• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AH GIRLS GO ARMY RECEIVES MULTIPLE BAD REVIEWS FROM MEDIA

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, the same story is set over and over again, Ah Girls go army is the 5th Jack Neo army movie that is in the theatres.

Yahoo gave the movie 1 out 5 stars for lack of story focus, full of advertisements in the movie, and calls it a “disappointment”.

8Days called his movies “amateurish” and that the movie is going downhill.

Mothership calls it “120 mins of advertisement with a hint of the movie.”

Epic reviewers say “The movie gave me cancer“​

My Grandfather smoked his whole life.

I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, “If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.”

Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer.

It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- ‘Don’t ever smoke. Please don’t put your family through what your Grandfather put us through.”

I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette.

I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because the movie gave me cancer anyway.

Forum users said:​

• There’s basically zero effort, I remember seeing casting news last October, and now it’s fully released in theatres in a week?! This movie went cleared nearly half of pre-production to post-production in the span of 4 months. It was clearly rushed, either because nobody wants to work on this project, or because there is just ridiculously poor planning. No way in hell did anybody expected this to do well.
  • I expect this to just be a 90 minute long youtube skit. Ain’t paying to find out tho
  • “I never called this movie lazy because it takes effort to be this terrible”
  • Jack, enough means enough la. 4 already dry you want whack 5.
  • This is Neo’s latest effort to make money from advertisers.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should do a Slut of Mediacorp that talks about all the whores in history and how they slept their way up.
Like this fucking whore here.

zoe-tay-1.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jack Neo should consider making deliberately shitty movies with no govt propaganda or moral preachy nonsense, make it very low budget and abstract. Try to mix everything: sex, horror, action, comedy, thriller etc.

If lucky, after many years those movies might become cult classics.

Something like this:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a bloke who was super excited about this movie and was dying to watch it since December. He messaged me yesterday to say that it was a superb and funny movie. He's a die hard PAPPIE balls carrier. To him, everything the govt does is always correct.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's a fantastic movie kudos to Jack Neo for coming up with one gem after another. He really is talented.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since he always like to poke fun at pap and army type my uncle think he should make 1 about oppie taking over gov and pap activate militalee coup . Will be much better than all the leepeated bmt

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jack Neo should consider making deliberately shitty movies with no govt propaganda or moral preachy nonsense, make it very low budget and abstract. Try to mix everything: sex, horror, action, comedy, thriller etc.

If lucky, after many years those movies might become cult classics.

Something like this:

If u think Jack Neo has any desire to be known for his works decades on, u better get your head checked.

No money no talk!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thought this movie is so bad that it is unwatchable. it would be so bad that it is actually enjoyable to watch. really terrible movie would be absurdly fun to watch.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.8days.sg/seeanddo/whats...t-look-like-singapore-shot-on-phones-15498574

Ah Girls Go Army Review: Jack Neo's Tone-Deaf Military Comedy Makes You Wonder When He Last Hung Out Around Young Women​

C’mon, Jack, you’re better than this unflattering depiction of women.
1.5-min read
  • Douglas Tseng
BY DOUGLAS TSENG
01 FEB 2022 15:15
UPDATED 01 FEB 2022 14:50

ah girls go army main pic

Ah Girls Go Army (PG13)
Starring Apple Chan, Glenn Yong, Yang Guang Ke Le, Belle Chua, Xixi Lim
Directed by Jack Neo

Congratulations, Jack Neo! You’ve made the first worst movie of 2022.
If a movie is judged by the number of times I sighed, fidgeted, gasped in horror, eye-rolled, face-palmed and threatened to walk out, then Ah Girls Go Army, Neo’s latest magnum opus (the first of two parts), is a roaring success — he’s still reliably unreliable. Sigh.

The movie, an off-shoot of the obscenely lucrative Ah Boys to Men series, is set in the near future — holy smoke, Neo does sci-fi! — where females are drafted to military service due to Singapore’s shrinking male population (This whole conscription business is explained in a heavy-handed prologue; a more efficient, sophisticated storyteller would’ve used an opening scroll instead.)
And it’s all downhill from here. Tsk.

Neo may be a veteran filmmaker, but his movies always have an amateurish and slapdash telefeature feel to them, as if they were made by a noob. Or is Neo parodying his own works? Can’t tell really.

In AGGA, this lamentable state of arrested development is even more pronounced: Beneath the seemingly progressive façade, it’s aggressively regressive, especially in its unflattering depiction of women — juvenile, clueless and asinine. Seriously, do young women really behave like this? Jack, when was the last time you hung out with young women?

I can’t believe what happens in the movie, and I can’t believe that the movie was made. In what parallel universe do Neo and his collaborators/enablers think it’s remotely funny to name Xixi Lim’s plus-sized recruit ‘Yuan Yuanyuan’? (In Mandarin, ‘Yuan’ means round. Okay, we geddit — she’s overweight, you don’t have to say it three times.)

Neo really loves his name puns: he has previously caught heavy flak naming another tomboyish enlistee, played by transgender actress Kelly Kimberly Cheong, ‘Amanda Man’. He apologised and promised to change her name. But guess what? He merely dropped her last surname. Cheong’s scenes are also suspiciously reduced. Oh well, she’s all better for it.

Then again, Neo doesn’t do characters — he does caricatures and clichés and he marches to the beat of his own drum. Problem is, he’s tone-deaf. Other risible misfires: a PG-friendly hand-job gag and shenanigans involving a suicidal trainee There’s also lot of fighting. Is Neo making a women’s prison movie? Sigh.
Elsewhere, don’t get me started on the product placements, so pervasive that it’s as good as breaking down the fourth wall. Neo might as well slap a title card that says “This scene is brought to you by [insert product/brand]”. You have to admire him as a money-maker, but as a filmmaker, not as much.
At the end of the day, you have to hand it to the cast who were game enough to indulge in Neo’s worst impulses. As restitution, he should cut them a bigger slice of the box-office pie. (1/5 stars)
Photo: mm2 Entertainment