• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AH Tan, where are u? Your MummyLand need u to defend again AMDK Big Shot sirs insult and threat..

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...gan-chase-would-exit-china-if-ordered-to.html

Jamie Dimon says JPMorgan Chase would exit China if ordered to​

PUBLISHED WED, NOV 29 2023 10:51 AM ESTUPDATED WED, NOV 29 2023 12:34 PM EST

Hugh Son
@HUGH_SON
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said Wednesday that his bank, if ordered by the U.S. government, would exit China, the world's second-largest economy.
  • "If the American government makes me leave China, I'm leaving China," Dimon said at the DealBook Summit.
  • Growing geopolitical tensions have raised concerns that China could move to annex Taiwan.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The more 'seng mok' companies have already left China and are not coming back.

The only notable exceptions are Foxconn (Apple), whose boss has been tasked to stir shit in the upcoming Taiwan election. And Tesla, Elon Musk is being held hostage, his Tesla factories can be confiscated anytime.

Should have thought of this day before letting that trashy country join the WTO in 2001. :cool:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSBC (HSBA.L) is well provisioned against further China real estate losses, its CEO Noel Quinn said on Wednesday, amid a slump for the country's property market that has led to bank writedowns in recent quarterly earnings.

Quinn reiterated that he felt the China property market had bottomed out, but said collateral consequences would potentially cause further losses for some banks.

"We feel as though we're well provisioned," Quinn told the Financial Times' Global Banking Summit event in London.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex.../financial-contagion-hsbc-china-hong-kong/amp

Financial contagion warning as HSBC is told to brace for ‘catastrophic’ £6.3billion hit​

Bob Lyddon fears losses in Hong Kong and China could "blow a hole in the bank's equity".​

By CIARAN MCGRATH
08:00, Sat, Nov 25, 2023 | UPDATED: 20:22, Sat, Nov 25, 2023
Comment section
CONTINUE READING
HSBC

HSBC has been warned it faces a £6bn financial 'hit' in Xi Jinping's China (Image: GETTY)
HSBC is facing a "hit" of more than £6.3billion as a result of unsecured commercial property loans into China, a UK-based tax consultant has warned.

ctax=Campaigns^5095124397^2941575026^5840598858^^Impression-5840598858138372798682"

Bob Lyddon branded the situation a ‘disaster’ - and warned of a "financial contagion" risk which could have a knock-on effect on Britain’s economy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why care about economic growth and business? Just close China's borders, become like North Korea. Build a huge statue of Supreme Leader Xi.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEXT

From Tianjin to Woodlands: An Immigrant’s Journey To Be a Singaporean Minimart Owner​

Standard story
by Kimberly LimJuly 21, 2023
SHARE TO

From Tianjin to Woodlands: An Immigrant’s Journey To Be a Singaporean Minimart Owner

Singaporean Enough delves into the captivating tales of immigrants weaving their identities and lives into the vibrant fabric of Singapore. We shed light on their journey of assimilation, bridging cultures and finding a shared sense of belonging in a new country they call home.​

All images by Stephanie Lee for RICE Media

C & H Minimart sits at the foot of Block 605 on Woodlands Drive 42. It’s been there for 26 years, and it shows.
Bright yellow gachapon machines flank the entrance to the shop. Step through an entrance sporting yellowed, faded posters, and it’s as if you’ve been transported back in time.
Narrow aisles are packed full of everything you could think of—organised chaos. The concrete floors are marked with worn-out paths. The store configuration clearly hasn’t changed in years.
Some items, like the cheap wireless earphones hanging near the cash register, are obviously of this decade. Others, like the neon-cloured plastic sand play sets, could have been plucked straight from my childhood in the 2000s.
At the helm of this institution is perhaps an unexpected character: China-born Zhao Hui, who only became a Singaporean citizen in 2018.
It’s a Friday when I arrive at the minimart to speak to him—his only rest day every week. He ushers me into the empty store, opened up specially for me, and settles naturally at his post behind the counter.
He looks the part of a local mama shop boss. But his younger self back in China would never have foreseen how he would eventually become a prominent fixture in Woodlands.
Singapore minimart woodlands

A Different Time

The 45-year-old was born in rural Gansu, but grew up in the city of Tianjin.
The ‘60s and ‘70s marked China’s Cultural Revolution. Thanks to Mao Zedong’s Up to the Mountains and Down to the Countryside Movement, an initiative to combat pro-bourgeois sensibilities, Zhao Hui’s city-dwelling parents were sent to the rural grasslands at the tender age of 18.
It was there that they met, married, and had Zhao Hui and his elder brother.
He tells me in his native Mandarin, however, that he only remembers his childhood in Tianjin.
“I was always extroverted and on the lively side. In fact, some might say I was too lively,” he says, revealing that he was scolded and beaten often.
He gets a mischievous glint in his eye as he recounts, “I was always moving and never stopped. I did a lot of dangerous things in my childhood. I wouldn’t walk properly on the pavement. Instead, I’d balance on the walls of people’s houses.”
His mother once brought him to a mental hospital because she suspected he had attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). But she didn’t get an official diagnosis. Instead, the doctor just confirmed that Zhao Hui was simply “very playful”.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/financ...development-construction-china-023500831.html

Tianjin can really learn from SG - world Top Smartest Nation

15 Years of Development and Construction of China-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City: From Salt-Alkali Wasteland to Green New City​

September 18, 2023, 10:35 am
TIANJIN, China, Sept. 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- China-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City (hereinafter referred to as the "Eco-City") is a significant cooperative project between the governments of China and Singapore. It is also the world's first eco-city developed through intergovernmental collaboration, with construction commencing on September 28, 2008. Over the past fifteen years, with joint efforts from both China and Singapore, the Eco-City has become a thriving and sustainable home on the once salt-alkali wasteland.

The Eco-City has firmly grasped the direction of building a modern industrial system, resulting in dominant industrial clusters such as intelligent technology services, cultural and health tourism, and green building and development. It has seen the number of market entities exceeding 28,000, with the proportion of industrial tax revenue reaching 76%. The Eco-City has attracted a number of prestigious institutions and high-quality projects, including China Nuclear Industry University and China Electronics Technology Group Corporation, with over 40% of investments coming from Beijing's enterprises.

The Eco-City has deeply embraced the development philosophy of putting people first to persistently ensure and improve people's livelihoods while continuously enhancing their sense of happiness, fulfillment, and security. The resident population in the region has exceeded 130,000, with the number of students in schools and kindergartens reaching 35,000, which shows the growing attractiveness and influence of the city.

In terms of education, the Eco-City has introduced high-quality educational resources such as Tianjin Nankai High School and Tianjin Foreign Languages School affiliated to Tianjin Foreign Studies University. In the fields of healthcare services, it has made dedicated efforts to attract renowned hospitals and doctors while continuously optimizing healthcare resources.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why suddenly so quiet?
AH Tan also kena miss salary payments?

Doggies bark when they are instructed to by their masters, and keep silent when their masters tell them to.

They have no independent thought or will of their own.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of China’s most indebted provinces and municipalities appear to be facing their moment of reckoning. With governments in such regions having yet to devise clear plans to restructure or reduce debt, investment and economic growth are already sputtering.

Tianjin, one of China’s four municipalities directly under the administration of the central government, saw its fixed-asset investment slump by more than 20 per cent in the first three quarters of 2023, year on year, bringing its gross domestic product (GDP) growth – 4.6 per cent in that period – below the national average of 5.2 per cent.

The city’s property-development investment in the first nine months of the year almost halved, year on year – a sign of less fiscal revenue, including from land sales, as fewer people buy homes.

Its infrastructure investment, usually led by the government, also dropped by 12.6 per cent in the period.