• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AGC & the Court of Public Opinion - Massive Boo Boo

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a question.. and hope all here can explain or give some info.

I remember once.. that a Minister said that one should not question the ruling of the court.. but can give opinions or something of that sort of how they felt about the case. (is that right?)

So.. is it contempt to ask, "why no charges for causing a person's death?", "why jail term so short when an innocent's life was taken?", "how can a mad person work in Sg?"

So.. how does the AGC ascertain contempt of the courts anyways? I wan to be clear so that I don't get bamboozled by either the AGC or law practitioners on what can or can't be said/posted.

And to be honest.. I am still wonderin why this PRC man.. who was reported to have a mental disorder, allowed to work in Sg?

In addition, I am also worried if this PRC man, who is said to have a mental disorder, can have 25months (backdated to his date of capture or watever), can punch a cabby, hijack the car and ram and killed another man.. and charged in court.. no canning.. can be used as a previous case example for other ppl who might do the same thing.. or WORSE!!

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a question.. and hope all here can explain or give some info.

I remember once.. that a Minister said that one should not question the ruling of the court.. but can give opinions or something of that sort of how they felt about the case. (is that right?)

So.. is it contempt to ask, "why no charges for causing a person's death?", "why jail term so short when an innocent's life was taken?", "how can a mad person work in Sg?"

So.. how does the AGC ascertain contempt of the courts anyways? I wan to be clear so that I don't get bamboozled by either the AGC or law practitioners on what can or can't be said/posted.

And to be honest.. I am still wonderin why this PRC man.. who was reported to have a mental disorder, allowed to work in Sg?

In addition, I am also worried if this PRC man, who is said to have a mental disorder, can have 25months (backdated to his date of capture or watever), can punch a cabby, hijack the car and ram and killed another man.. and charged in court.. no canning.. can be used as a previous case example for other ppl who might do the same thing.. or WORSE!!

Singapoire is a pirate port ruled by the pirate gang of Leegime. The courts of Kangaroo with one-legged pirates and one hooked hand each called themselves judges and lawyers. They are in contempt of Singaporeans. Guilty of treason, sedition and power abuse. Their sentences are currently suspended but are coming. The foreign media and courts of law are looking carefully into the kangaroo courts of Singapore as far as I know.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can always question the ruling of the Court. It is how you question that makes the difference between legitimate even harsh but deserved criticism and “contempt by scandalising the court”. Without going into confusing details, if you subject the Court to “scurrilous abuse” like what Yawning Bread did when it said that the Sinkie courts are biased in favour of the rich or something like that then it is contempt. Whether this “scandalising the court” thingy is outdated or not is best left for another post. I think it is way, way outdated. Also, subject to abuse in a one party, one family context. Contempt covers many other aspects including preventing Trial by Media. Enforcement of this aspect is sadly lacking in Sinkie Town. Look at that Chow Aqua ChewCheng's avatar and you'll know what I mean.

On Sammyboy, you can say call a spade a spade. Just don't get caught and please share your nick with your friends and family.

Charges are brought by the AGC, not the Court. The AGC is part of the Executive. One can humtum AGC left, right and centre without having to worry about contempt of court, ‘cos AGC is not court, it is PAP lackey. PAP always consider Govt and Lightning as one and the same mah!

Sentencing can be questioned. Best if you have examples of similar cases that got different treatment. Also can embarrass them by asking for statistics. They don’t give – people assume they have something to hide. If they give – you can study to use it against them and sets a precedent for next time – last time you give mah, this time you don’t give must have something to hide right. Of course, if have Freedom of Information Act is best lah. For further info, ask Pritam, this seems to be his pet topic.

Gila FT work in Sinkieland, that one is Immigration dept mah. Nothing to do with court. Feel free to whack. Ministars are MPs first and foremost. MPs are elected to serve the people not lord over them. Don't understand why Sinkies so docile. Unsinkify thyselves before it's too late.

So.. how does the AGC ascertain contempt of the courts anyways? I wan to be clear so that I don't get bamboozled by either the AGC or law practitioners on what can or can't be said/posted. ................

I’m going to eat my vegetables now. Other questions answer another time another post hor. Please feel free to whack the PAP sponsored nicks here. Make them work hard for your money. Maybe not in this thread hor.

