• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Access to this forum slowing down, someone throttling the bandwidth?

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice this forum's web performance is not as prompt/fast as it used to be, is it only slowed from SG? Your observations?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice this forum's web performance is not as prompt/fast as it used to be, is it only slowed from SG? Your observations?

If I am using a SINGTEL connection I do not get any page loading problems, rarely but Starhub...the pages does not load or is loading taking a very long time, sometimes this occurs a very long time, one whole day...

I have to use firefox and it loads but no graphics...

but any other site with starhub it is OK! maybe its sammyboy bandwidth??

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe you are right. I did try with my Singtel mobile BB, and performance seems sub-standard, that's why I asked.

Also surfing to other website is really smooth, like you said, while it crawls when back to sammyboy forum.

Is sam tweaking for v.bulletin 4 or something?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me oni notis noticeable performance difference during ...

1. posting of new threads ...
2. preview of new threads/posts ...

Taishi Ci

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but any other site with starhub it is OK! maybe its sammyboy bandwidth??

Erections are near. Under orders from the FAP, your local telcos have been instructed by them to make access to this forum very slow. Page loading very slow with no graphics display. Other sites no problem very fast! :biggrin: Verdict : FAP play dirty. :biggrin: I experienced that since 2 weeks ago but now i'm out of sinkieland so don't have this problem.

Haven't you noticed lately there are government dogs registering accounts? Nicks like hochingrules and elitist :biggrin:

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBFers shld delete pictures/images/viedos if they are quoting in reply. There's no need to re-enclose those pics..etc. They only clog up the bandwidth.

Besides that, bros shld also refrain from quoting the whole lengthy text if all thye wanted to refer to was only a word, a phrase, or even a paragraph. Just delete the rest before hitting the return button.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has Sam fallen on tough times and need to restrict the bandwidth so that his web host doesn't fuck him with huge bills?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Always got database error. leongsam must faster upgrade his kopitiam. It is crumbling leow.

35n7r5i.jpg

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erections are near. Under orders from the FAP, your local telcos have been instructed by them to make access to this forum very slow. Page loading very slow with no graphics display. Other sites no problem very fast! :biggrin: Verdict : FAP play dirty. :biggrin: I experienced that since 2 weeks ago but now i'm out of sinkieland so don't have this problem.

That is about correct, I notice performance drop to this site since 2 weeks ago.

Has Sam fallen on tough times and need to restrict the bandwidth so that his web host doesn't fuck him with huge bills?

Honest mistake, whilst speed reading, I read the last part as - Has Sam fallen on tough times and need to restrict the bandwidth so that his web host doesn't fuck him with huge balls? :biggrin:

Always got database error. leongsam must faster upgrade his kopitiam. It is crumbling leow.

Same here, notice more 'database error' messages recently.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haven't you noticed lately there are government dogs registering accounts? Nicks like hochingrules and elitist :biggrin:

Spot on .

Taishi Ci

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another thing to add :

When you are experiencing slowness again, use a proxy tool to access. You will find that it's ok except for the occasional sammyboy database error problem.

So now do you know the actual cause of the problem? :biggrin:

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing to add :

When you are experiencing slowness again, use a proxy tool to access. You will find that it's ok except for the occasional sammyboy database error problem.

So now do you know the actual cause of the problem? :biggrin:

Interesting, I'll try a web proxy later.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The server is running at about 60% capacity during peak hours so there shouldn't be any significant latency. It's probably caused by the proxy.

Anyone who notices any database errors should simply copy and paste the error notice into a private message and send it to me. I'll then know which table needs repairing.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The server is running at about 60% capacity during peak hours so there shouldn't be any significant latency. It's probably caused by the proxy.

Anyone who notices any database errors should simply copy and paste the error notice into a private message and send it to me. I'll then know which table needs repairing.

Which web host provider do u use?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

If that's the case, why access to oppositiion websites like SDP or WP not slowed down or taken down? You need to bark up the right tree.

Luckily you are out of one of the world's top liveable city, good riddance!!!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that's the case, why access to oppositiion websites like SDP or WP not slowed down or taken down? You need to bark up the right tree.

Luckily you are out of one of the world's top liveable city, good riddance!!!

Cos those dogs view this forum as a more credible threat then those two..:biggrin: