• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Tiongs offended, says Netflix's 3 Body Problem makes China look fucked up

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
There’s Some Good News For ‘3 Body Problem’ Season 2
Follow
Apr 2, 2024,09:24am EDT
three body1
3 Body Problem NETFLIX
I have been a bit skeptical of 3 Body Problems prospects for not just renewal, but the idea that Netflix would commit to finish adapting the entire three book series in three or four seasons when the cost would likely run them upwards of half a billion dollars. But there are some promising developments about a potential season 2 of 3 Body Problem in the last few days.

First, after a few days of being knocked down from the #1 spot on Netflix’s Top 10 list, 3 Body Problem has now taken that position back from Testament: The Story of Moses, the docudrama about the biblical character. It’s somewhat rare to see a show knocked down and then be able to get back up again, so that’s certainly a positive development to see.
Second, checking the global charts, 3 Body Problem is still the #1 show in over 20 countries, which means it has been holding relatively well over the course of the last week or so, and now the US will be added to that list again.
Third, a new report from Luminate at Variety says that 3 Body Problem had 1.6 billion minutes viewed in its first full week, making it the #1 streaming program out of any show for that week. This is still underperforming something like Netflix hit The Gentlemen, which had 1.3 billion minutes its second week after just a 30% drop from week 1, and continues to place at #4 on the top 10 list. Now that show is performing extremely well. But it’s still solid for 3 Body.
3 Body Problem

Netflix

Despite this good news, I’m still not convinced that the future of 3 Body Problem is wholly secure. I’m not disputing the show is performing pretty well, but this is a unique situation as you need to A) probably adapt the entire thing if you’re going to do a season 2, so it’s a big commitment, B) it will be one of the most expensive adaptations Netflix has done, and this is already the most they’ve spent on a first season but also C) Netflix needs to consider its relationship with the Game of Thrones showrunners they have an overall deal with, who are running the series.

I am leaning toward Netflix committing to a season 2, and possibly the entire series. It reminds me a bit of what Amazon did by saying that The Rings of Power would get five seasons to finish its story no matter what. While Netflix did not promise that with 3 Body Problem, it does feel like a similar situation and they’ll have to go all-in if they do decide to renew. Ultimately, despite it being a bit of a risk, I think they’ll do it in the end.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is realDonaldTrump in the movie, with her
see, she almost kissed me.

d4b32ab87db49d15f17b9d0863266889.jpg

6603C6BE672B31711523518.jpeg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘3 Body Problem’ Creators Reveal How Many Seasons They Need to Tell the Complete Story
By
and
Published 23 hours ago
David Benioff, D.B. Weiss & Alexander Woo lay out their plans for the Netflix series & talk about the importance of subverting audience expectations.

3 BODY PROBLEM sxsw interview D.B. Weiss, Alexander Woo, and David Benioff
WATCH
NEXT
Play Video
The Big Picture
Collider's Steve Weintraub interviews Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, and 3 Body Problem screenwriter Alexander Woo.
In this interview they talk about their approach to more seasons, where they are in the development of Season 2, challenging sequences, the changes from book to screen, and tons more.
3 Body Problem is a sci-fi series based on Liu Cixin's bestselling trilogy made for Netflix, that takes science fiction to a global level with an ensemble cast.
Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are taking their epic book adaptation skills from one major streamer to another with Netflix’s upcoming 3 Body Problem. As high fantasy as the HBO series was, this one takes science fiction to a global level, based on the bestselling trilogy by Liu Cixin. The show celebrated its world premiere at SXSW, where Collider’s Steve Weintraub sat down with the showrunners and series writer Alexander Woo (True Blood) to pick their brains on the behind-the-scenes of helming something so massive, and what the future of the series looks like.

When the showrunners and writer stopped by Collider’s media studio, the trio were forthcoming with their hopes to continue exploring this trilogy. Times are trying for fans of TV series on streamers, but after the success of their previous work, Benioff likens Cixin's 3 Body Problem to George R.R. Martin's "surprising" material. Of their plans to continue, and what fans can expect after the Season 1 finale, he goes on to say:

"There are three books. The first season roughly follows the arc of the first book, and the second season would probably roughly follow the second book. The third book is massive. It's twice as long, I think, as the other two books, so maybe that's one season, maybe it's two. But I think we'd need at least three, maybe four seasons to tell the whole story. It's a beautiful ending. I think all three of us thought that the last page of Liu Cixin’s epic was maybe the best final image we'd encountered in a sci-fi saga like this. It's incredibly moving and mind-blowing, and so we’re desperate to get to the end. That means, hopefully, if enough people watch it that Netflix will renew us and give us a couple more years."