PS: Don't confuse me with the real Ah Meng OK! If you see the real Ah Meng, please SPIT on him. Teach all these FAT CATS a lesson for contributing to the KANGAROO-isation of Sinkie everything.

Last edited:

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sponsored like yours? How is Tey holding up in IMH? I hope he pays you enough to kanna humtam here. LOL!

I almost confuse you with ah meng because IQ almost the same.

250px-AhMeng.jpg

I’m going to eat my vegetables now. Other questions answer another time another post hor. Please feel free to whack the PAP sponsored nicks here. Make them work hard for your money. Maybe not in this thread hor.

PS: Don't confuse me with the real Ah Meng OK! If you see the real Ah Meng, please SPIT on him. Teach all these FAT CATS a lesson for contributing to the KANGAROO-isation of Sinkie everything.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
student giving modest gifts like $20 pens are common. But gifts amounting to thousands ofbucks is definitely not common, even in work place.

Wow... a $20 pen is a 'modest gift'. I'd be happy if someone gives a $1 Pilot ballpoint pen. :o

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow... a $20 pen is a 'modest gift'. I'd be happy if someone gives a $1 Pilot ballpoint pen. :o

Don't we hunger to give that sexy colleague of ours, our Balls pointed pen?? ha ha ha ha worth more than a $1 & can be more than a modest gift too..it can lead to something big also!:biggrin:

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sponsored like yours? .........

Hahaha, Ah Beng PAP IB fell straight for the trap. Don't even need to provide link to any of your crap posts and you jump straight into this thread to provide example of contempt of court by abuse of Social Media with your crap avatar. Sinkies remember, this is done with YOUR taxpayers' money.

Anyone can see from my posts that Ah Tey won't be able to afford my lawyer fees of at least SGD 750 per hour. Your posts? Anyone can see it is done by an Ah Beng "good" at playing Xbox games and nothing else. Your fast reply is an indication that you're paid PAP IB. A few Ah Beng clowns using your nick.

Had an absolutely fabulous dinner last night where I treated my staff - absolutely no corruption involved - unless the AGC has been ordered to fix me. I will of course never hire anyone as dumb as YOU.

Flaming should be done there:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ere-(To-Be-Incinerated)&p=1504815#post1504815

Last edited:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear WongmengMeng, thank you for the info.

I just think that the AGC is bloody lousy and wasting time and taxpayers' money on "trivial matters" when it sent those letters.

If just a few posts online can undermine the courts of Sg, then we are in serious trouble. Even if there are over ten thousand posts online discussing the court's decision.. would that seriously undermine anything or anyone?? I have my doubts. As for the term "contempt", honestly I have only see and heard it being used in the COURTROOM. After all the proceedings in the courtroom.. how does one show contempt?? That is one big question for me.

And seriously, if the AGC wants to pursue such ridiculous tactics to scare ppl, why not send ppl to go to kopi0tiams and serve letters of warning to those who discuss such things? What does the AGC want to do? Make SG into a 'big brother" reality??

If the AGC thinks that it can shut ppl up or shut ppl down from discussing or commenting, it really knows nothing about human beings. Human beings are social creatures.. they mix and mingle.. and they talk and GOSSIP. You want to shut everyone up, best to kill them all.. or do like an idiot does.. cover your own ears and pretend that there is no noise.

If the AGC has so much free time to dabble on "political stuff", why not use that time to really put effort into putting away real criminals and those who break the law on purpose and then try to hide or push or buy someone to take the fall? That would fit the role of the AGC better.. and this is my very honest opinion.

However.. I won't comment further or make any suggestions or watever.. to be honest, I want the AGC to continue to behave like this.. cos the last straw is coming.. and the camel's back is already straining...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their action surprised many. It looked childish and quite desperate.

By the way it is quite obvious that the public by their comments and pressure at the ballot box now driving some of the changes to existing flawed policies. DO agree on the point of remuneration.

@ scroobal

However in this particular instance I would prefer that you refrain from giving suggestions on how the AGC or LEEgime should act.

You can be sure that you won't be rewarded by LEEgime or FamiLEE for how to run Sinkieland. By reward I mean a tenth or even a thousandth of what Pinky or his ministars are getting annually.

In the worst scenario, you might receive a subpoena for COC (contempt of court).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is where the law fraternity needs to raise their collective voice. If the Law Society are constrained maybe a new team is due.

Master of Teleportation, Chan Sick Keong, had in 2010 asked for the law of contempt to be in statutory form.

Master of Selling Beef as Lamb, Shame-mugam promised to have the draft bill tabled before Parliament by end of 2012.

Grossly overpaid Ministar, now is April 2013! Why the delay? Something fishy going on.

They want to quash criticism of some FIXING cases began in 2012 using present feudal style laws before bringing the new modern rules?

Will the Law Society be asked for comments on this Contempt of Court Bill? It is already a joke that the LS cannot comment on legislation unless called upon by Parliament. Will be the greatest joke on earth if LS is not allowed to comment on a bill so intimately connected with the work of lawyers.

Click for 2012 newspaper report:

http://www2.smu.edu.sg/news_room/smu_in_the_news/2012/sources/TODAY_20120518_1.pdf

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When things like like this happens - shooting from the hips it is usually instructions from their political masters. Old man, GCT, Jayakumar etc have done it before. Old man who forced the legislation on firecrackers one day read in the news about someone getting fined for firecrackers and got highly agitated. The next day prosecution for such simple cases were taken over a State Counsel and an Asst Commissioner assisting. 2 superscale officers to handle only firecrackers. All got jailed, representation for some cases were denied. Jayakumar used to get upset when lift molestors got off lightly as he helped make the change for enhanced punishment. Sure a phone call ail follow.

These things will never happen if Walter Woon was on the chair. It demeans the AGC.

Dear WongmengMeng, thank you for the info.

If the AGC thinks that it can shut ppl up or shut ppl down from discussing or commenting, it really knows nothing about human beings. Human beings are social creatures.. they mix and mingle.. and they talk and GOSSIP. You want to shut everyone up, best to kill them all.. or do like an idiot does.. cover your own ears and pretend that there is no noise.

If the AGC has so much free time to dabble on "political stuff", why not use that time to really put effort into putting away real criminals and those who break the law on purpose and then try to hide or push or buy someone to take the fall? That would fit the role of the AGC better.. and this is my very honest opinion.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dumb fuck opposition supporting retards. That China man only got 2 years because he was a China man. If he was a local, he would have got less than 6 mths. Retarded uneducated opposition supporting morons should check up on all the fatal hit and run accidents in the last few years and see the sentencing. Comment and complaining without using facts and brains

How much is the PAP paying you for this post?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is where the Opposition MP's can do their duty - as they enjoy Parliamentary Immunity for anything voiced in Parliament.

Many of the Opposition MP's are lawyers-Sylvia, Chen SM ect2.
Chen SM has been especially quiet.
Go see your MP and asked them to voice your opinions in Parliament-and lets see what the AG Chambers will do!

It is at times like this that the locals should be reminded of the need to elect more Opposition MP's into Parliament.

Anyway not so long ago there was a public "differences of opinion" between 2 Rafflesians -one Lee Wei Ling and AG Walter Woon-what happened after that?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The change of leadership and the type of behind the new leadership will send a signal to society and to the PAP. They do not have to go into the trenches like Teo and Francis did and give the old man a good fight while EW Barker as the powerless chairman sat quietly. They can make representations and brief their members. They then become pressure points.

The Law Society has been beaten up enough. They won't dare to step on the PAP or the government.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent points.

WP has a few on the flight path, more should step forward and join other parties. We certainly need numbers.

This is where the Opposition MP's can do their duty - as they enjoy Parliamentary Immunity for anything voiced in Parliament.

Many of the Opposition MP's are lawyers-Sylvia, Chen SM ect2.
Chen SM has been especially quiet.
Go see your MP and asked them to voice your opinions in Parliament-and lets see what the AG Chambers will do!

It is at times like this that the locals should be reminded of the need to elect more Opposition MP's into Parliament.

Anyway not so long ago there was a public "differences of opinion" between 2 Rafflesians -one Lee Wei Ling and AG Walter Woon-what happened after that?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Excellent points.

WP has a few on the flight path, more should step forward and join other parties. We certainly need numbers.

The AGC needs to wake up to the reality thatbhey are supposed to b a organ of state which means there shoud be some sepration of powers and ndependence....not just the government's butch.....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excellent points.

WP so much different fm DAP (Msia opp party). Sad to say Not as vocal as DAP.

LTK still cant beat the late JBJ. Latter a born politician i must say!