• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

About 80,000 tourists stranded on Hainan Island, China. Shiok lah!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can eat real hainanese chicken rice with fresh chicken for another 7 days....huat ahhhh !!!!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will I still be able to eat Hainanese chicken rice, hopefully my chicken rice seller is not trapped there, or the staff of Han's and Ya Kun .

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Hainanese chicken rice stalls here should use their sales proceeds to help the stranded tiongs there... :laugh:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will I still be able to eat Hainanese chicken rice, hopefully my chicken rice seller is not trapped there, or the staff of Han's and Ya Kun .
“hainanese chicken” lice is actually a sinkie remake of the original wenchang chicken (文昌雞) rice dish from 文昌 hainan. the sinkie version has evolved after 169 years (when the first hainanese started preparing wenchang chicken in sg), and it’s a far cry from the 文昌 version. you won’t want to eat the 文昌 version if you prefer the more meaty, bouncy, tender, flavorful sinkie version. the chicken there are leaner because they run around like kampong chicken. at wenchang they becum wing chun from too much sparring and fighting. moreover, sinkie dipping sauces are honed to perfection with the right combo of chili, ginger, garlic, salt, oil. plus dark soy sauce. over there mostly ginger and salt. and their lice is mainly plain steam lice. enjoy your sinkie hainanese chicken lice in sg, thanks to 169 years of separation of sinkie hainanese from their hainan heartland.

Last edited:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
“hainanese chicken” lice is actually a sinkie remake of the the original wenchang chicken (文昌雞) rice dish from 文昌 hainan. the sinkie version has evolved after 169 years (when the first hainanese started preparing wenchang chicken in sg), and it’s a far cry from the 文昌 version. you won’t want to eat the 文昌 version if you prefer the more meaty, bouncy, tender, flavorful sinkie version. the chicken there are leaner because they run around like kampong chicken. at wenchang they becum wing chun from too much sparring and fighting. moreover, sinkie dipping sauces are honed to perfection with the right combo of chili, ginger, garlic, salt, oil. plus dark soy sauce. over there mostly ginger and salt. and their lice is mainly plain steam lice. enjoy your sinkie hainanese chicken lice in sg, thanks to 169 years of separation of sinkie hainanese from their hainan heartland.
The only hainanese word i know : TupTa :biggrin: (means 13, I think)