• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Abba vocalist new album - A

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agnetha-f%C3%A4ltskog-a-omslag.jpg

Track listing

1. "The One Who Loves You Now" Jörgen Elofsson, Pär Westerlund
2. "When You Really Loved Someone" Elofsson
3. "Perfume in the Breeze" Elofsson, Fredrik Thomander
4. "I Was a Flower" Elofsson
5. "I Should've Followed You Home" (with Gary Barlow) Elofsson, Barlow
6. "Past Forever" Elofsson, Carole Bayer Sager
7. "Dance Your Pain Away" Elofsson
8. "Bubble" Elofsson
9. "Back on Your Radio" Elofsson
10. "I Keep Them on the Floor Beside My Bed" Fältskog, Elofsson

A is the fifth English language studio album by Swedish recording artist Agnetha Fältskog, formerly a member of the group ABBA. It is her tenth studio album overall, not including her work with ABBA or the two albums she released with her daughter and son respectively.
It is her first album since My Colouring Book in 2004, an album of cover versions of her favourite songs from the 1960s. This album includes the first original material Agnetha has recorded since I Stand Alone was released in 1987.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EC100513P14AGNETHA1-3573266.jpg

A triumph for voice of Abba: Review of Agnetha Faltskog's new album A
10 May 2013 13:54
Former ABBA singer Agnetha Faltskog releases her first album of original material in over 25 years on Monday. A self-confessed ABBA fanatic, our Entertainment Editor Gordon Barr gives his ‘unbiased’ verdict on the new album, A

In 2004, when Agnetha Faltskog made her return to the music business with her covers album My Colouring Book, it became her most successful solo work here in the UK.

Fans had waited 17 years to hear new material from the woman regarded by many as the voice of ABBA, who had turned her back on the music industry during those intervening years.

It’s been nine years since then, but the blonde bombshell is finally back – this time with an album of new songs.

I am a huge Agnetha fan, but as a music critic have to be honest in my reviews. Does the album sound current, is the voice in good shape (she is 63 now after all) and has the wait been worth it? In one word – yes!

Here’s my track by track review of A – well, she was the first A in ABBA after all.....

1. The One Who Loves You Now: A mid-tempo number that wouldn’t be out of place in Eurovision. The lead-off single in other territories, lovely vocals and that Euro key change at the end.

2. When You Really Loved Someone: The current single. A torch song of love won and lost. Soaring chorus, beautiful.

3. Perfume In The Breeze: Like a gorgeous eau de cologne, this washes over you.

4. I Was A Flower: One of the strongest songs here. A tearjerker ballad – this is Agnetha at her best. You walk right through me, like an empty ghost, now when I need you the most, she sings. Incredible.

5. I Should Have Followed You Home: Here Agnetha teams up with Gary Barlow, who co-wrote the track. This took time to grow on me, but could be a potential hit single.

6. Past Forever: This is pure heartbreak ABBA-esque. Adele would have been proud to have written this.

7. Dance Your Pain Away: This has to be the next single. A dancefloor filler if ever there was one. This will be in every club over the next few months – the biggest hint of her ABBA days on the album.

8. Bubble: From disco-tastic to a stripped down track in which you immerse yourself in a bubble with those fantastic vocals again.

9. Back On Your Radio: Indeed she is – and we’re all grateful for it. A bit tongue in cheek here, but a catchy little ditty.

10. I Keep Them On The Floor Beside My Bed: Agnetha was a chart-topping singer- songwriter in Sweden before ABBA, and this is the only self-penned track on A. Personally, I’d have liked to have heard more, if this is what she can conjure up.

Overall verdict: 9/10

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://api.ning.com/files/ihF*csLe*...Qb*Qqxol9U*zsCL2sXNZNlEZwaCfL/AGNETHA1061.jpg

My days are constantly filled with music, whether it be in the car on my way to work, sitting at my desk at work or cooking in the kitchen. I constantly have something playing! What kind of music do I play?! I do not like any new music that comes out. It all sounds the same and has no originality to it. I mostly play old albums because I cannot get into today's music. I grew up listening to ABBA. To this day I still play them and just love how their music just makes me feel happy. So when I was asked if I wanted to do a review on Agnetha Fältskog’s new album A I jumped at opportunity! I have been waiting for anything to come out from this talented group and to have a solo album is even better.
I popped this cd in my car stereo on my drive into work because traffic was just killer. Oh man I could not believe how soothing and refreshing it was to hear her voice coming through my speakers. I could have easily been listening to an ABBA album but I wasn't only because I had never heard these songs before. I LOVE IT!! It has been nearly 10 years since Agnetha has come out with anything and from everything I have read she was unsure to do so. Why?! I have no idea. She sounds incredible in this album. She doesn't have the most powerful voice but it is so angelic and soothing that it just puts a smile on your face and makes you feel good. The lyrics are simple, the melodies and simple and the songs are just so great to listen to that regardless of your musical preference you are bound to find a song that you like on this album.

One of my favorites on this album is "Dance Your Pain Away". It has such a similar resemblance to an ABBA disco song that it had me tapping my hands on my steering wheel. You have piano-led songs, pop type of songs and love songs all wrapped up in one album. This is a must for anyone who is looking for something new but resembles the old.
Agnetha Fältskog’s new album A is set to release Tuesday May 14th but I have been given some copies to share with our readers! Enter the giveaway below to win one of three CD's that I have to giveaway. Otherwise, hit your local retailer and purchase this new album, you will not be disappointed!! You can get more info on what Agnetha Fältskog has been up to HERE or follow her on FACEBOOK and TWITTER.