What Is '3 Body Problem' About & Who's In It?
3 Body Problem | Final Trailer | Netflix
WATCH
NEXT
Play Video
Beginning with the catalyst in 1960s China, 3 Body Problem explores how one woman’s fateful decision had a ripple effect that spanned across time. The show features the Oxford 5 played by John Bradley, Jess Hong, Jovan Adepo, Eiza González, and Alex Sharp. It also stars Liam Cunningham, Benedict Wong, Zine Tseng, and Rosalind Chao.

Check out the full interview in the video above for more on Benioff and Weiss' plan to move forward, where they are in the development of Season 2, creating relatable characters we care about, the changes from the book to the screen, the reasons behind them, and tons more. You can also read the full transcript below.

Netflix's 3 Body Problem poster
‘3 Body Problem’ Creators Planned for Seasons 2 and 3, But It Won’t Be Quick
Eiza Gonzalez in 3 Body Problem
Image by Federico Napoli
COLLIDER: So when you went to Netflix and said you wanted to do this, was your idea at the beginning for a three-season plan, a five-season plan? How much had you guys sort of thought about ultimately where this is all going?

DAVID BENIOFF: Well, there are three books. The first season roughly follows the arc of the first book. The second season would probably roughly follow the second book. The third book is massive. It’s twice as long, I think, as the other two books. So maybe that’s one season, maybe it’s two. But, you know, I think we’d need at least three, maybe four seasons to tell the whole story. And it’s a beautiful ending. I think all three of us thought that the last page of Liu Cixin's epic was maybe the best final image we’d encountered in a sci-fi saga like this. It’s just incredibly moving and mind-blowing. So, we were desperate to get to the end, and that means, hopefully, enough people watch it that Netflix will renew us and give us a couple more years.

If you get renewed, how quickly can you get going on doing more?

ALEXANDER WOO: We’re doing it now. I mean, we screened the episode last night, and then I went back to my hotel room and did a little bit of work.

BENIOFF: Oh wow, you did? That’s impressive. Well, he doesn’t drink, so it’s a little bit easier.

WOO: It helps. [Laughs] It keeps on going because if we had to wait around, we’d be months behind.

But that’s what I mean.

WOO: We’re as anxious to get the show out there as everyone else.

Look, there’s no doubt in my mind. I would be stunned if you guys don’t get to make another season. Do you have a rough idea for Season 2?

D.B. WEISS: For Season 2, we’ve got better than a rough idea. We’re much further along with that plan than rough idea stages. The farther away things get, the hazier your view of them is. But in the third book, there are so many amazing landmarks, in terms of scenes and situations and events, that we can see pretty clearly, that we know. We’re not completely sure how our characters are gonna get to that place, but we know they gotta get to that place because that place is the reason we picked these books up and wanted to adapt them in the first place.

If Netflix were to do one of those things that they did with Avatar [The Last Air Bender]where it’s a two-season pickup, would that be better for you, or do you like the idea of just doing one season at a time?

WEISS: You can really only do one. It’s a very labor-intensive show, and it doesn’t get less labor-intensive. It doesn’t get easier to make, it gets harder to make. So, I think it’s hard to see eight episodes of something you like and then have it disappear for a long period of time, but it’s really kind of the only way we can imagine doing it is one season at a time.

BENIOFF: That said, if they greenlit a Season 2 and 3...

WEISS: I wouldn’t say no. That’s a decision that’s made in rooms we’re not in. I don’t know if it’s the kind of thing they would do for a show like this, but that would be great.

How did you decide on 8 episodes? Was that your decision or was that a Netflix decision?

BENIOFF: That was our decision. And actually, when we were negotiating the rights to the books, we had to kind of figure out an episode count. At some point, I think we thought, “Maybe we can do it in 6.” As we started to break down the season we realized that we have to get here by this, and it just worked out to 8. There was no mandate from above, it was just, “These are the events we have, and it’s going to be about 60 pages for each…"

How Netflix's '3 Body Problem' Is Different From the Books
Custom image of John Bradley, Eiza Gonzalez, Jovan Adepo, Alex Sharp & Jess Hong for 3 Body Problem at SXSW
Image by Jefferson Chacon
I think the reason why I responded so positively to the show, and I think why audiences are going to love it, is that you have the spectacle, but ultimately, all the characters on the show are people I cared about. I felt like I knew these people. Can you talk about that aspect of making sure these are compelling characters, especially the Oxford 5 and their relationship?

BENIOFF: That’s great to hear.

WOO: From the very beginning, in all of our collective experiences of making TV shows and adaptations of books, also, the character is the heart of a television series. That's why you want to watch the next episode, and that's why you want to watch the next episode after that. That's why you want to go from season to season to season. Before you know it, these people are part of your lives for a decade, if not more sometimes, and you feel for them like they're your actual friends. The books themselves are structured in such a way that a lot of the main characters don't intersect, and even though they exist contemporaneously, they don't meet each other… It was crucial for us to put all the pieces out on the chess board from the very beginning, and that's the genesis of the Oxford 5. All our main characters have a past together, have relationships with each other, [are] in conflict with each other, [are] in love with one another. Those are all things that make you care about them so that when you go two, three seasons in, you're engaged, you're on that journey with them.

When you saw the shooting schedule, what day did you have circled in terms of, “Oh, my god, I can’t wait to film this," and what day was circled in terms of, “How the F are we going to film this?”

WEISS: The “how the F” days, it’s never one day. It’s a sequence. There’s a sequence in Episode 5 that, even before there was a schedule, was, “How does one go about showing that on screen?" There are actually a couple of sequences in Episode 5, and the end of 5, too, where it’s like, “Don’t know what that looks like. I hope we can get somebody to get an image of it that jives with the feeling of it that we have in our minds." Some of the stuff that we were most excited to film, there’s a scene, for me, with Jonathan Pryce where he’s talking to an old dictaphone with a disembodied voice coming out of it.

There was a scene, it was adapted from something that happened in the books, and from the moment I read it in the books it was something that I really, really– I didn’t know Jonathan Pryce was going to be in the show, but whoever we were going to have in that role, I really wanted to see that scene. Once Jonathan agreed to do it, I really wanted to see that scene. It’s basically, it’s not a monologue, it’s a conversation with one actor on camera that, visually, is like the antithesis of all the big “ka-pow” set-piece moments, but it’s also one of the things that, for me, epitomize what was so different and so wonderful about this story and these books, and what set it apart from any other science fiction books I’ve read in a long time.

Jonathan Pryce as Mike Evans in episode 104 of 3 Body Problem
Image via Netflix
I watch a lot of television, a lot of movies, it’s my job, and I can truthfully say I’ve never seen anything like this show on TV. I can imagine that’s one of the reasons that pulled you guys in, but I’m very curious. The episodes are about an hour each, there’s one or two that are a little shorter. Did you guys end up with a lot of deleted scenes, or not really?

BENIOFF: Yes. We did. [Laughs] We did. It’s interesting because we didn’t do a pilot this time. We just started and began shooting the season straight out, and there was never really a break or anything, which meant we were happy at the time that we didn’t have to shoot a pilot. We didn’t have to prove ourselves. Netflix gave us a full season, but it also meant you were kind of learning as you went along. You’re learning about the actors as you’re watching them in scenes for the first time. You’re learning, like, “Oh, crap. That thing that seemed like it made sense on page isn’t making sense.” So, we got to the very end, and, watching it through, we realized we had made mistakes, just writing mistakes. Certain characters weren’t established well enough. Certain plotlines weren’t established.

So, we came back to Netflix and said, "We have a bunch more stuff that we want to do. There are certain things we want to take out because they’re not working, and there are certain things we want to add in, and it’s going to be kind of expensive." And they let us do it. So we’re very grateful that we got the opportunity to go back because I think it transformed the show. The show as it existed, like, a year ago, it’s just vastly different, and I think inferior. I think anyone in a first season, maybe not like the Vince Gilligan’s of the world, but for, like, mortals, you’re going to make mistakes. Especially in a first season, as the show is finding its feet. So there are scenes, some of which are actually good scenes on their own, they just didn’t work for the greater good of the season.

I know that the plan was originally to have the show out sooner, and then the strike happened, and then you were talking about the additional photography. Was it months of filming? Was it like a month?

WEISS: It was two days in a bar on Pico Boulevard. [Laughs]

Time out. So the whole addition was one scene?

WEISS: It was one scene, and it’s not a big flashy scene. It’s not a set-piece scene. It was just a scene where we had it very well-acted and performed, and shot with two of the actors. As we were cutting, we realized there was a better way to achieve what that scene was achieving in a way that was, frankly, a lot more fun to achieve what that scene was achieving. If it had been a scene in the middle of Episode 4, we maybe would have just kind of, you know. There’s always Monday morning quarterbacking going on with your own work constantly, but this one was in the first 20 minutes of the pilot, and we just thought it was really important to come out of the gate as strong as we could. So we made that argument to Netflix, and it wasn’t really an argument. They kind of shockingly said, “Okay, that’s fine.” And we said that, "Because of the situation in Hollywood at the moment, this leads to an uncertain release date," depending on when the strikes ended, and they didn’t flinch at it. They let us go. They committed to it, and we shot it and cut it in, and it did push the release date by a couple of months, but I think it made the show a better show.

3 Body Problem Creators Discuss the Importance of Subverting Audience Expectations
John Bradley as Jack Rooney in episode 102 of 3 Body Problem
Image via Netflix
One of the things that Game of Thrones did exceptionally well was doing things that the audience did not see coming, and you have incorporated that with 3 Body Problem. As I’ve mentioned, I watch a lot of television, and there were many things that happened in this show where I was like, “Wait, what?” Can you talk about the importance of keeping the audience off-balance and not giving them exactly what they’re expecting?

BENIOFF: It comes back to the source material, right? Certainly George R.R. Martin's books were incredibly surprising again and again and again. One of the things we really loved about these science fiction novels is they don't start seeming like science fiction at all. You begin the first book, The Three-Body Problem, and it’s got a science fiction cover, and someone told me it’s got something to do with aliens. I start reading it, and it's set in the Cultural Revolution. You start in Beijing in the 1960s. For many, many pages, it's back there in the past in China and there's nothing science fiction happening, and you start to think, "I'm pretty sure this is a book about aliens," but it really draws you into that character and her story. As Dan said a little while ago, there could be a whole novel about this character that's not a science fiction novel, that’s actually, I guess, a literary novel or historical novel about this woman's journey. But then something happens. She goes to a hilltop and learns how to do something that changes the universe. So, one thing that was really surprising to me that I think we tried to emulate with the show is just that it doesn’t feel like science fiction at first. It takes a while until you get that. You’re not starting out on the planet Zurgon watching the Zurgonots launch their, uh, Zurgo missiles.

WEISS: Season 2 will begin and end on Zurgon. It’s completely on the planet Zurgon.

I don’t know if you guys want to add anything else, but I’ll just say that when I was watching Episode 2, I was like, “What the F show am I watching?” Because there’s the introduction of video games and this other stuff, and I’m just like, “What am I watching?” I don’t know if you want to touch on that.

WOO: I think it’s one of the virtues of the book and one of the virtues of the show. In trying to preserve the spirit of the books, you’re constantly a little wrong-footed the whole time. It starts a historical fiction, and then it’s a murder mystery, and then suddenly we’re in science fiction. How does all that tie together? There’s a video game in the middle of all of it, and how does that connect to everything else? I think that’s part of the intrigue in watching all of those big pieces of the jigsaw puzzle come together in a really satisfying way is one of the pleasures of the show, I hope.

A custom image of Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra Targaryen, Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen, and Eiza Gonzalez as Auggie Salazar
Related
'3 Body Problem' and 'House of the Dragon' Prove One of 'Game of Thrones' Greatest Strengths
So you guys have rough cuts of the episodes, and you obviously show them to friends and family. Who gave you the best notes or feedback that made you look at the show in a completely new light and say, “Oh, wait a minute. Did we forget this?”

WEISS: We were lucky enough to have people around us who have our backs, who want the best for us and for the show, and who are completely without remorse in their willingness to stomp on something if they feel it needs to be stomped on. I’m thinking first and foremost about our wives, who, I hope, love us more than anybody else and are also willing to just tear into something. One might even say that there’s a certain pleasure taken. But yeah, it was our wives first and foremost, but there’s some other people — Scott Frank, Mark Bomback.

BENIOFF: Yeah, I was going to single out Dan’s college roommate, who happens to be this incredible screenwriter named Mark Bomback, who gave us one piece of advice that really changed one whole episode. The structure of it was completely changed based on a note he gave us.

