• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After 65, you can borrow money from yourself if unemployed

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trust me, I won't be competing with anyone for those two retirement plans you stated. I rather stick to my RWS Retirement Plan.

Anyway, nice to know Singaporeans have a wide range of retirement plans to choose from, ISA, CLTPA, IMH, RWS, MBS etc. Not bad. :biggrin: There're even chalet resorts in Changi. I heard CSJ and UY are going. FOC! In fact if they don't want to go, then they'll have to pay tens of thousands of dollars. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I can't believe that they pay themselves million $ salaries to come up with shit like this. If they come up with fantastic policies that benefit everyone tremendously, no one would begrudge their high salaries. But the logic behind this proposal is retarded.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't believe that they pay themselves million $ salaries to come up with shit like this. If they come up with fantastic policies that benefit everyone tremendously, no one would begrudge their high salaries. But the logic behind this proposal is retarded.

Agree, agree. It is not the millions we pay them that is upsetting. It is paying those amount to clowns and retards that we kpkb.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loan from our own money and yet we still have to pay back? :oIo:

Uniquely Singapore! :oIo::oIo:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest nightmare of shock and surprise and despair is when one day u wake up to discover that there is no more money in the cash box.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The biggest nightmare of shock and surprise and despair is when one day u wake up to discover that there is no more money in the cash box.

Many here already suspect that the kitty is empty, that's why even though there's a recession they have been increasing prices like mad.

I've made my future plans based on that assumption & would recommend others do the same

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i use CPF to buy a pigeon hole but in fact is using CPF to rent the pigeon hole.
worst, pigeon hole is nvr mine.

CPF contribution is MY hard earned money and now become govt money.
they happy happy change the retirement age.
taking money out from CPF is impossible.
amount to leave behind for your next generation is almost 0
the govt will review your CPF and take their share first.:eek::eek::eek:

now instead of saying withdrawing my money from CPF, it is now call borrowing.:oIo:

and yet, 66% still dun see it.:eek:

S

suicidalpap

Huh ? Borrow money from yourself, 'contribute 1%' (I suppose go to goot's kitty), then pay back, I presume with interest............

Wow, use own $ still must pay 1% cost, plus repay with interest :eek: !!!!!

Only a million-$-salaried MIW can think of such policy.

Can I opt out of CPF and keep my $ under my pillow ? Can then use when I need it, without cost and penalties.

From here we can see how evil PAP is. Opt out? No way unless you give up your citizenship.

S

suicidalpap

There's a possibility that there's only a one dollar coin inside the safe deposit box.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
True but not everyone has the means and wherewithal to migrate.

Not only that. Many other countries, unlike Sinkipore where citizenship is worth less than the paper it was printed on), do not any-old-how take in PRs/citizens.

Even if you want, they also don't want you (unless you invest lots of $ there).

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to turn most of your CPF monies into cash?
Find an insurance agent and buy whatever investment products they have and get the kickbacks in cash. Keep churning and collecting money.......

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, i have already been very fed up with the CPF thingy. raise retirement plan as and when, but decrease the wages of old workers. that is the same as getting cheap labour.

housing is so expensive. yes, some farkers here might say things like ' blame yourself for not having the ability to pay for the flat.' to put it clear, i do have enough CPF, but is it really worth it??? to be tied down with the monthly payments of the hdb loan?

now still come out the new scheme of what, loan money from yourself? then if default how? i go splash paint on my on front door??

the cpf money is ours to begin with. i do not understand why the upper management keep wanting to help us 'manage' our monies.

many like what some forummers says, it is better to migrate to overseas should these weird policies keeps multiplying..

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey make you jobless
dey force you take loan
loan your money to you
late payment, fine you.

banker wins all.:eek: