note that AIM is one again managing this process. Will it be that AIM owns the IP and lease it to the TCs as before ?

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So they actually mean TC thought aim had track record?

Alamak, according to our superscale chaps from the Ministry, it was a case of a misunderstanding. A breakdown in communication. Of course when you present a report to the Prime Minister of a country and to the country you cannot put a more succinct and simple word like "misunderstanding" so to sound officious it is called "different understanding of the execution of the termination clause in 2011 by both parties"

Reminds me of the "confluence of factors" term used by another Deputy Secretary and her teammates for the Mas Selmat Affair akin to a rare Perfect Storm.

The review team also had this to say about AIM. (direct quote)

There is no other details about AIM. I still know more about my colleagues' panty and bra sizes than I know about AIM after reading this report. The correspondence letters from AIM that is shown in the report shows that they were signed by an unknown person for the Director and again no name. No where in the report are the names of Chandra Das, Lau Ping Sum and Chew Hing Ching appear. What a complete report !