WEISS: It’s really helpful to have people who know nothing about it and who want to like it, because that’s the analog for the ideal person. You’re showing a show to somebody, and they don’t know anything about it. Nobody turns on a show because they want to hate it. Everybody turns on a show because they’re looking for something they want to love. Find somebody who fits that profile but also has the ability to notice when something’s wrong, and [has] the language to tell you what that something wrong is and knows how to maybe suggest ways you might fix it. We’re just really lucky to have people like that in our lives.

I hadn’t read the books or knew anything before I pushed play, but was so happy because I didn’t know anything. I’m going to go back to what I asked towards the beginning. Hypothetically, Netflix gives you a green light and lets you make a Season 2. What’s the soonest you can actually be filming?

BENIOFF: Fall.

Of this year? So there’s a chance that Season 2 could be on at the end of next year?

BENIOFF: That seems optimistic.

WEISS: I’m not a scheduling person.

You can stream Season 1 of 3 Body Problem on Netflix now. For more on the series, check out our interview with the Oxford 5.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 Body Problem enjoys belated Netflix success as season 2 hopes get a rocket-fueled boost
Inviting more people to the watch party

Sophon hovers in the air with 3 suns behind her in Netflix's 3 Body Problem TV series
3 Body Problem's audience figure increased by nearly a third in its second week on Netflix(Image credit: Netflix)
After a lackluster debut, Netflix's 3 Body Problem has seemingly overcome its viewership issues to become the streamer's most popular show of the week.

Releasing its latest internal weekly viewing figures yesterday (April 2), Netflix revealed that 3 Body Problem performed better in its second week on the platform. Per Netflix's Top 10 TV chart, the expensive sci-fi series, whose 11 million views in its first four days post-launch was a disappointing return for everyone involved, posted a far healthier 15.6 million views for the week running March 25 to 31. That's 2.1 million more than its nearest rival Testament: The Story of Moses, and almost four million more views than 3 Body Problem achieved between March 18 and 24 (NB: it wasn't released until March 21).

In total, Netflix users streamed 115.6 million hours of 3 Body Problem – a figure two times larger than The Story of Moses' 57.4 million hours during the same six-day period. The Gentlemen, which surprisingly saw off 3 Body Problem's top spot challenge last week, finished third with 7.8 million views and 51.9 million hours streamed.

Shooting for the season 2 stars
Jin Cheng points at something in the sky in a VR simulation in Netflix's 3 Body Problem
Pointing the way to a potential second season like... (Image credit: Ed Miller/Netflix)
3 Body Problem's belated success will come as a relief to Netflix. The world's best streaming service had high hopes for its first project from Game of Thrones' TV creators D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, but its sluggish start is sure to have worried Netflix executives. Indeed, the show's underwhelming 11 million views in its first week was a galactic misfire for Netflix, but it appears to have found some unused rocket fuel to boost its standing among Netflix's global fanbase.

LATEST VIDEOS FROM techradar

Increasing its viewership by a third in just seven days certainly improves its chances of securing a second season, too. Weiss, Benioff, and 3 Body Problem's other creators are already working on season 2, which would adapt The Dark Forest – the second novel in Liu Cixin's 3 Body Problem book series – for the streaming titan. Netflix hasn't commented on the show's prospects of being renewed, but an uptick in viewers will strengthen 3 Body Problem's case for another outing. With GoT's TV creators crafting a mind-boggling sci-fi show with a surprising amount of heart, I'm sure many fans would be disappointed if it's cancelled after a single season.

That all said, it remains to be seen if 3 Body Problem can continue to dominate the streamer's TV chart. With new Netflix shows, including the Andrew Scott-starring thriller series Ripley and dark comedy Baby Reindeer set to arrive on April 4 and April 11 respectively, 3 Body Problem might not be able to hold onto top spot for much longer. If you're unsure whether it's worth watching, you'll want to check out my 3 Body Problem review first – and if you're not sold after reading that, you can find plenty more suggestions for series to stream in my best Netflix shows guide.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aliens can’t stand the childish tantrumic antics of ccp too. need to invade earth to rid universe of these pests.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
aliens will find her repulsive and refuse to mate with her as they clone and used to rely on ivf instead of looking for virgin lobang. they prefer amdl blonds.
Sex may not always be for reproduction. Very often, it is for the excitement.

When prince philip went on world tour on Royal Yacht Britanniain 1950s, his crew had wild sex with indigenous people in remote places. Even his personal assistant Michael Parker got sacked by his wife during that period.

Such exotic submissive women brainwashed by the cultural revolution will madly milk them dry on bed.

