• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed: Where to make a duplicate car key?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all the responses so far. I've tried a few places, including soxximast, but no luck. (They Say they have no stock.)

The agent is charging $380. Not left with any choice. :(
I can't believe a simple car key costs an extortionate amount !!!

I will proceed with the inevitable by end of the week.

Can you split the "key" into mechanical key component & the electronic lock/unlock remote?
If can, there are lots of pple doing them for you.......... the remote wud cost RM70 in JB; in sg, maybe $50! These bloke know how to clone remote.......

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you split the "key" into mechanical key component & the electronic lock/unlock remote?
If can, there are lots of pple doing them for you.......... the remote wud cost RM70 in JB; in sg, maybe $50! These bloke know how to clone remote.......

Yes, the key can be split. Where in Spore can this be done, please?

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, any bros here know where I can made a copy of my existing car key. This is the remote control version.
I need to made a duplicate, and so this needs programming of a new key and its cutting.

Can anyone advise of a place that does this at a reasonable price? If you have a ballpark figure for the price please let me know too.

Thanks!

Remote control duplication including programming and cutting will cost you between $50 to $100 depending on where you go.

If you go to your dealer it could cost more.

Of course if you just have a simple car with a simple key, it should cost you only $3.50.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remote control duplication including programming and cutting will cost you between $50 to $100 depending on where you go.

If you go to your dealer it could cost more.

Of course if you just have a simple car with a simple key, it should cost you only $3.50.

Aiyoh, that isn't much help. Please tell me where on this red dot can I go and spend under $300 for the re-programming and cutting. (I'm not even hoping for $200, let alone $100. I'm being realistic.)

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK I will tell you of a place. Go to Marine Parade town centre (the open square opposite Parkway Parade). Basically, opposite the DBS Bank and UOB Bank. You will see a square next to the hawker centre/food market and some ad-hoc pushcart shops lined up on the square.

The second shop (on the left hand side) is a key duplication shop. I cannot remember the exact name but their slogan is "THE MASTER OF ALL KEYS".

Here, you can get all kinds of keys done. Including condo access cards and so on. I remember asking them about re-programming/duplication of car remote keys and he told me a price but I cannot remember it exactly.. should be between $50 and $100.

Don't say I'm trying to promote any commercial services hor. I only revealed the location cos you asked!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK I will tell you of a place. Go to Marine Parade town centre (the open square opposite Parkway Parade). Basically, opposite the DBS Bank and UOB Bank. You will see a square next to the hawker centre/food market and some ad-hoc pushcart shops lined up on the square.

The second shop (on the left hand side) is a key duplication shop. I cannot remember the exact name but their slogan is "THE MASTER OF ALL KEYS".

Here, you can get all kinds of keys done. Including condo access cards and so on. I remember asking them about re-programming/duplication of car remote keys and he told me a price but I cannot remember it exactly.. should be between $50 and $100.

Don't say I'm trying to promote any commercial services hor. I only revealed the location cos you asked!

Great! Thanks very much. Actually, I go to that area quite often.

I'll report back if successful. :smile: