• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice from those who hv heart attack before

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are common in both cases are that they changed their life style and watched their diet... What is different is one suffered surgical pain, cost... but the other too a risk. However, the open-heart surgery itself was hell of a big risk. I am not sure who is the wiser.

If you change your lifestyle i.e. watch your diet, I don't see why you need surgery:confused:

That's what I did & today I 'm angina free. Also know others who have done the same. We are using IV Chealtion & watching our diet e.g. supplementing. From time to time I also do some sessions of EECP.

From what I've read many who go through angioplasty, open heart surgery etc end up with the same problem down the road if they don't watch their diet. So invasive procedures like surgery is just a band aid & not a true cure.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Third, try transitional foods. Veggie hot dogs, veggie burgers, and vegetarian deli slices may not be the pinnacle of fine cuisine, but they are very handy. And they will help you as you make the transition into vegetarian foods.

Where to find veggie burgers and hotdog? I have always wanted to make vegan sandwich and other light stuff for main meal but couldn't find these stuff in any supermart. May be I don't know where they placed it as it needs to be cooled for freshness too? At least it help me save money from the inconvenient of eating out and save my transport cost too. I very lazy to walk out of my house in a crowded Singapore, so need to learn to make simple vegan meal.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to find veggie burgers and hotdog? I have always wanted to make vegan sandwich and other light stuff for main meal but couldn't find these stuff in any supermart. May be I don't know where they placed it as it needs to be cooled for freshness too? At least it help me save money from the inconvenient of eating out and save my transport cost too. I very lazy to walk out of my house in a crowded Singapore, so need to learn to make simple vegan meal.

you can buy vegie burger from Sub Way.

many here have provided useful advice , especially johnny333.

never put a stern in your blood vessel.
to clear blockage :
1] stop eating beef , mutton
2] avoid any food that contain hydrogenated oil , like prata , ice cream , margarine ,etc.
3] take black fungus

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand the position of johnny333 and some other guys that advises against stent and open heart surgery.

They have references of friends and sometimes themselves as examples why not to.

I agree totally to a healthy lifestyle living, but with regards to not having surgeries, by having ONLY alternate medicine and health supplements, i have my reservations.

What johnny333 and gang have failed to provide is the empirical figures of people who have complications, or maybe dead, by going for alternate medicine and health supplements. These people will simply classified as dead under natural causes, heart attack or otherwise.

I attended some MLM seminars, they glorified success stories, and muted when the products don't work, putting blame on other factors.

I am not saying what johnny333 and rest recommendations are wrong, but I would take it with a pinch of salt. It's your life, you make the decisions.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
@commoner...

I totally agree with what you've written. We cannot totally write off stents and open heart surgery and other forms of interventional surgery for heart attacks.

It's very dangerous to advocate " No Stents" in this forum. The decision to " Stent" or not has to be made by the cardiologist/heart surgeon and the patient himself.

Emergency stenting and even open heart surgery is now the trend before more damage to the heart muscle occurs. But again, there are advocates for conservative treatment and NO surgical intervention. The Pros and Cons have been debating for a long long time.

IMHO, it is dangerous to openly declare that Stenting and Open Heart Surgery are dangerous and should be avoided at all cost. It all depends on the condition of the patient and also on the amount of damage to the heart muscles plus other co-morbidities and risk factors. It's not an easy decision which involves life and death.

I have friends who have a heart attack and they have gone through different modalities of treatment after an extensive investigation and discussion.

1. Some on conservative treatment.Treat the hypertension, the high cholesterol and diabetes - all the co-morbidites and plus aspirin to thin the blood etc etc ..

2. Somw have stents done - from one to 6 stents plus all the medications...

3. Open Heart Surgery /Bypass surgery - plus all the supportive medications..

So far many have survived their heart attacks and they are doing well....with the supportive medications and the change in life-style which is strongly advocated by all our forummers here...

But of course there are a few who died suddenly from a massive heart attack - some of them are apparently very well, very healthy, very conscious of their life-style and diet. But the heart attack killed them instantly.

My humble suggestion is to treat all the different modalities of treatment and prevention with great caution and let your cardiologist be the co-manager of your " heart condition". It's dangerous to do this alone. One wrong step and we are into our last moment. So do be very careful....:smile:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
@Johnny333 #42

I do respect your view. You demonstrate the benefits by giving yourself as a good example of a heart attack patient who did require any form of surgical intervention. Good for you.

But not all heart attacks are the same - the causation maybe different and the damage maybe different.

We cannot generalise and say that interventional surgery is just a band aid and not a true cure. I sincerely believe that such a strong statement might send the wrong signal to those heart attack patients who might need open heart surgery if the indicatio warrants it.

Thank you for shairing.:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@Johnny333 #42

I do respect your view. You demonstrate the benefits by giving yourself as a good example of a heart attack patient who did require any form of surgical intervention. Good for you.

But not all heart attacks are the same - the causation maybe different and the damage maybe different.

We cannot generalise and say that interventional surgery is just a band aid and not a true cure. I sincerely believe that such a strong statement might send the wrong signal to those heart attack patients who might need open heart surgery if the indicatio warrants it.

Thank you for shairing.:smile:

I did not come to this conclusion myself. I'm just repeating what I have read. There are many doctors in the US who have seen the problems with surgery & are now advocating a different approach e.g. change in lifestyle, diet..... They have also seen that surgery does not work if the person makes no changes to his lifestyle. It is common to see patients having the same problems 2 to 3 years after a surgical procedure.

Many are now advocating the non-invasive treatment such as ECCP as a first line of treatment. They advocate surgery(angioplasty) only in critical situations i.e. a few hours after a heart attack. Long term a change in lifestyle, including a healthy diet is essential. Go read "Dr. Dean Ornish's program for Reversing Heart Disease"

http://www.amazon.com/Ornishs-Progr...+ornish's+program+for+reversing+heart+disease

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand the position of johnny333 and some other guys that advises against stent and open heart surgery.

They have references of friends and sometimes themselves as examples why not to.

I agree totally to a healthy lifestyle living, but with regards to not having surgeries, by having ONLY alternate medicine and health supplements, i have my reservations.

What johnny333 and gang have failed to provide is the empirical figures of people who have complications, or maybe dead, by going for alternate medicine and health supplements. These people will simply classified as dead under natural causes, heart attack or otherwise.

I attended some MLM seminars, they glorified success stories, and muted when the products don't work, putting blame on other factors.

I am not saying what johnny333 and rest recommendations are wrong, but I would take it with a pinch of salt. It's your life, you make the decisions.

Surgery is risky & expensive. There many things that can go wrong. I actually checked into the hospital for angioplasty & had to sign a consent form & let me tell you that when I read about ALL the potential complications e.g. allergic reaction to the dye, accidental bursting of vessel,..etc I had to think twice about the procedure. I wonder how many patient have died from such a procedure:confused: Don't you think that it is strange that they have never revealed the empirical data on the number of deaths caused by this procedure:confused: As you have pointed out, the doctors only talk about their successes like in MLMs :wink:

They don't talk about the side-effects like weakening the vessels, rupturing of the vessels, the allergic reaction to those stents, the stents getting blocked again, the life time requirement for medication & of course the $$$$. I know people who are taking a more natural approach like me. Just wanted let people know that expensive surgery is not the only solution.