ZINE_TSENG_PressPhoto-e1691451367956.jpg

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
netflix shld do a spinoff on ye wenjie so we can c more of her. :cool:
Ye wenjie is like every man's dream in a oppressive society, obediently waiting to be taken advantage by her superiors.

Even the Ye wenjie in China's version of 3 Body Problem (below), depicts such image.

1670492036967.jpg

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ye wenjie is like every man's dream in a oppressive society, obediently waiting to be taken advantage by her superiors.

Even the Ye wenjie in China's version of 3 Body Problem (below), depicts such image.

1670492036967.jpg

i havent watched ze tiong version but in ze netflix version, she doesn’t look submissive. :cool:

but ye wenjie does remind me of dis movie xiuxiu the sent down girl.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
i havent watched ze tiong version but in ze netflix version, she doesn’t look submissive. :cool:

but ye wenjie does remind me of dis movie xiuxiu the sent down girl.

i also didn't watch the china version.

Yes, similar timeline as the sent down girl. I wonder if the actress was under 18 when she showed her tits in the movie.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
can’t leemember if she show her tits but she iz 16 then. :eek::eek:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Xiaolu

i tink xiuxiu iz a representation of wat director joan chen herself went thru.
i also didn't watch the china version.

Yes, similar timeline as the sent down girl. I wonder if the actress was under 18 when she showed her tits in the movie.

Trailer :

Full movie :

Wenxiu, nicknamed Xiu Xiu, a 15-year-old girl living in the city of Chengdu, is sent out to study horses in the countryside with a nomadic Tibetan. She is told that after six months, she will return to take charge of her all-girl cavalry unit. Her only friend is the eunuch horseman Lao Jin, who takes care of her while teaching her to herd horses. But after the six months are up, she quickly discovers that she is not allowed to return.

As Xiu Xiu loses hope, she falls for the lies of a peddler who tells her he can get her out of the place, but does not return after having sex with her. Her innocence is slowly corrupted by a stream of men who use her only for sex, barely keeping up the conceit by telling her that they are able to get her back to her hometown. She starts to believe the lies the men perfunctorily tell her, as she spitefully lectures Lao Jin that the men who come in the night and have their way with her are important men who can help her get back.

Xiu Xiu gets pregnant and goes for a traumatic abortion in the hospital. The female doctors gossip about her. After the operation, she is raped by one of the patients, a man who shot himself in the foot to get disability benefits in the state-controlled economy. Lao Jin gets angry and assaults the rapist, but is restrained by the other patients while the doctors make snide remarks about how Xiu Xiu enjoys being raped.

After Xiu recuperates, she tries to shoot herself in the foot so she can get sent back home, but cannot bring herself to pull the trigger. She asks Lao Jin to shoot her foot, then changes her mind and asks him to shoot her dead instead. He does so, then shoots himself and falls on her body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiu_Xiu:_The_Sent_Down_Girl

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trailer :

Full movie :

Wenxiu, nicknamed Xiu Xiu, a 15-year-old girl living in the city of Chengdu, is sent out to study horses in the countryside with a nomadic Tibetan. She is told that after six months, she will return to take charge of her all-girl cavalry unit. Her only friend is the eunuch horseman Lao Jin, who takes care of her while teaching her to herd horses. But after the six months are up, she quickly discovers that she is not allowed to return.

As Xiu Xiu loses hope, she falls for the lies of a peddler who tells her he can get her out of the place, but does not return after having sex with her. Her innocence is slowly corrupted by a stream of men who use her only for sex, barely keeping up the conceit by telling her that they are able to get her back to her hometown. She starts to believe the lies the men perfunctorily tell her, as she spitefully lectures Lao Jin that the men who come in the night and have their way with her are important men who can help her get back.

Xiu Xiu gets pregnant and goes for a traumatic abortion in the hospital. The female doctors gossip about her. After the operation, she is raped by one of the patients, a man who shot himself in the foot to get disability benefits in the state-controlled economy. Lao Jin gets angry and assaults the rapist, but is restrained by the other patients while the doctors make snide remarks about how Xiu Xiu enjoys being raped.

After Xiu recuperates, she tries to shoot herself in the foot so she can get sent back home, but cannot bring herself to pull the trigger. She asks Lao Jin to shoot her foot, then changes her mind and asks him to shoot her dead instead. He does so, then shoots himself and falls on her body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiu_Xiu:_The_Sent_Down_Girl

spoiler alert :biggrin: